The Dark Knight Joker's Ending Scene

More like, "HAHA our film is better, we respect the source material and don't kill off the most famous villain in the comic book world."
Two words:
Two-Face

No because only fanboys have to connect everything.

BATMAN WEARS A SUIT!!! IT'S SPOOFING 89!!
Yeah, because rooftop climaxes involving the Joker tumbling off, and Batman shooting a cord around his ankle happen all the time in the comics, right?
Unless the do it in a way that's completely unlike the climax for B'89 (which, actually, I have a feeling they will), it'll probably come off as some sort of reference, even if it's not meant to be.

I agree at this point, but I will have to see how it plays out.

Since Two Face is out of the picture, I really like the idea of introducing some new villains to the screen, and possibly using the Joker as some sort of overarching force working from inside Arkham.
That's exactly how I want to see it, with
the Joker escaping at some point in the film, perhaps in a way reminiscent of Hannibal Lecter's escape.

But he's not a villain in Nolan's world.
He doesn't necessarily have to be a villain, more of just a threat that Batman must face, emotionally and literally. I just pray the reports aren't true, or that somehow it's left ambiguous.
Otherwise, I just can't figure out why, after keeping Scarecrow and Joker alive, they would kill off Two-Face after thirty minutes. I can see a lot of potential, involving Batman having to go through the emotional struggle of bringing down someone he considered to be his friend, and trying to rehabilitate him, that's possibly been wasted.

In my opinion Burton's movies sucked. They were too dark and had alot of things I wasn't comfortable at all with. Made Batman look more insane then heroic.

Also from what I heard, Two Face doesn't actually DIE. I heard somewhere he fakes his death/funeral and comes back in the third.

In my opinion Burton's movies sucked. They were too dark and had alot of things I wasn't comfortable at all with. Made Batman look more insane then heroic.

Also from what I heard, Two Face doesn't actually DIE. I heard somewhere he fakes his death/funeral and comes back in the third.

Ironically, half the people on the boards complain that Burton's movies were too "comicish" and "staged" and Nolan is far more "dark and realist" and delves more into Batmans psychology, while Burtons version just had him "standing around" and "not saying anything."

I find it funny how the exact same film can be seen so completely differently by equally huge Batman fans. Is it just a flavor of the month thing? I mean, the same people who claim to love the dark and twisted side of Batman because it makes him *DIFFERENT* as a superhero, then turn around and complain when something is too dark, too twisted, too comic-ish... etc.

Ironically, half the people on the boards complain that Burton's movies were too "comicish" and "staged" and Nolan is far more "dark and realist" and delves more into Batmans psychology, while Burtons version just had him "standing around" and "not saying anything."

I find it funny how the exact same film can be seen so completely differently by equally huge Batman fans. Is it just a flavor of the month thing? I mean, the same people who claim to love the dark and twisted side of Batman because it makes him *DIFFERENT* as a superhero, then turn around and complain when something is too dark, too twisted, too comic-ish... etc.
I think hatred of Burton's films is just the "it" thing right now. Who knows? In twenty years, by the time the inevitable reboot comes round, people could be saying the same about Nolan's films :o

So...

Both Joker and Two Face fall off rooftops, and Joker survives.

Cool.

Yeah, because rooftop climaxes involving the Joker tumbling off, and Batman shooting a cord around his ankle happen all the time in the comics, right?

The comics have nothing to do with it, so thanks for the useless comment.

BATMAN HAS A BIKE!!! HE'S SPOOFING ADAM WEST!!!!!

JOKER HAS A BOMB!! IT'S SPOOFING TAS!!!

I really think now that the third film was going to be the Joker's. With Whats-his face out of the picture, I think 3 was going to be Joker and maybe some freaks. I mean, the TDK will be amazing, and they talk about not making another unless it will be better. Batman+Joker and maybe some freaks was the plan IMO.

Of course I could be totally ****ing wrong, but thats the way it seems.

I just hope Nolan doesn't try too hard to make the third installment better than The Dark Knight. It appears that the Dark Knight will be hard to top. We all have seen what happens when someone tries to top it's predecessor...*cough* Matrix 2 & 3 *cough*

I still think Joker will be re-cast for the third. Just imagine someone like daniel day lewis as the joker, i think he could do it.

I just hope Nolan doesn't try too hard to make the third installment better than The Dark Knight. It appears that the Dark Knight will be hard to top. We all have seen what happens when someone tries to top it's predecessor...*cough* Matrix 2 & 3 *cough*
cough Spider-Man 3 cough X3

Yeah, I'll go with the latter on that one. He did say he wants to slit my throat. That should give you an idea of the other trash he said.

LOL!!!!

That made me laugh.

So, a quick question...so the final scenes with Joker and Two-Face, respectively, they both deal with
buildings and they both fall with only one death and one survival?

Joker wails on Batman with a metal pole! and he is absolutely frenzied. I think Jonah knew it would resemble Death in the Family.

the Joker's final scene is my favorite for him. and there are nice references to Killing joke.

Yeah, I agree. I always felt it was cheap how Burton tried to force the heroic shot of Batman at the end with the Batsignal right after he "killed" the Joker more or less. Didn't sit right with me.

Joker's final scene was most definitely a tip to batman '89, they wanted to tease us. I was most on the edge of my seat through that scene. I didn't know f he would die or not, Goyer said he wouldn't kill him, but given the circumstances...I like how he went out, but what to do with him now.

yeah I definitely felt it was a reference to 89, the final scene

But If that is Jokers Ending What is Two-Faces Ending?

He dies

No recasting, mentioning is fine, leave the performance be I say. I would feel SORRY for any man cast in that role. All I can hope is that there is some unused footage that can be inserted in some how as a nod, they have to move on for the third. With Ledger gone and the spoiler above, that seems to be the only case. I have no idea what is next or how some of the other villains will fit in to Nolan's world.

Heres the thing I didnt like about Joker's ending.
There is some dialog between Batman and Joker where he basically tells Batman that Batman would never kill him and that he enjoys Batman too much that he would never kill Batman, saying that they were destined to meet eachother again and again.

Basically this tells me there was a definite plan to keep Joker as the villain in the third movie. And honestly, after seeing Heath Ledger play the Joker, I don't think there can or should ever be another Joker.

I saw the movie yesterday, and that it's the case. That's Batman and Joker final scene. But it's a pretty good one, and IMO has nothing to do with B89.
When Joker falls, he goes laughting in such a cool way, like screaming "I WON, you had to kill me"

I'm writing like **** cause I'm tired and speechless

Why it has nothing to do with 89:

First of all, they're not on a rooftop, neither is Two Face. Joker is on a high floor of an unfinished office building so that he can watch what's going on with the ferries. He gives Batman quite the fight until he's got him pinned on a ledge of some scaffolding and boards, waiting for the "fireworks." They never come and Batman points out to him that the people of Gotham aren't like him, there is good inside of people. So when the Joker pulls out his own detonator to blow them up, Batman throws him over the ledge, The Joker laughs on the way down and until he's caught by the grapple hook and lifted back up. Besides talking about how they could do this forever, he also points out that he's still going to win because Dent/Two Face has fallen from grace and he will destroy Gotham's spirit with the acts he's committing.

BTW, in 89, he didn't fall off a rooftop either, he fell off of a rope ladder climbing up to a hilicopter. I know i'm being nitpicky and annoying, but so are the people who are trying to say the last Joker scene is a purposeful parody of the ending of 89.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"