Joseph Gordon-Levitt CONFIRMED for COBRA COMMANDER!

Horrible. I have no problem with JGL, but how can we take seriously that a skinny little kid can run/start/oversee a huge ash terrorist organization? And how goofy is it going to look to see him barking orders at elder actors like Arnold Vosloo? He's just too damn young/wrong/baby faced. Sorry, but THIS is the worst casting for the movie, IMHO. :down

And it seems to me like they cast him just so the "twist" won't seem as obvious since he's just a "kid". :whatever:

QFT :cmad: :up:

To me, Joseph Gordon-Levitt isn't the kid from 'Third Rock' anymore, he totally grew out of that. He's a fine actor that has proven to me what kind of talent he's got. He's got range which a lot of actors lack. I could name a few very popular actors that have recycled the same role over and over. I'm one of the few that actually like this decision. After the terrible casting of Marlon Wayans, I welcome this news and welcome Joseph Gordon-Levitt to the G.I.Joe universe.

He wasn't my first choice, (that was Kevin J. O'Connor), but I'm happy with it.

I'm just greatful we got a G.I.Joe movie, they could have easily never made a live action one.

Yo Joe!

Michael Wincott (Top Dollar from 'The Crow') was my top choice for Cobra Commander

MichaelWincott.jpg

To me, Joseph Gordon-Levitt isn't the kid from 'Third Rock' anymore, he totally grew out of that. He's a fine actor that has proven to me what kind of talent he's got. He's got range which a lot of actors lack. I could name a few very popular actors that have recycled the same role over and over. I'm one of the few that actually like this decision. After the terrible casting of Marlon Wayans, I welcome this news and welcome Joseph Gordon-Levitt to the G.I.Joe universe.

I'm just greatful we got a G.I.Joe movie, they could have easily never made a live action one.

Yo Joe!

The Lookout was superb.

Scott Frank's screenplay moved that film along, however.

Marlon Wayans is a decent actor, he just picks some bad films to do with his family.

He may not fit, but he's at this point the only thing that makes me interested in this movie, so it must be good for something. :up:
:up:

Yo Joe!
Here, here. :up:

Ugh. Noth liking this choice at all. Im agreeing with the age thing, hes too young. This is really making me think that they may go with the goofy cartoon version of CC. :(

Good actor but far too young for this role, God I hate Sommers and di Bonaventura.

Mask on = no problem.

Mask off: They could easily bypass the age issue if the character is written as a psychotic genius, able to see all the angles; always 10 steps ahead and fully in control.

I don't have anything against Levitt as a performer. I grew up with him on 3rd Rock and he always did good, solid work in that.

Its simply if they do Cobra Commander as has been rumored . . . it's not going to work.

allthough I am going to see this movie regardless, I am a little concerned about this choice...

I would have gone with Gary Oldman, William Dafoe or even Hugo Weaving...

This guy seems much too young to play the cobra commander I know.. They must be going a completely different direction with this character. Oh well, we will have to wait and see what they have planned.

In many ways this is reminding me of when Heath Ledger was announced as The Joker. Jospeh gordon-Levitt bares a strong resemblence to Heath and pretty much, what happened with Heath witht he Batman franchise is probably happening to Joseph right now for the GI-JOE movie.

Just thought I'd throw that out.

At the end of the day, I don't think its valid because . . . well the Joker is the Joker, and Cobra Commander is Cobra Commander.

Cobra Commander has never been a live action character before, he's only existed in the cartoons and comics.

the joker is iconic the look, the voice, the mannerisms, everything, with Cobra commander I think you only have to deal with the voice, I don't know if he has any weird mannerisms.

For me, Dominic West (300), Originally rumored for Destro, could be the Cobra Commander.

Eh, for me, Cobra Commander doesn't need to be all diesel. I can see a thinner version of him, so long as he packs a lot of menace and character into his performance. I have no problem with this casting.

BTW, I'm a little behind on all of this, but is this particular Cobra going to be wearing the hood or the mirror-mask?

Personally I think the hooded Cobra Commander is more iconic. You get to see his menacing eyes and there is a vague ku klux clan kind of look. It would also contrast better with Destro's metallic face.

Yeah, I'm hoping for the hood, never was a fan of the mask/helmet thing.

P.S. Saw the logo for G.I.Joe looks cool.

This is a terrible casting news. I really hate Wayne as Ripcord, but at least Ripcord isn't an iconic character like Cobra Commander. This actually makes the casting of Tatum as Duke inspiring. I just don't like this one bit. :mad:

Wait a sec...
You like Channing Tatum over Joseph Gordon-Levitt?
:down

I gotta agree, I wish they would have picked Nathan Fillion instead of Channing Tatum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"