Joseph Gordon-Levitt CONFIRMED for COBRA COMMANDER!

Wait a sec...
You like Channing Tatum over Joseph Gordon-Levitt?
:down

I have stated that I don't like Tatum as Duke, but IMO Tatum as Duke is better than JGL as CC. Maybe because I like CC more than Duke and had envisioned actors who are more seasoned and possessed more onscreen presence than JGL to play Cobra's commander. Anyway, I really hate this casting and I doubt the movie would convince me otherwise.

back when this was solely rumor... i didnt like it. because of age, but i never had a problem with his acting. hes a proven talent lately.

now that i think about it, hes my age: 26. i was in the Air Force, i left after one term. i joined at 17 and was out at 21, i was reasonably (relevent to the timeframe of my lifespan) close to Staff Sergeant. so a 26 year old in charge of a Military criminal organization is totally acceptable.

I really am not getting what the hell is going on with this movie.

He looks the part enough, I guess.

cobramaniplol1dq5.jpg

So has anything been said as to Rex?--meaning--is it going to be that he is a Joe named Rex who become CC?

In the most recent comics Cobra Commander is supposed to be a young charismatic,good looking guy-he is also supposed to be so unassuming hed be the last guy you would suspect as a leader of a global terrorist organization.

He is a master of manipulation and mind games,he is not supposed to be a tough guy or a badass,hes just extremely clever for example-wearing a mirrored faceplate so that when he is talking to someone they see themselves looking back.

I think Joseph Gordon Levitt is a perfect choice,after seeing him in Brick im convinced he has the talent,charisma and SNAKE like charm to pull it off.

If you pick up Snake-eyes:Classified it shows alot of CC unmasked but online i could only find this:

attachment-3.jpg

but trust me JGL is gonna be good

thelookout.gif

This is almost like when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker. Pretty boy playing one of the greatest comic book villains ever, no one thought he could pull it off. No one thinks JGL can pull off another classic villain, but I think he's going to surprise a lot of doubters. I can't wait to see him.

This is almost like when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker. Pretty boy playing one of the greatest comic book villains ever, no one thought he could pull it off. No one thinks JGL can pull off another classic villain, but I think he's going to surprise a lot of doubters. I can't wait to see him.

I hope you are right then, because CC is one of my favorite characters and I'd hate to have him ruined for his big-screen debut.

My only thing with JGL is his age, other than that he's a good choice.

I see your point but its a weird one with CC,I never imagined him as being that old,and with the comics when hes unmasked they always tend to draw him quite young.

Of course in GI JOE the movie he was bald with blue skin and ended up turning into a snake...but i digress....

and, who knows, if we'll even see him unmasked in the movie
(or if he is, that they might give him some wired make up effect, or something)

I believe the only time you see his face is before he becomes Cobra Commander. In a flashback when he's buddies with Duke.

Finally some positive opinions about Gordon-Levitt. People seem to complain about his age, but lets say they didn't know how old he was, would they have a problem with him as Cobra Commander?

I don't mind this casting too much if he's going to be wearing the hood for the whole movie.

i think JGL as cobra commander is going to be sick, he was awesome in manic when he beat up the that big guy, he can TOTALLY play someone crazy and out of his mind

and hes rumored to be in akira which is even more badass

this movie just keeps getting weirder... i think it's a decent choice, even though it's a bit odd. i think jgl can pull it off... people need to look past "the kid from 3rd rock" thing and realize that this is what actors do... he certainly wasn't cast for appeal, because he's not all that popular, so he must have impressed somebody to end up with the part.

i'm still not overly impressed with this whole thing but it has potential... sommers has never made anything more than average but fun films, but at least it won't be horrible.

He is cool.

Cobra Commander is going to be masked, so i don't worry.

So what good work has JGL done?

The only things I've seen him in so far are episodes of Third Rock From the Sun and the movie 10 Things I Hate About You.

Just wondering if someone can name some films he's done that I should check out. I keep hearing people mention that he's a good/great actor, and I can't make that decision off of what I've seen.

Off the top of my head, I read good reviews for Manic (2001) and Brick (2006), and Mysterious Skin is also a far-cry from 3rd Rock.

I don't mind the choice. It is certainly a better casting decision than they made with Duke. My problem is more with the rumours about how the Cobra Commander character is written.

Off the top of my head, I read good reviews for Manic (2001) and Brick (2006), and Mysterious Skin is also a far-cry from 3rd Rock.

Thanks!

I don't mind the choice. It is certainly a better casting decision than they made with Duke. My problem is more with the rumours about how the Cobra Commander character is written.

What do these 'rumours' say about him?

I always thought there was little to really nothing about CC so far.

Very interesting, is all. It's obvious this whole flick is a prequel to the original G.I. Joe series and comics, more or less having them at their younger peak. I've seen Levitt act, and the dude is damn good. I want to hear more interviews from him concerning the character first.

Ha, I saw Havoc last night and both JGL and Channing were in it as rich white gangstas. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"