Will Joseph Gordon-Levitt return as Cobra Comander?

Since we know CC is in the new movie but we don't know who is playing them. I checked with my sources at Paramount and I asked if they could confirm that Faran Tahir was playing Cobra Commander. They said they could not confirm the actor playing the character at the moment.

Then I asked if Faran Tahir was in the movie. And they said they could not confirm regarding that actor being in the movie.

Honestly my feeling is if he wasn't in the movie at all they would just say no he's not. So he could be in the movie but not necessarily as CC.

I don't care if he removes the mask or not. He at least looks like the Cobra Commander from the cartoons, which already makes him 100 times better than that bullsh** we got in the first film. I love Joseph Gordon Leavitt but man, did his CC suck. It wasn't really his fault though; no one could have made that character good.

Woooh, I thought he wasn't gonna be in the movie. At least he's back even if he wasn't portrayed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

figured they would recast the character. Essentially you dont need a big name actor to play a villian if the villian is wearing a mask. Essentially i reckon he could of been replaced by Doug Jones.

It's a shame really because i felt the reason the first movie was watchable is because Joseph Gordon-Levitt played an interesting take on the Cobra Commander.

Woooh, I thought he wasn't gonna be in the movie. At least he's back even if he wasn't portrayed by Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

He wasn't. From what the rumors and early screenings would tell us, he was played by Faran Tahir and voiced by Charlie Adler from G.I. Joe Resolute. However, neither of those were confirmed.

From what the rumors and early screenings would tell us, he was played by Faran Tahir and voiced by Charlie Adler from G.I. Joe Resolute. However, neither of those were confirmed.

hum, who started that rumor?

Jon Chu confirmed Cobra Commander's return.
Cobra_Special_Forces_CobraCommander.jpg

Didn't say who was playing him, but someone is.

http://www.**************.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=59604

cobraii.jpg

Definitely not Joseph Gordon-Levitt, because if its JGL, they would have shown his face on the posters.

so what did you guys think of the new Cobra Commander - both in costume and without the helmet?

The costume looked great,but he wasn't in it nearly enough.

I miss the cartoon voice. The movie voice is tryin too hard to be badass.

I didn't mind the voice too much. Though I preferred the voice in the first movie (for all two seconds of it), but both voices were so heavily modified in my opinion. I would have preferred it to have been less noticeable so we could hear more of the actor's performance.

I didn't really notice Cobra Commander in the 2nd movie. He was kinda quiet and just there. Plus the lack of personality didn't help.

True. He could have had more to do. But on the other hand it was still tons more Cobra Commander than the previous film gave us. That was mostly just The Doctor pretending to play toady to Destro (who also wasn't really Destro until the end).

I assume CC will be back in part three - maybe Destro escaped and will be back too!

If they bring back Baroness, they will have to bring back Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the cobra commander - I gave that some thought. See any character that wears a mask can be played by a number of different actors. Especially if the movie is trying to bring the budget down. But what you got to remember is that in the first movie you were introduced to Rex Lewis - aka became Cobra Commander... But also brother of Baroness. In keeping with that whole storyline... if you bring back the baroness and she is what works on the side of Rex/Cobra Commander, you gonna need some form of back story... saying Rex just reactivated the nanomytes the were trying to get rid of by the end of the movie is a cheap storyline.

It would be better to explain the complex friendship Baroness and Cobra Commander had before they became who they became. Yes they were brother sister but say Rex was adopted by the baroness family of which she always looked as him as younger brother then many years later Rex saves the baroness's life and she owes him a debt. So when the first movie happened she was too distrait to cope with rex's death but now she knows he is alive. Whose side will she be on, Rex or the joes

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"