Will Joseph Gordon-Levitt return as Cobra Comander?

They need to have Cobra Commander take off his mask to show his face.

He was very good in the film. The perfect evil archetypal villain. As bad as other aspects of the film was, he stole the show

He reminded me of a power ranger villain. lol. If JGL doesnt return i pray they replace him at least to continue the story and have CC look right

He's got a good career now and he didn't even want to do the first movie. Not to mention, making JGL the face behind CC sucked. I don't think he's a bad actor but I mean . . . he just didn't look or sound like Cobra Commander should. Charles Adler had a good grasp on how Cobra Commander should sound.

So, is Cobra Commander going to be in this?

Well once they went full on Darth Vader at the end of the movie there was really no need for Levitt to return so I'm not surprised he's not coming back. So far I don't think there's been any mention of Cobra Commander or Destro returning but I hope they do.

With the way JGL's career is going, I'd feel it'd be a step back for him to do it anyways.

i dont see him coming back but seriously no Commander in joe/action force is just wrong thats like a he-man flick without skeletor

Shhh! You don't want to give them any ideas Ultimate_Evil, the various He-man scripts that have been written are worse than the first G.I. Joe movie.

As for JGL, I don't see the guy even wanting to come back. I expect he just did the first one so he could get his face out there because he wasn't that famous yet. Even if G.I. Joe 2 turns things around for the movie franchise it would still feel like a step down in terms of work for him.

Plus there wasn't that much in the script in the first one that made Cobra that interesting despite their attempts at an origin. Still at least it wasn't as bad as the Baroness origin.

It's not like there's no one else on the planet who can play CC. Maybe they'll retcon the first movie and say JGL's character was an imposter.

I don't think it really matters that JGL won't return. The first movie and its script was awful and he's not likely to look on it any better than the audience. I'm sure both sides probably would want to forget about the movie. So in a sense it doesn't really matter that someone else is CC from now on, only that the film and the role aren't as bad as the first movie.

I'd like to see a CC who adhered a little closer to the version I know and love. Less disfigured scientist crap, more working class guy who got screwed by the system.

Well I'd be all for a soft reset on the canon. Sort of remove bits (or all of) the first movie that didn't really work without overtly showing it. That way for future sequels you could possibly revisit CC's backstory and go with another version (or have a Scarlett who's character isn't a complete idiot).

I'd like to see a CC who adhered a little closer to the version I know and love. Less disfigured scientist crap, more working class guy who got screwed by the system.

Pretty certain Cobra Commander is shown briefly in the trailer... in the classic metal faceplate helmet no less!

He between President Zartan and Firefly. Looks almost like a B.A.T.

gijoe-retaliation-cobra-commander-firefly-550x309.jpg

I heard a rumor that he's a voice actor this time, which I'd be perfectly fine with. I sincerely hope that's him in the trailer because he looks great.

According to IMDb Faran Tahir is "unconfirmed" as Cobra Commander. Anybody know anything about this?

According to IMDb Faran Tahir is "unconfirmed" as Cobra Commander. Anybody know anything about this?

Faran Tahir is too awesome to be kept behind a mask for an entire movie. I would love to know where this supposed information came from.

I hate to break it to you fans but Joseph Gordan-Levitt will not return as Cobra Commander, a different actor will take his place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"