• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League Justice League Spoilers Thread - Part 3

Joining the chorus for a Snyder cut as well. Liked JL (warts and all) as it is, and while I wasn't the biggest fan of MoS and BvS, I'd like to see his longer-form narrative fully played out. Like the posters above, think there's money to be made from this cut too.

Joining the chorus for a Snyder cut as well. Liked JL (warts and all) as it is, and while I wasn't the biggest fan of MoS and BvS, I'd like to see his longer-form narrative fully played out. Like the posters above, think there's money to be made from this cut too.

The extended cuts of both BvS and SS sold like hot cakes. From a financial perspective WB would be stupid not to do it, but it would only perpetuate the idea that they release incomplete products all the time.

The extended cuts of both BvS and SS sold like hot cakes. From a financial perspective WB would be stupid not to do it, but it would only perpetuate the idea that they release incomplete products all the time.
Well, that's because they do.

True, but with Zack likely exiting the franchise altogether, the cut would be seen as the bookend of the Snyder era of the DCEU, a collector's item kind of deal, with all kinds of behind the scenes footage.

Has anyone discussed Superman’s freeze breathe and how underwhelming and passive it was?

For Snyder to be such a visuals king, I’m shocked by this. But then again, maybe it was a Joss reshoot additive?

Either way, what a missed opportunity.

What's wrong with his freeze breath?

I thought it was fine.

But then again, maybe it was a Joss reshoot additive?

Pretty sure that was a Whedon shot. I noticed an odd upper-lip. That's how I pick out the Whedon shots lol.

What's wrong with his freeze breath?

I thought it was fine.

Maybe make it a stop moment and play it up a bit?

It just felt flat and a missed opportunity. But if it was a Joss thing, I? know why it did. He’s not going to pull that off like Snyder would/could.

And if it was Snyder, then, well, okay....

Maybe make it a stop moment and play it up a bit?

It just felt flat and a missed opportunity. But if it was a Joss thing, I? know why it did. He’s not going to pull that off like Snyder would/could.

And if it was Snyder, then, well, okay....

Superman kind of fell flat in general. Yeah, what he did was in line with the character but his actions weren't that well put together. I'm convinced Snyder would have given it some more weight visually.

Well.....there's only 1 DCEU movie next year.....WB could invite Zack back to put together his original version, clean up the CGI, and release the movie again! :sly:

And then watch it get 19% on RT.

The way Batman spoke about Superman was such a breath of fresh air. I like Batman and Superman as friends.

Buying the bank

"Willing to make the trade"

Realizing that Superman was a actually a good person. Worked a job etc etc

Wonder Woman saying there's room for more members was also amazing!

League needs at least two more women so the entire female audience doesn't have to critique everything WW does

That and the line from Lex about starting his own league. I would much rather see a sequel with the Legion of Doom than one with Darkseid. Since as much as I enjoy Darkseid..it will be a rehash of this movie and with the Avengers movie fighting Thanos...it will be ripped as a copycat.

Plus it would be something the Avengers have done. A movie with the heroes battling another group of villains. (Civil War not included. ;) )

Do you guys think Steppenwolf is still alive?

I do. He seemed pretty indestructible when the Amazons and members of the JL fought him, the only race he seems to be particularly vulnerable to is the Kryptonians. I doubt a bunch of parademons are going to do much damage. He'll probably sweep them off once he gets back to Apokolips. What I am interested in though, is to find out what he's done since he's been exiled on his home planet (at least he seemed to hint at it while he was trying to pick up the 3 boxes), and was it the first failed attack that caused him to be in that state?

I do. He seemed pretty indestructible when the Amazons and members of the JL fought him, the only race he seems to be particularly vulnerable to is the Kryptonians. I doubt a bunch of parademons are going to do much damage. He'll probably sweep them off once he gets back to Apokolips. What I am interested in though, is what he's done since he's been exiled on his home planet (at least he seemed to hint at it while he was trying to pick up the 3 boxes), and was it the first failed attack that caused him to be in that state.

Yeah I think he's alive too. I think Darkseid brought him back and spared him.

Just a quick question here. Can anyone explain the 2 scenes in the beginning while "Everybody knows" is playing where
a) there's an altercation involving a bunch of fruit being kicked and police arresting two guys
b) a homeless man with a sign that reads "I tried"
I mean I get it, world is going to ****, hope is dead. But do you think there's any more to these scenes? They felt so superfluous in a 2 hour cut.

Just a quick question here. Can anyone explain the 2 scenes in the beginning while "Everybody knows" is playing where
a) there's an altercation involving a bunch of fruit being kicked and police arresting two guys
I mean I get it, world is going to ****, hope is dead. But do you think there's any more to these scenes? They felt so superfluous in a 2 hour cut.

I thought that was a little weird.

Thinking that opening scene was originally longer, but was cut for time.

The homeless man with the sign was Joss Whedon, saying he tried to save the horrible original Snyder cut.

The way Batman spoke about Superman was such a breath of fresh air. I like Batman and Superman as friends.

Buying the bank

"Willing to make the trade"

Realizing that Superman was a actually a good person. Worked a job etc etc

League needs at least two more women so the entire female audience doesn't have to critique everything WW does

All moments I really liked.

That would be too meta even by Wheldon's standards ha. The opening montage felt like another scene riffing off Watchmen by Snyder; his SH aesthetic seems to be forever tied to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"