Justice League The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Marshall-Green as somebody like Kyle Raynor maybe.

Did he really? Seriously, not being sarcastic....

No. He just looks uncannily like Tom Hardy:

tumblr_m1z6mufoRl1qce7f5.jpg

Darn it lol....

....Josh Duhammel as GL; and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Aquaman

....what do you guys think of Paul Walker as the Flash? He has the look IMO
Barry_Allen_001.jpg

paul-walker-2003-mtv-movie-awards-chkoq41.jpg

Also, anyone mind doing a JL fancast with any of the actors from WB/CW shows...past and present.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind Coster-Waldau as Aquaman.

is it me or does Waldau look like fassbender you know if fassbender got punched in the nose repeatedly:oldrazz:

Paul walker has the look but he is so awful. Maybe he and tyrese should play John and Wally? I'm joking I hope that never happens.

Paul Walker isn't that bad and he already carried a franchise.

Yeah I thought Paul was solid in all the FF films and did well carrying Into the Blue. Also, if you haven't seen Running Scared he is good in that too!

Last edited:
I dunno, isn't he also taking up Hitman at the end of Fast 6? I personally don't rate him that highly as an actor too- I find him passable.

Walker didn't carry any franchise. It was vin diesel. Paul Walker is a bad actor

If he got the part of the Flash, I guess his name would be Paul Runner then.

But seriously, no for Paul Walker getting the part.

If he got the part of the Flash, I guess his name would be Paul Runner then.

But seriously, no for Paul Walker getting the part.

ZING!!!

Batman:Bomer
WW: Meghan Ory
GL: Eion Bailey
Flash:Gosling
Aquaman:Bradley Cooper
J'onn: Lance Reddick's voice

So now the actress is too big to play WW, yet a lot of people were saying that the actress should be 5'10 and up:huh:

FYI, Carano was fighting Michelle Rodriquez.

IMO Carano isn't tall enough to play Barda or She-Hulk.

Also, I didn't know Carano was dating Cavill. Additionally, I wouldn't want to see a 40+ Superman with a younger 30 something cast. I like Batman and Supers to be the same age or for Batman to be older either by a few years or 10 at the most. IMO that is a better dynamic than an old Superman and a young Batman.

Furthermore, Cavill isn't a bad actor. I really hope though he isn't written and directed poorly and that they learn from Singer/Routh's mistakes.

As I said before, I think that Cavill will really portray Superman differently than he has been depicted on screen and in comics and that it will shock a lot of people. Remember this is Snyder, Nolan and etc.'s story and they are going to take this character in the direction they want much in the way they did what they liked with Batman.

40 something Superman...oh? If this thing gets delayed forever?

I have no problem with any of these characters being played by a slightly older actor in a one off movie...I just think franchising this with a bunch of 40 year olds would be kind of problematic.

My ideal Justice League franchise would start with 25-30 year olds, and end with 35-40 year olds, which is kind of the age range we've seen the characters portrayed as in the comics themselves (alternate universe stories like The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come not withstanding.)

Last edited:

I have no problem with any of these characters being played by a slightly older actor in a one off movie...I just think franchising this with a bunch of 40 year olds would be kind of problematic.

My ideal Justice League franchise would start with 25-30 year olds, and end with 35-40 year olds, which is kind of the age range we've seen the characters portrayed as in the comics themselves (alternate universe stories like The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come not withstanding.)

images

Miles Fischer
(Bruce Wayne/Batman)

images

Henry Cavil
(Clarke Kent/Superman)

images

Phoebe Tonkin
(Diana Prince/Wonder Woman)

images

Ryan Reynolds
(Hal Jordan/Green Lantern)

images

Scott Porter
(Barry Allen/The Flash)

Hal Jordan gets replaced in future films with John Stewart.

ahh the returning scott porter he along with nathan fillion and bridget regaen as that fan cast that comes up every year on the hype lol

Huh? Confused by your first sentence. I mean I wouldn't mind seeing 40 something superheroes in a JL film depending on how it is done. 40 Isn't actually old in Hollywood terms and many 40 yr olds play 30 somethings, heck sometimes 20 somethings all the time. I could live with that. I just wouldn't want Superman portrayed on screen as 40 something and Batman to be portrayed as a 20 something crime fighter. I think that dynamic would be odd and better if both characters were the same age or Batman was older with more experience under his belt.

I agree I would also like to see JL with actors starting off between 25-35; however, I would definitely be okay with actors 35-45 knowing how movies are made and being an aspiring actor myself.

Just look at Avengers. Ages ranged from what 25-50 basically and everyone did a great job and were convincing. That's one reason why I wouldn't mind Anson Mount in the role because since he will be wearing a cowl he will obviously have a stunt guy do the harder stunts.

However, to start the franchise over with him could be questionable. I definitely do not want another origin story. I want Batman to be experience maybe in his 2nd to 5th year at the very least fighting crime. I also think a Batman, Inc. approach would work well for a new franchise either 3 or 4 films with stories adapted from other popular stories.

Midnight did you say Paul walker for flash? He'll probably need a walker by the time the movie gets made. I'm pretty sure he's 40 now. At least it's something different.

Midnight did you say Paul walker for flash? He'll probably need a walker by the time the movie gets made. I'm pretty sure he's 40 now. At least it's something different.

Yeah I did lol. He is older at 40 and probably isn't on any lists to bring in a franchise.

However, I honestly don't see a flash movie getting the green light until at least 2017/2018 unfortunately.

I don't see it getting green lit ever. Green lantern ruined those chances. What were they thinking? Superman and batman, and possibly Aquaman have interesting,exciting stories to tell. The others do not. Wonder Woman could get her own franchise but the way female centric action movies go, they either suck or no ones ever seen it.

That is why I think and have proposed WB/DC creating their own formula for superhero movies and not going by the Marvel formula of doing solo films before the big ensemble.

My idea is for WB/DC to make the JL movie LOTR's style and either do two films back-to-back or a trilogy. This way we get huge story arc, but each film can introduce some characters for each movie's sub-arc, that way the film doesn't seem over crowded with a bunch of heroes with little backstory and rushed.

In the first film they can introduce 2 or 3 out of the 7 heroes and hint at a 4th in the second film. Then in the second film they introduce two more and possibly one of the heroes from the first film either is injured or isn't as important to the second film's story. Finally, in the third film the heroes from the first movie and second film come together in the final climax.

Based on the trilogy or dual film's success solo projects can follow either in film or on television/cable.

Trying to do the Marvel formula is just all wrong for DC right now and wouldn't make sense IMO. TDK/Batman just ended so they would need to start that back up. GL sucked so they would either need to revamp the sequel big time or do a reboot...or a reboot/sequel lol (i.e. G.I. Joe style). The WW project has had too many problems. Flash has at best been a rumor. Aquaman isn't taken seriously enough. People think Hawkman is the guy form Flash Gordon. And no one knows who MM or Cyborg are lol.

Yes, a LOTR style JL film is the best route to go if wanting to get this off the ground before 2018/20.

that nikolaj guy is a fantastic idea for aquaman! infact i like most of the suggestions on this page.....except for paul walker :)

I agree that there are other actors that could probably do a better job or that will be on Hollywood's list for Flash. However, Paul Walker would have made a good Flash and still can IMO. He isn't as bad as everyone thinks.

Have you seen Running Scared? If not check it out. It's a pretty good, but weird film. Also he was good in Into the Blue and has proven that he can carry a movie as a leading man. Plus, his attitude and demeanor is very Barry Allen or what I would imagine Barry Allen would be like if you ask me.

Flash (in no order):

Teddy Sears
Hayden Christensen
Kellen Lutz
Robert Hoffman
Matt Czuchry
Justin Timberlake
Ben Foster
Ryan Kwanten

Just to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.