King Kong Extended Edition Announced!

Considering I - like most people - felt the theatrical edition was over-long, I really don't have much interest a movie that's made even longer. But that's me...

A longer edition? The theatrical version felt like an extended version already.

if anything they should make a cut up version that you can watch again and again..lol

it was long...but awesome

cant sa the same about titanic

I'm pretty happy with the 2 disc set that was released. Now if the extended cut contained more Kong or Dinosaur action then maybe I might get it. It will surely contain a few commentary tracks, but sitting down for 3 + hours just to listen to each individual one is just so time consuming. I still haven't gotten around to listening to all the commentary tracks on the Lord Of The Rings Extended Edition dvds.

I loved KK so I'll be getting this for sure. I want to see the raft scene and whatever else they cut out.

As long as it's no more Jimmy and Mr. Hayes or extended boat ride crap, I'll buy it.

Orko Is King said:
I loved KK so I'll be getting this for sure. I want to see the raft scene and whatever else they cut out.

There should be the dinosaur attack on the raft, Ann screaming on the beach, and Kong killing the army commander. All together, Peter Jackson claims that there's 30 minutes of material he'd like to include.

I'll buy it. Heck, I'd want it just for a commentary track.

And for those of you that want a shorter version, you could just use the scene skip option.

Flexo said:
And for those of you that want a shorter version, you could just use the scene skip option.

I don't want just a shorter version, I want to see stuff out and stuff in. Like the Jimmy subplot never got any resolution.

Jimmy and Mr. Hayes plot was the worst thing in the film to me. I thought the movie was great, but I think Jackson tried to bring a LOTR type frendship/brotherly bond element that fell flat and distracted from other characters.

It could have been good if more focus was put on it than Jack and Anne (which was weak) and it needed resolution.

Jackson will ruin the future of potential extended versions for other flicks... he hit big with LOtR but now he will **** it all up and no one will try it again...

I never like the Jack and Anne angle in KK...I thought Jackson should've focused more than Kong and Anne instead. I didn't sense much chemistry between Brody and Watts, and the ending where Jack reached the top of Empire building to reunite with Anne seemed rather forced. I do agree that the movie appeared bloated and the beginning was way too slow and bored, and I'm not sure how another 30 minutes would improve the experience. However, I might check it out to see if it's worth buying first.

I might get it. I liked KK a lot.

If there's ever been a movie that doesn't need an extended edition it is this one.

About friggin' time, I'd say! Now I can finally see PJ's version of the raft scene! I wonder what he used instead of a "Brauntosaurus" (sp?)?

You know, even though I absolutely loved King Kong to the point where I'd go so far as to call it the best movie of 2005....

....Even I thought it was too long. :o But ehhh, I guess that just means more copies for the people that do want to see an extended version. ;)

yeah, they REALLY need to cut out that subplot with jimmy and the dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"