King Kong Extended Edition Announced!

Yes!!!! Can't wait! I've bought the LOTR films, but my favorite Peter Jackson film and one of my personal favorites is DEFINITELY King Kong. So this is a must buy, no matter the price.

Does anyone know how it will be set up?

- How many disks
- How many commentaries
- etc.?

All I could make out from the spanish site was 3 discs. I'm guessing two discs for the movie plus some extras, and then a third disc with just extras. There's also the production diaries DVD set that came out a while back for people who want even more.

I agree that the theatrical version was a little too long, so I have a little dread about the extended version. But at the same time I don't really care, because maybe I should just think of it like a really big budget mini-series on HBO to justify the crazy runtime.

Triligors said:
Yes!!!! Can't wait! I've bought the LOTR films, but my favorite Peter Jackson film and one of my personal favorites is DEFINITELY King Kong. So this is a must buy, no matter the price.

Does anyone know how it will be set up?

- How many disks
- How many commentaries
- etc.?
you have alot of coffee and time on your hands:eek:

Yeah, the LOTR disks took me about a week to two weeks to watch all of the features. I'm pretty sure there will be more special features- because last time it was pretty minimal, since it was just production diaries and two features. I think I heard from Peter Jackson, some time a while ago that there was alot more behind the scenes footage that was shot... so, hopefully there will be great additional special features for the extended edition.

Yes, just what I need. 2 extra hours of pointless boatriding.

In all seriousness, if they'd consider cutting down the whole boatride deal for a shorter cut, I'd get that.

Kent said:
Yes, just what I need. 2 extra hours of pointless boatriding.

In all seriousness, if they'd consider cutting down the whole boatride deal for a shorter cut, I'd get that.
yeah true....

take out some of the meaningless crap and add some t-rex vs kong:up:

I myself want to see all the cut dino scenes....every singe one, none left out.

Is this talk of a 5 or 6 hour cut for real? If so, :doom: holy ****. I thought the movie was good, and I did like the boat trip to the island...but...5 or 6 hour cut?

I'll defenitly get it.

I got alot of time on my hands.

how the **** could they make this **** longer?

enterthemadness said:
Is this talk of a 5 or 6 hour cut for real? If so, :doom: holy ****. I thought the movie was good, and I did like the boat trip to the island...but...5 or 6 hour cut?
I was exagerrating. I'm fine with the original King Kong which is 104 minutes.

I am glad I waited.
I always wanted the extended cut.
King Kong theatrical didn't feel long to me. Alot of other movies seemed longer.

Only Peter Jackson can make a 4 hour remake of an hour and a half long movie. :D

Galactical said:
Yay MORE BOREDOM.
8576352.jpg

what a phenomenal ****ing film. I am committing thread necromancy just to say it. This has got to be one of my favorites.

ZOMG even longer?!?!?!

I actually liked King Kong heaps. I was happy with the TC length. But one day I'll check the EE.

In other news, it's 2013 now. :)

But yeah, the extended cut was an improvement over the theaterical and I never had a problem with the length.

The piranha attack on the extended cut is the best non-Kong action sequence.

Loved the TC but the EE was even better, amazing movie being made better, what more can you ask for?

I still cant believe there are people out there who dislike this movie, its one of favourite movies ever and it was a great take on a classic story if you ask me.

Oh lord, how the hell do you make it any longer? :facepalm:

By adding more action scenes that make an already awesome film even better.

Loved the TC but the EE was even better, amazing movie being made better, what more can you ask for?

I still cant believe there are people out there who dislike this movie, its one of favourite movies ever and it was a great take on a classic story if you ask me.

Indeed. I love it more than 2 out of 3 LOTR movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"