Sony Spin-Off Kraven The Hunter

ATJ is a good actor, and I've been following him since Nowhere Boy where he played John Lennon.
So in terms of him as an actor, I'm not concerned in pulling off Kraven.

3d043c2dfb024cbbb25142a53ba064e3.png

The script and Avi Arad
tenor.gif

I'd feel alot more confident in Feige was taking the reigns of this project , but in terms of ATJ as an actor, I'm confident.
He’s a good enough actor yeah, and I’m sure they can make him get a good likeness to the character, although I would have preferred ATJ in a few more years to really nail it.

He’s a good enough actor yeah, and I’m sure they can make him get a good likeness to the character, although I would have preferred ATJ in a few more years to really nail it.

Yeah, I could see that. In my eyes , he's young, but I've got 11 years on him.

But then, I think of how old he is in relation to Holland's Peter , so even though ATJ is a kid in my eyes, to Holland's 17 or 18 year old Peter , a 30 something Kraven is an older guy.

So, even though I pictured the MCU Kraven as Being closer the Jake J's age, I'm gonna try to put aside the way I look at him agewise , and try to look at him from the perspective of a teenager.

I've gota say -- regardless of people's (mixed?) feelings about ATJ for Kraven, with Tom Hardy headlining Venom, Jared Leto headlining Morbius, and now ATJ headlining Kraven ...... Sony's done a pretty remarkable job casting and filling out it's SUMC characters and roster, recruiting and gathering some top, top level talent. Hardy and Leto, and Taylor-Johnson for sure too, are all pretty much best-of-the-best actors. And they're all getting their own solo movies, movies to stand out and shine and own the characters, not just cameos are splitting the screen (for better or worse) with Spider-man/another leading actor

That may just sound like putting spin on a so-far Spider-man-less Universe (and it pretty much is lol), but I'll def give credit where credit's due. People may hate what Sony is doing (and that's fair), but they're (so far) putting a pretty solid foot forward towards making them the highest quality possible

Just my 2c lol

Spider-Man should be in this. :spidey:

According to the original writer. He said Kraven will come face to face with Spider-Man.

For reference, here's the interview:

(11:10)

Spider-Man should be in this. :spidey:

According to the original writer. He said Kraven will come face to face with Spider-Man.

For reference, here's the interview:

(11:10)

See if they can do this and have Spidey in the movie but it's from Kraven's POV, I think I can be on board with it.

I think Aaron doesn't look the part. The actor they should have hired is someone in his late 30s or early 40s.

As for Sony continuing their Spider-Man villains as solo films - its intriguing but not eXciting, something eXtra to watch. I feel like compare to the MCU films, these upcoming Sony films are just there.

There's a catch, there always is. I have trouble seeing this as a Spider-man 4, even from a villain-centric point of view.

It's only a matter of time before Holland pops up in one of these films.

Given
Yeah, I could see that. In my eyes , he's young, but I've got 11 years on him.

But then, I think of how old he is in relation to Holland's Peter , so even though ATJ is a kid in my eyes, to Holland's 17 or 18 year old Peter , a 30 something Kraven is an older guy.

So, even though I pictured the MCU Kraven as Being closer the Jake J's age, I'm gonna try to put aside the way I look at him agewise , and try to look at him from the perspective of a teenager.
given his young age, I was actually wondering if there will be more of a period piece accept too it? with the timeline jumping back and forth from his origins as a young man to him as an older man now (with him playing both just aged up in the modern era scenes/ if not opening it up to a possible recast in future appearance when it comes time for crossover events) kinda like in Jupiter legacy (for those who followed that) where even the older characters were played by younger actors/actresses...

I mean big game hunting is hardly popular these day's (PETA would be all over him lol) if this was in fact his claim to fame this would have been in very different times (maybe even as far back as 40's-50's) it is suggested in the comics that in addition to enhancing his strength/speed/senses that the serums/herbal remedies that he takes slows his aging significantly as well

it could be that seeing recent activity in the news Venom/Morbius/even Spider-man him self prompts him to come out of retirement for a new type of hunt/new challenge

Given

given his young age, I was actually wondering if there will be more of a period piece accept too it? with the timeline jumping back and forth from his origins as a young man to him as an older man now (with him playing both just aged up in the modern era scenes/ if not opening it up to a possible recast in future appearance when it comes time for crossover events) kinda like in Jupiter legacy (for those who followed that) where even the older characters were played by younger actors/actresses...

I mean big game hunting is hardly popular these day's (PETA would be all over him lol) if this was in fact his claim to fame this would have been in very different times (maybe even as far back as 40's-50's) it is suggested in the comics that in addition to enhancing his strength/speed/senses that the serums/herbal remedies that he takes slows his aging significantly as well

it could be that seeing recent activity in the news Venom/Morbius/even Spider-man him self prompts him to come out of retirement for a new type of hunt/new challenge

A period piece is definitely an interesting thought . . . I could definitely see that working. It's been popular in movies over the last few years, and that could be a really cool place to go with this or start with in this movie :up:

Yep. It's a bizarre choice that suggests Sony's people are either out of ideas or they're so out of touch with the property that they don't know what bounderies you should set for adapting these characters. Probably both.

They are not out of ideas. It just so happens that they are all bad ones and terribly money driven short term ones at that...

They basically have access to a geek IP that they can use to make money except they don't get to touch Tom Holland and Spider-man. So they're trying hard to grab whatever characters they have at their disposal that have some fan/brand recognition and shoving them down an assembly line of disposable movies in order to make a quick buck. This has been Hollywood's model for years now, people gravitate towards Kevin Feige and tell him apart from the rest of producers because A) he at least cares a bit about the material and things making sense and B) he is a man with a 10 to 20 year long term plan who cares about continuity and building solid foundations for their golden goose IP.

Sony, on the other hand, reeks of bad corporate moviemaking by committee trying to emulate Marvel's success. They've been trying to put together a Sinister Six movie ever since Avengers came out when they haphazardly tried to rearrange Andrew Garfield's ASM2 into a setup for it, killing the movie in the process and ensuring that there were no sequels left to make that happen. After that they panicked and made a deal with Marvel.

Kraven being made into a standalone movie makes no sense. Like Venom, he has fan awareness in relation to Spiderman and he works as a villain to Spiderman. This Sony antihero schtick is running out dry and the worst part of this is that they most likely stopped the third MCU Spidey movie from using Kraven (they hinted at him in interviews and wanted to bring him in for the third one) as its main antagonist and closely following on the cliffhanger of the last movie.

He makes more sense as an antagonist in a Black Cat origin film.

He's Kravens half brother, it'll probably be a family betrayal type thing.

I wish Sony would just exclude Spider-Man entirely and do a loose adaptation of Last Hunt with Hardy's Venom and Kraven. The Morbius, Venom, Kraven, Silk, Black Cat-verse interests me a whole lot more as an else worlds story, than just imagining Spider-Man exists.

They are not out of ideas. It just so happens that they are all bad ones and terribly money driven short term ones at that...

They basically have access to a geek IP that they can use to make money except they don't get to touch Tom Holland and Spider-man. So they're trying hard to grab whatever characters they have at their disposal that have some fan/brand recognition and shoving them down an assembly line of disposable movies in order to make a quick buck.

Sony, on the other hand, reeks of bad corporate moviemaking by committee trying to emulate Marvel's success.

I don't think casting Jared Leto as Morbius feels like a particularly bland, corporate-committee move.

people gravitate towards Kevin Feige and tell him apart from the rest of producers because A) he at least cares a bit about the material and things making sense and B) he is a man with a 10 to 20 year long term plan who cares about continuity and building solid foundations for their golden goose IP.

Adapting Civil War didn't make sense to me.

They've been trying to put together a Sinister Six movie ever since Avengers came out when they haphazardly tried to rearrange Andrew Garfield's ASM2 into a setup for it, killing the movie in the process and ensuring that there were no sequels left to make that happen.

Adapting the (Harry) Green Goblin again and the death of Gwen Stacy was probably what killed it, I don't think having 3 or 4 minutes of the Rhino or 20 or 30 seconds of extra gadgets killed it.

Kraven vs PETA Parker!

Hmm. I still wonder how Sony could make this and Morbius appealing to the masses. And what are they going to do if both films underperformed.

O wow I forgot about morbius. Wtf happened to that?

As of now due out in January. But who knows what films actually make it to release on time

The last time a Marvel movie was released in January was in 2005 with Elektra.

I don't know if its the lack of confidence from Sony or if they think both films have a good chance in succeeding at the boX office in January. That is such a dry month for movies. Most likely, people are just going to watch the new Spider-Man movie than pay a ticket for Morbius.

Article says many principle cast members are Kraven's family.

Crowe is the bad guy and is Kraven's father, isn't he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"