Sony Spin-Off Kraven The Hunter

Ah, so Chameleon is gonna be in the movie as well! That shouldn't surprise me, but I guess i didn't think about it

Good God. This is like a nightmare.

It's a shame because Crowe would have made a great Kraven during the Raimi years.

what if, Crowe is the modern day Kraven... with ATJ playing him in flashbacks?

Kraven’s family makes for great drama. Fleeing Russia in 1917 and left the unwanted Dmitri behind. His mother’s mental illness. His relationship with Calypso and his marriage to Sasha, who had been a gold digger. His affair with a mutant woman that resulted in Alyosha. There is a lot of good melodrama there, and I can see Chameleon wanting revenge for being abandoned. It has potential.

Still wish Spider-Man were involved.

what if, Crowe is the modern day Kraven... with ATJ playing him in flashbacks?

Nah. My guess is Crowe is Kraven's father. My only question is whether or not ATJ plays Sergei or if the movie will be about Sergei's son

rather or not the rumors of her casting to be true or not, I'd still like Calypo to be part of the story

Last edited:
A 22 year old as Chameleon?

This just has Sony stink all over it. They're really ruining these great characters that could have been in a Spider-Man movie.

I wanted an older actor to play Kraven but since Sony is going with younger actors, I don’t mind Hechinger. It’s probably an origin story anyway.

So are there 2 villains? If Nivola & Abbott have both been cast as villains?

(side-note: I totally forgot about Catch-22. That show was phenomenal)

They are doing this **** wrong. Kraven is one of Spider-Man's best rogues. You are literally robbing the audience of letting Spider-Man interact with and play off of these characters.

I have no interest in a solo Kraven story. I'm not saying it can't work, but you should be introducing him in Spider-Man and setting it up that way if you're keen to do spinoffs and solo movies.

Kraven: The Last Hunt was an amazing freaking storyline. But it was a storyline with both Spider-Man and Kraven.

I really wanted to see a standard Spider-Man film with Kraven as villain. Admittedly I’d expect that to only be on the radar with an established older Spider-Man but I still held out hope of getting it one day. Feels like Sony got lucky on Venom being (IMO) so hilarious and making bank that they may try this dump any old villain with minimal effort on screen tactic, which can kill off that villain’s reputation with the GA. That way we’ll just get the same top villains recycled for ever more and not see some of the other great villains beyond that top layer face off against Spider-Man in a big budget film.

They are doing this **** wrong. Kraven is one of Spider-Man's best rogues. You are literally robbing the audience of letting Spider-Man interact with and play off of these characters.

I have no interest in a solo Kraven story. I'm not saying it can't work, but you should be introducing him in Spider-Man and setting it up that way if you're keen to do spinoffs and solo movies.

Kraven: The Last Hunt was an amazing freaking storyline. But it was a storyline with both Spider-Man and Kraven.
Yeah, he’s unique. Could have led to a very memorable one off film IMO.

Yeah, he’s unique. Could have led to a very memorable one off film IMO.

Secondly, Kraven's not a very heroic likable character I want to watch a whole film about him as the protagonist anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"