Lee Pace as Ronan: the Accuser

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by KDM1986, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

2. Loki882 Registered

Yeah he looked cool and I also quite liked his voice.

3. StarLord <<<<<<<<<<

Dat voice when he channeled the Orb's power tho'...

I was like DAYUM! :wow:

4. Rowsdower! Registered

I liked Ronan a lot. Some have argued that he's a little one-note, but he had some layers. I liked how he had this competitive edge to him. You see it when he killed the other, when he challenged Thanos and then when he stuck around on Knowhere to kick the live crap out of Drax. Pace did a great job with the character.

5. misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i liked right away you get the explanation of why ronan is working with thanos. he mentions the kree empire and says kree often. i know we will get some more kree in future movies now. hopefully a mar-vell.

#355 misjuevos, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  6. marcvader Lurker #1

I really hope Mar-Vell makes it on screen one day in connection to Danvers and not in a crappy Abin Sur way. I hope he gets shown as the greatest Kree warrior ever. If that's done he can die a glorious death maybe at the hands of Thanos and I'd be satisfied.

7. 747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Loved the performance, didn't love the character (though servicable).

8. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

9. Kahran Ramsus Super Moderator

Ronan was alright. He wasn't a great villain, but he was okay. Certainly far better than Malekith, who I've heard comparisons to. His dialogue is a lot better, the performance is a lot better, and his motives are far more understandable.

But he doesn't really get enough screentime or do enough to be truly memorable. Killing the Other and the beat down of Drax on Knowhere were good, but he didn't have enough of that, especially in the climax.

Overall, he was satisfactory.

10. Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

Lee Pace gave a really good performance and Ronan was very threatening but he was really one dimensional and wasn't really a memorable villain. He was definitely no Malekith so I'm pleased about that.

11. Raiden Wakanda Forever

This thread is so bored, even Ronan is taking a break.

[​IMG]

12. Marvolo Registered

The theater I was at has an insane audio setup and when Ronan said "And then Im coming for you, Thanos!" The LFE made the damn theater shake. I was just settibg there like...

[​IMG]

People can say he's one note all they want, but Ronan had some great moments. He's my favorite villain of the Marvel movie verse and likely will always be one of my favorites.

13. gildedmuse Snark Is A Superpower

Ronan straight out tells us that his father and his father's father were both killed in the war with Xandar. He's lost generations to the war. I won't argue that this single line of dialog made him a stronger character, but it is there.

14. The Guard Registered

Lee Pace did a fantastic job with very little to work with. Ultimately, I think he was a bit wasted in this role. He deserves more to chew over and more depth of character, and so does Ronan. Ronan was better than Malekith mostly because there was at least a reason he wanted to kill things, but only because of Pace, and that's not high praise for the portrayal, moreso for the actor. Still, Ronan did have some nice moments and felt less generic somehow.

I'm not up on my lore, what are the odds he'll be back? Could Thanos bring him back somehow?

15. marcvader Lurker #1

With Thanos' relationship with Lady Death I guess it's always a possibility.

16. Tim_Riggins Dillon Panthers

Ronan was definitely underserved in the movie, my sole complaint about it, he's kind of a big character in DnA's Annihilation, GOTG, etc, and his motivations are a bit fuzzy here, I'd have liked a scene of him judging some people (we do get the one Nova guy, but it's too fast), and I feel like he's too evil here when in the comics (going back to the comics I know), he's more neutral.

I'm kinda stunned that they disposed of him so easily at the end of the movie, like, he really seems to be totally gone, which I find surprising.

17. cph9fa Registered

I feel like we should've gotten more about the Kree in general, and how they felt about Ronan. He was a patriotic zealot, but did he have a lot of backing? Was he popular among the common people of Kree? Or a certain faction of their government? (e.g. in the comics, he's worked with a radical group that tried tried to overthrow the Supreme Intelligence). Would the Kree Empire have imprisoned him for war-crimes if he had been apprehended, or treated him as a war hero?

18. ctsketch Registered

The kree ambassador was sure quick to dismiss Nova Prime

19. cph9fa Registered

I remember the scene with the Kree ambassador talking to Nove Prime (and being excited about the scene at the time), but I've forgotten the specifics in the intervening week and half. I'll need to watch this a second time.

20. ctsketch Registered

Nova: Blah blah Ronan is slaughtering our people
    Kree: Blah Blah, none of our business *click*
    Nova: prick

21. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I liked Ronan in the movie, as a fan of character though I didnt like them mentioning him killing women and kids, and I especially didnt like him being [BLACKOUT]killed off[/BLACKOUT]. He is one of the best and most important cosmic characters, not to mention extremely important to the Kree, he even led them for a time recently.

I hope they find some way to bring him back.

22. Raiden Wakanda Forever

Maybe after Ronan is infused with the power of the Infinity Gem, he'll return and stronger than ever. Hey, it's not like MCU never brings anybody back from the dead.

23. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Well you know....the MCU HASN'T brought anyone back from the dead...that's the thing

24. ctsketch Registered

Coulson

25. Tim_Riggins Dillon Panthers

He probably wasn't counting Agents Of SHIELD as part of the MCU, but it is.