Guardians of the Galaxy Lee Pace as Ronan: the Accuser

I am sad we are probably going to be stuck with Villain Ronan in the movies. I'm a big fan of his face turn in the recent cosmic comics.

Anyway, here's hoping he uses the Universal Weapon for more than just smashing people and shooting blasts.

I kind of doubt it, I mean look what Mjolnir has been relegated to in the MCU and Thor's a MAIN character.

We *gotta* get this guy to lock hammers with Thor in Avengers 3. :)

Word :word:

So I wonder who burned that smoking hole in the center of his chest?

very excited for this guy, love that bit with him one-arming Drax. He's going to be a beast.

He's the character I'm most excited about seeing along with Drax, Rocket, and Nebula.

Why is Lee Pace still listed as an unknown villain for this thread? Isn't it certain now that he's Ronan? Or is there some doubt, even after seeing footage of him?

Why is Lee Pace still listed as an unknown villain for this thread? Isn't it certain now that he's Ronan? Or is there some doubt, even after seeing footage of him?

Because those of us in the know know he's really Thanos. :o
Who's pretending to be The Collector. :o

wait, what....?:huh:

I really hope they don't "Malekith" him.

I'm sure they won't, Marvel Studios seems to be putting far more in this film than Thor: The Dark World.

Last edited:
I hope he's played as a ruthless force-of-nature. He needs to be scary, and he cannot be campy in any way. (Especially given that he'll be the SECOND cosmic hammer-carrier in the MCU.)

I like that Lee Pace has gotten a big role in such a major movie, but I hope Ronan makes multiple movie appearances and is not killed off the end. He's a good actor and I bet he does great in this role. Still kinda disappointed he's not Nova, but this is stilla good role for him

Wow I didn't expect Lee Pace so damn good as Ronan, He look freaking menacing and his voice worked so well. I hope he returns somehow

Yeah, the entire garb was comic accurate. See Hollywood, it is possible.

Well it is easier to be more accurate when it comes to "alien" characters than it is with human characters set on Earth.

I really wish that he hadn't died in this film, I want more him!

Lee Pace was quite good, but I wasn't a big fan of Ronan's characterization to say the least. I loved the movie overall, but the villains were the one big problem that I had with it.

I loved him personally, he's a welcome deviation from Loki type villains.

Last edited:
Not every villain has to be a charming trickster. Ronan was a Kree fanatic. Nothing more.

Yeah, I thought he did a good job being very menacing. I'll fully concede that his role in the movie wasn't dramatically different from that of Malakith, but I thought he handled it better. In addition, I though the subtle politics playing in the background helped as well. The Kree were established as something formidable in the universe, which helped Ronan seem more impressive.

He was fairly shallow motivation/characterization-wise but had a strong presence and was really the first MCU villain to actually make me go, "Wow, how are they gonna kill this guy?"

He was fairly shallow motivation/characterization-wise but had a strong presence and was really the first MCU villain to actually make me go, "Wow, how are they gonna kill this guy?"

I'm not gonna lie, after Malekith absorbed the Aether I felt like that as well.

Although Thor was a much tougher adversary than any of the Guardians, bad place maybe even all of them combined.

I feel like Ronan was what Malektih should have been. The look, the voice, the acting, all fantastic. Another great villain in the MCU.

I knew absolutely nothing about Ronan from the comics, so I didn't have any problems with his characterization. I sympathize with those who wish he was more like his comic version, but to me he was perfect for this movie.

He has to be up there in the best villain designs ever. Marvel does an incredible job with how great their villains look (even if some have been subpar, they looked amazing). Iron Monger, Red Skull, Loki, the Winter Soldier, Malekith, Ronan, and THANOS all look perfect.

I see he's still an unknown villain. :p Is it too late for a thread title change? lol

I feel like Ronan was what Malektih should have been. The look, the voice, the acting, all fantastic. Another great villain in the MCU.

I knew absolutely nothing about Ronan from the comics, so I didn't have any problems with his characterization. I sympathize with those who wish he was more like his comic version, but to me he was perfect for this movie.

He has to be up there in the best villain designs ever. Marvel does an incredible job with how great their villains look (even if some have been subpar, they looked amazing). Iron Monger, Red Skull, Loki, the Winter Soldier, Malekith, Ronan, and THANOS all look perfect.

Kurse and fake Mandarin looked great as well.

It's a shame more wasn't done with Ronan. He looked badass and really came off as a threat. I wish Thanos would talk to Death and ask for a favor. ;)

I'm not gonna lie, after Malekith absorbed the Aether I felt like that as well.

Although Thor was a much tougher adversary than any of the Guardians, bad place maybe even all of them combined.

Agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"