Guardians of the Galaxy Lee Pace as Ronan: the Accuser

Death is cheap in the Marvel Universe. You think the way he went out doesn't warrant ressurection?

Lee Pace's Ronan was definitely better than Malekith. It was sort of a similar set up/function but whenever he was onscreen you really felt his presence and he was a real genocidal nutball when he got angry. I kinda wish we got to see him a bit more.

I'm not gonna lie, after Malekith absorbed the Aether I felt like that as well.

Although Thor was a much tougher adversary than any of the Guardians, hell maybe even all of them combined.

I think Ronan's defeat was handled better than Malekith. It was a little too vague on why Malekith being transported resulted in him losing.

I think Ronan's defeat was handled better than Malekith. It was a little too vague on why Malekith being transported resulted in him losing.

Um, he lost all his limbs, head, and torso. I didn't find that all that vague ;)

I thought lee was great as Ronan I do hope he comes back and maybe shows his heroic side like how he is in the comics

Lee Pace's Ronan was definitely better than Malekith. It was sort of a similar set up/function but whenever he was onscreen you really felt his presence and he was a real genocidal nutball when he got angry. I kinda wish we got to see him a bit more.

Just the one scene where he tells Thanos you call me boy!! Is 10x better then anything they did with Malekith

And Thanos's reaction was priceless. He STILL wasn't concerned at all.

I loved him personally, he's a welcome deviation from Loki type villains.

Except that we've Already had numerous "deviations." Stane, Red Skull, Malekith, etc. In fact, Loki's the exception, not the rule. And Ronan is not the type of villain that you over-simplify like this, he's too interesting. Call him something else if you want to do this "Evil McGeneric Bad Guy," or something like that. But he WASN'T Ronan the Accuser. I'm fine with changes to the source material as long as they're still interesting. But when you make things LESS interesting, then the change was pointless and I tend to reject it. Ronan is like the entire Elektra movie in my mind. I sit there and think "this was SO MUCH better/more interesting in the comics, so why the Hell would you change it." Again if they hadn't have tried to pass evil generic nutjob here off as being Ronan the Accuser, then I wouldn't have had nearly as much of an issue with it.

Except that we've Already had numerous "deviations." Stane, Red Skull, Malekith, etc. In fact, Loki's the exception, not the rule. And Ronan is not the type of villain that you over-simplify like this, he's too interesting. Call him something else if you want to do this "Evil McGeneric Bad Guy," or something like that. But he WASN'T Ronan the Accuser. I'm fine with changes to the source material as long as they're still interesting. But when you make things LESS interesting, then the change was pointless and I tend to reject it. Ronan is like the entire Elektra movie in my mind. I sit there and think "this was SO MUCH better/more interesting in the comics, so why the Hell would you change it." Again if they hadn't have tried to pass evil generic nutjob here off as being Ronan the Accuser, then I wouldn't have had nearly as much of an issue with it.

I disagree.

BETARayBill: Oh man that was one of my favorite scenes. THANOS was like: Oh no you didnt.... *signs off*

I found him extremely interesting and found it a shame we only got what we did. He certainly left me wanting to know more about him. Same with Nebula. Malekith on the other hand came off boring to me, looked cool, but was boring.

Thank you to whichever mod changed the title of the thread :)

I STILL cannot believe that was Lee as Ronan I knew he was in the movie (opening credits) but I did not know that was him wow he was good in the role (thumbs up).

I love how Thanos called Ronan a boy lol. He gave him no respect.

I thought Ronan had a great look and design to him but his character depth was relegated to I want to destroy this world because I can. Not to mention as a simple movie going fan he came off like a side henchman once thanos called him a boy and treated him like a jockey. I just wish his motivation would have had a little more kick to it besides he doesnt like a treaty.

His character is much more fleshed out and expanded upon in the comics. I only wish they made him a bit more like his source material, rather than just some murderous villain. I know he has killed plenty of people in the comics, but you get where he's coming from and what he's fighting for. Whereas in the film it was only briefly touched upon. Lee Pace did a good job with what he was given though.

He was fanatical, and because of that I kind of assumed there was a hectic bankstory to him. Now I'm just hoping we get to see it sometime.

Ronan was probably the weakest link of the movie. Wish there was some substance to him and a personality, rather than just "i will destroy everything because i can!" logic without a meaning. Well it's not like MCU movies have been known for having great villains. Enter Thanos and change the fact.

Heck they could have kept the genocide thing and STILL given him so more depth. They could have had some scenes of him reminiscing/talking about all of the friends/family/loved ones/comrades/etc that were lost in the war against Xandar. There could have been a nice parallel with the Guardians (who have all also lost a lot in their lives) and it could have shown how grief and loss affects people in different ways and sets them down different paths. That could have been interesting, Ronan as a once-good man who cannot let go of the past and has lost himself in the process.

Heck even in start trek 2009 as thin as eric banas villian was atleast he had valid motive for wanting to destroy planets. Im not familir with Ronan's past backstory from the comics but have him loose a dear loved one or have Xandar responsible for something that happened to him. Just something to make us care that the gaurdians stop him. To be honest in most comic book movies to date outside of doc ock and maybe loki most villians have had little to no depth and more time spent on the hero. Just once it would be interesting to have the villian develop the same way a hero does at the same time and have there ideals intersect organically and not just your bad and I have to stop you now for the big finale.

I know the superhero formula is tried and true but maybe just maybe give us 2 sides of the coin that are equally interesting and provocative.

Regardless of the actual character, i think the actual design of Ronan and the Dark Aster was fantastic. He really was pretty creepy looking with his black teeth and the black paint on his chin. Gave him a ghoulish kinda look when he opened his mouth.

I'll be in the minority and say I liked Ronan's face-paint. Sucks he was a villain and then destroyed b/c it would have been nice to see him stick around and fight with the heroes.

I'll be in the minority and say I liked Ronan's face-paint. Sucks he was a villain and then destroyed b/c it would have been nice to see him stick around and fight with the heroes.
That certainly isn't the minority opinion. Most here think he looked pretty damn cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"