Guardians of the Galaxy Lee Pace as Ronan: the Accuser

Apparently, Kronans don't have a very good rep in the MCU. :funny:

thor_giant.gif

Their relationship with the other MCU races has always been pretty rocky.

In the end acting trumps physical presence.
Lots of dudes would like WWE superstars to play all heroes and villains too match some of their exaggerated comic counterparts but that would kill the film.

I'm sure Bastista will be the exception to the rule...

looks like a blue Sith lol. I think there will be a very Palpatine-Vader vibe between Ronan-Thanos.

Hopefully Ronan will have an alternate dark green uniform in the movie.

Black looks great, but it's kinda too Darth Vadery. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
So is Lee Pace still this unknown villain in the title thread?

Wow I'm just psyched that they've nailed the look and the hammer too much to gripe about lack of original colors, I feared they'd do away with the helmet.

The hammer actually looks like its a cross between his 616 hammer and his Ultimate staff. Either way it looks damn cool and I cant wait to see Ronan wielding it like a bad-ass.

Hope it has cosmic powers like in the comics as well.

I think he looks amazing, can't wait to see how Lee pace approached this character, love his portrayal of thranduil

The red markings on his chest appear to be the same ones that his comic version has.

Looks like, yeah. That's certainly one way to do it. I cannot wait to see this guy on film.

These figures are making me more and more excited to see Ronan on film. I hadnt really heard of him before reading Annihilation about 5 years ago, but now he is one of my favourite characters. Loved him in Annihilation, Conquest, War Of Kings, Thanos Imperative and The Annihilators.

Ronan is one my favorite characters. I'm not crazy about the black that goes down to his chin though. But he still looks awesome

He does looks awesome, but he kinda reminds me of a nun.

A huge scary nun, just like the ones I had in catholic school.

I'm so used to Lee Pace as the Piemaker, that I cannot see him as Ronan, LOL!

Doesn't mean I'm not super excited that he's playing a brutal dude. Besides Rocket and the rest of the gang, Ronan and Nebula are the characters I'm most curious about in this.

Well, actually, I'm pretty curious about everyone.

You haven't seen him yet in the Hobbit 2? His role in that movie is already quite a transistion from Pushing Daisies.

You haven't seen him yet in the Hobbit 2? His role in that movie is already quite a transistion from Pushing Daisies.

I haven't seen DoS (it's hard to get out to movies these days, with our toddler and all LOL!) It's definitely on the queue when it becomes available for rent for sure… but I've heard great things about his performance.

Pace is a phenomenal actor. I just love him in Pushing Daisies and that's where I first laid eyes on him, so he's still Ned to me. Even though I've seen The Fall and he's absolutely brilliant in that. But he'll always be Ned, first and foremost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"