Legends of Tomorrow Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I can't really see a variety-show format like that being viable. You'd need too many characters for too little plot momentum. It wouldn't work on TV.
Actually it would but the thing is the characters would still need to be introduce first most and they'd have space and time to do alot of stories they want that ways. and it would work better on something like justice league unlimited or what G.I. joe used to do in animated form. which it worked fine back in the day and can still work now even in live action form.

As long as they have good introduction for these characters the format can work. the issue is do they have the writers that can pull it off?

IMO I still like this show but killing off Captain Cold was a big Mistake. I always found his character interesting whatever he did in this show. I also understand why they did it cause Wentworth had to go off and film Prison break but I really miss the Character

Last edited:
I did not mind season one so much.

This season I have to agree it is not so great.

I do not get this hanging out in a ship waiting for an "event" to happen.

From an "Arrow/Flash" perspective. Would it not be a good Idea to have them go hang out in their normal time until an event happens.

I am sure Lance would like to see his daughter (and needs to).
Does not Jefferson want to see his mother?
Stein and his wife..
ect..

And the show is cheesy and full of holes but I don't hate it, I don't love it but it passes the time.

You know, it would have been a lot better if they had gotten Manu to reprise his role as Slade in this show by becoming a member of the LOD. Heck, comics wise, he's supposed to be a major adversary for Atom as well...who would also have a legitimate reason for hating him here s8nce it was Slade's riot that resulted in his fiancé's death.

Manu doesn't seem interested in returning and Arrows Slade seemed more hellbent on revenge rather then being a full blown bad guy.

herolee10

You know, it would have been a lot better if they had gotten Manu to reprise his role as Slade in this show by becoming a member of the LOD. Heck, comics wise, he's supposed to be a major adversary for Atom as well...who would also have a legitimate reason for hating him here s8nce it was Slade's riot that resulted in his fiancé's death.

he's not coming back he both bad mouth the writers and he's too busy with the MTV series The Shannara Chronicles

doing the live action second chapter. being the badass elf druid with a techno sword

Legends-of-Tomorrow-Legion-of-Doom-feature.jpg

Legends of Tomorrow: Legion of Doom Adds Another Member in New PhotosRead more

6 hours ago
In several new photos for The Chicago Way, the Legion of Doom has inducted a new member: Arrow's Malcolm Merlyn.
Read more

Move over, Legends — there’s a new super team in town! In several new photos for “The Chicago Way,” the mid-season finale of “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow,” the Legion of Doom has inducted a new member: “Arrow’s” Malcolm Merlyn.
Of course, Merlyn’s involvement was announced right from the get-go, so this won’t come as a surprise to fans — although the setting might. The Legends will encounter Merlyn and the Legion in Chicago 1927, which is decades before Merlyn’s birth.
RELATED: Invasion! Addition Will Be A Recurring Legends of Tomorrow Character
According to the official episode description,
LEGION OF DOOM – When a new Time Aberration is discovered by the Legends, they find themselves headed to 1927 Chicago. The Legends quickly realize that they have been set up by Eobard Thawne (guest star Matt Letscher), Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and the newest member of the Legion of Doom, Malcolm Merlyn (guest start John Barrowman). While everyone is trying to help fix what they think is the mission, Jax (Franz Drameh) encourages a reluctant Stein (Victor Garber) to share his secret with the other Legends. Stein is taken captive and Sara (Caity Lotz) must make the tough choice of either stopping the Legion of Doom or saving Stein. Meanwhile, Rory (Dominic Purcell) gets an unexpected visitor and is not sure how to handle it. Brandon Routh, Nick Zano and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star. Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Sarah Nicole Jones & Ray Utarnachitt (#208). Original airdate 12/8/2016.

Legends-of-Tomorrow-The-Chicago-Way-1.jpg

Legends-of-Tomorrow-The-Chicago-Way-2.jpg

Legends-of-Tomorrow-The-Chicago-Way-3.jpg

Legends-of-Tomorrow-The-Chicago-Way-5.jpg

Legends-of-Tomorrow-The-Chicago-Way-7.jpg

Airing Thursdays at 8 pm ET/PT on The CW, “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” stars Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, Brandon Routh as the Atom, Victor Garber and Franz Drameh as Firestorm, Caity Lotz as White Canary, Maisie Richardson-Seller as Vixen, Dominic Purcell as Heatwave and Nick Zano as Citizen Steel.

Source: CBR

Last edited:
If Legends gets renewed. Change the format to make it more of a weekly team up. One week could be White Canary & Supergirl or Steel & Arrow. Every episode (or two) could be a enclosed storyline.

When they originally announced Legends, I thought it was going to be kind of a shorter event series where the All Stars get together and battle a big threat, sort of like what the Defenders are to the Marvel Netflix shows. I still think they should go that route. The swashbuckling time traveling adventures can be fun but seems aimless at times.

I still think they should go that route. The swashbuckling time traveling adventures can be fun but seems aimless at times.

Plus, they have done more damage in the past than Barry (The Flash) ever did in Flashpoint and the timeline hasn't changed too dramatically....Unless you count Prof.Stein's kid.

I did not mind season one so much.

This season I have to agree it is not so great.

I do not get this hanging out in a ship waiting for an "event" to happen.

From an "Arrow/Flash" perspective. Would it not be a good Idea to have them go hang out in their normal time until an event happens.

I am sure Lance would like to see his daughter (and needs to).
Does not Jefferson want to see his mother?
Stein and his wife..
ect..

And the show is cheesy and full of holes but I don't hate it, I don't love it but it passes the time.

Being fair, there seems to be more than enough time aberrations to keep them busy 24/7, so I'm not sure hanging out at home til something happens would really be practical. Granted, I wonder whether they repair more temporal damage than they cause, so. . .

Actually it would but the thing is the characters would still need to be introduce first most and they'd have space and time to do alot of stories they want that ways. and it would work better on something like justice league unlimited or what G.I. joe used to do in animated form. which it worked fine back in the day and can still work now even in live action form.

As long as they have good introduction for these characters the format can work. the issue is do they have the writers that can pull it off?

Here's the thing: so you introduce a few characters for the first story. That works fine. Then three episodes later, that story is done, and. . . you have to introduce a new set of characters. Which is fine, then. . . story done.

You would, by definition, spend all your time in the "newly introduced" stage, because its not a variety show if its always the same people.

The repercussions of the crossover will only affect the Arrowverse of Flash, Arrow, and Legends as there's little to none for Supergirl other than the Dominators will be in her universe.

The Dominators in Supergirl's universe will likely not be the same as the ones who appeared in Flash, Arrow, and Legends. They will likely have a different motivation than their Arrowverse counterparts.

Each of the four shows offer something different such as aliens in Supergirl, metahumans in Flash, street crime in Arrow, and space/ time traveling in Legends.

Gideon: "Miss Lance, my readings show that Barry Allen has disrupted the timeline again

Sarah: "IDGAF Gideon, I have to avenge my sister and kill Darhk"

The repercussions of the crossover will only affect the Arrowverse of Flash, Arrow, and Legends as there's little to none for Supergirl other than the Dominators will be in her universe.

The Dominators in Supergirl's universe will likely not be the same as the ones who appeared in Flash, Arrow, and Legends. They will likely have a different motivation than their Arrowverse counterparts.

Each of the four shows offer something different such as aliens in Supergirl, metahumans in Flash, street crime in Arrow, and space/ time traveling in Legends.

If anything, I wonder if the Dominators that come in Supergirl's Earth will have any connection with or be at all timed with the Daxamites looking for Mon-El.

Okay, so I don't watch the show. In fact the only time I will is the Invasion! crossover for obvious reasons. With that in mind....
LGN208b_0063b_595_Mini_Logo_TV_white_Gallery.jpg

Who is this?

OMG is she gorgeous! <3

Can they PLEASE get rid of Boring McBoring/the Colossus rip-off? That guy is just dreadful to watch.

Anyway, I enjoyed the crossover well enough. Although I found it odd that they killed of the President in passing. That event should've carried more weight.

Plus, there has to be more to Flash's message to Rip than this, right? It can't possibly be as anticlimactic as it seemed (a vague warning that ultimately went no where aside from creating some short lived drama among the team). I am guessing the season will end in 2024 with the crisis that causes Flash to disappear. Thawne seemed to know more about that, so with his introduction as a villain this season and the future newspaper's sudden reintroduction into the plot, I am guessing we are finally going to see what the deal with the future newspaper article is.

Okay, so I don't watch the show. In fact the only time I will is the Invasion! crossover for obvious reasons. With that in mind....

Who is this?

OMG is she gorgeous! <3

Sara Lance. Daughter of Captain Lance from Arrow and sister to Laurel, she was the original Black Canary. At least until her murder, but then she was brought back to life. At that point though, her sister Laurel had taken up the mantle of Black Canary.
Then she went onto the timeship with the Legends under Captain Rip Hunter, only now as the White Canary. And now that Hunter has disappeared she is defacto Captain of the Waverider and leader of the Legends.

If anything, I wonder if the Dominators that come in Supergirl's Earth will have any connection with or be at all timed with the Daxamites looking for Mon-El.

I hope so as I can see Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, and Miss Martian fighting the Dominators and Daxamites over Mon-El. Make the Dominators of Supergirl's universe a lot more threatening the Arrowverse versions.

Who is this?

OMG is she gorgeous! <3

That's Sara Lance. She was in Arrow before. She looks hot in this outfit. She's a total lesbo now which adds to her hotness.

Also, I like that we're going to see Lily Stein as a recurring character on Legends. I thought she was cute.

http://www.cbr.com/invasion-addition-will-be-a-recurring-legends-of-tomorrow-character/

She should start up a friendship with Caitlin.

I like the Lily Stein character. What I don't like is that Stein was all about thinking of her as an aberration he was going to 'smite,' only to change his mind when she proved she might be as smart as he was...

So intelligence deciding whether someone lives or dies. Way to go writers.:o

Who is this?

OMG is she gorgeous! <3

That is Sara Lance, the White Canary. She is mega hot and the number one reason to watch this show!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/02/spoiler-room-once-upon-time-chicago-fire-supergirl

Will Stein and Jax be able to keep up the secret about Stein&#8217;s daughter on Legends of Tomorrow? &#8212; Georgie

When has anyone been able to keep a secret in the Arrowverse? &#8220;Obviously Legends works differently than Arrow, where Arrow is all about people keeping secrets and secrets coming out and causing strife,&#8221; EP Marc Guggenheim says. &#8220;We&#8217;re setting up Legends&#8217; midseason finale, where the ramifications of that secret come into play &#8212; they&#8217;ll come into play in a way that&#8217;s a little different than your question presumes.&#8221; Either way, we have not seen the last of Stein&#8217;s daughter, who will appear again in a few episodes.

Nah, it is pretty terrible. The writing quality is consistently the worst of the four shows. It just makes up for it, somewhat, with good characters, and by virtue of season 2 being a massive improvement over season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"