Les Miserables: Even the thread will make you cry - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was great, despite all the talking from theatregoers. And we finally got to hear Russell! Not what I expected, but not bad.

New feature from EW including new photos - check out Hugh!

http://aarontveit.net/film-news/new-les-mis-feature-in-entertainment-weekly
normal_MSEW20121031-002.jpg

Can't wait for SNL on November 10. Anne is also going to host the Women's Media Awards on November 13.

http://www.looktothestars.org/news/9209-anne-hathaway-to-host-womens-media-awards

She is in demand because they want the best person for the job. :woot:

How did any of you watched that trailer? The sound is awful, and the quality of the video is so bad. Most of the time the person who filmed it, didn't even hold the camera straight and you just see 1/3 of the screen.

I stopped it on the 1:30 mark.

No no no I'm not going to watch it .... please ....

I know Les Mis almost by heart but sometimes I tend to mix up lyrics. Some examples include:

- Yes, there's a child and the child is my trouble!
- With a husband at home that you never can match!
- Death to each and every traitor, and God's blessing be with you!

OK, I watched it. Russell's voice was sooo funny ... but it wasn't bad indeed. It had the necessary strength.

But trailer was too short... maybe I'll see it in HD on the big screen in just a few hours time, who knows ...

Coffee Table Book

http://www.amazon.com/Miserables-St...&keywords=les+miserables+from+stage+to+screen

Les Miserables: From Stage to Screen [Hardcover]
Benedict Nightingale (Author), Martyn Palmer (Author)
List Price: $45.00
Price: $28.84 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $16.16 (36%)
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.

This title has not yet been released.
You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Book Description
Publication Date: April 16, 2013
(Applause Books). It has been 150 years since Victor Hugo's novel Les Miserables was first published. However, for the last 25 or so, the poignant saga of Jean Valjean, a villain to some but a savior to others, set in France during the early years of the 19th century, has become one of the world's most popular musicals and is about to become one of the must-see movies of 2013. In Les Miserables: From Stage to Screen , the reader can find out how the musical came to life the trials and tribulations of turning it from the initial concept into a thrilling musical extravaganza and how the new film version starring Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe and directed by the Oscar-winning Tom Hooper ( The King's Speech ) has emerged from the show that has been seen by over 55 million people worldwide. To bring this fascinating story to life, the book also contains at least 15 facsimiles that highlight key moments in the creation of Les Miserables , both on stage and on the screen, including: * Original costume sketches * Annotated scripts * Original music scores and librettos * Film screenplay extracts and anniversary mementos

Perfect. Joining my collection.

New TV spot

[YT]PD8OWbrMi1E&feature[/YT]

The Production Design is just amazing.

a7ae06a49522e4c6.png

79a202abb02b3445.png

^Agreed, the look of the movie is spectacular.

2lsxvl.png

Agreed, too, it almost makes me cry... we heard a little bit of "Izzie". But little Cossette didn't go for "la-la-la" in the musical, did she? And what's that scene where little Cossette is looking through the veil that has a cross on it?

Anyway, I'm becoming tired or Hathaway's IDAD that is most prominently featured in every trailer and clip. It's only 5/152 of the movie :argh:

I don't catch what is whispered at the end of the TV spot? Something about someone being safe? (I hate dialogue, too)

Last edited:
Has anybody seen the Fantine poster available for purchase on any websites yet?

Agreed, too, it almost makes me cry... we heard a little bit of "Izzie". But little Cossette didn't go for "la-la-la" in the musical, did she? And what's that scene where little Cossette is looking through the veil that has a cross on it?

Anyway, I'm becoming tired or Hathaway's IDAD that is most prominently featured in every trailer and clip. It's only 5/152 of the movie :argh:

I don't catch what is whispered at the end of the TV spot? Something about someone being safe? (I hate dialogue, too)

"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe," Valjean, to little Cosette, presumably. Makes total sense for the movie to have dialogue as well.

Cosette sings Castle on Cloud like that after she meets Valjean, they both sing it as they're 'talking' after they meet. They did it after leaving the Thernardiers too, but that's been changed in later versions of the stage version.

Valjean and Cosette hide in a convent after leaving the Thernardiers. That's what that shot of Cosette is from.

I'm ready to hear another song too. But this is the most recognizable one, and this is the first TV spot.

The shot of little Cosette through the veil might also be from when Fantine is dying and hallucinating that Cosette is nearby, during "Come to Me".

The shot of little Cosette through the veil might also be from when Fantine is dying and hallucinating that Cosette is nearby, during "Come to Me".

Could be that too. :up:

aah... too much dialogue! "One day more" all wrong ... it feels as if it isn't a musical at all! But I'm still impressed... love Seyfried.

How can you say that where we see people singing the majority of the trailer? :huh:

Yes, but 80 % of the movie people singing and 20 % of talking doesn't mean "sung-through musical" any more. And being sung-through was the strength of Les Mis, it always have been, the only thing that made even those love it who otherwise hated musicals....

Overreaction Express. Ticket for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"