The Dark Knight Rises Life after Nolan: What comes next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone mentioned the prospect of Nolan loosely adapting The Dark Knight Returns and distinguishing from the others by naming it The Return of the Dark Knight or The Dark Knight Strikes?

I don't see this film prospect as a dreamy-eyed fanboy (or girl) wish.... Heath Ledger's untimely death left A LOT of unresolved conflict between Batman and the Joker -- e.g., when the Joker tells Bats, "I think we'll do this forever."

The most logical step would be to 1) excise Superman and 2) make the Joker a bigger part of the story. And if Nolan foresees this possibility... maybe he'll leave the myth that Batman perpetrated Harvey Dent's murders for that film?

Christian Bale would need to appear older, and Nolan would obviously need a new actor to play the Joker, who rises from catatonia when he sees that Batman has similarly risen to take Gotham back from the freaks and criminals? Oh, and Alfred would be out of the picture, and we could see a female Robin. :) :) :)

What does everyone think? :2face:

While I'm all game for a DK:R live-action film, I just don't see Nolan or this current cast doing it. Besides, Nolan has already tackled many of the themes from that book. DK:R, if indeed made (perhaps with Clint Eastwood!) should be a direct adaptation on its own.

Before DKR or beyond or any of that kind of thing I'd like to see an approach to batman movies that embraces the more fantastical elements of the batman mythos.

Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Clayface, Robin. It would be a breath of fresh air after all the restrictions of "plausibility"

However before this I think we should wait before starting a new series to allow the Nolan films to disappear from the public consciousness (say more than 4 years). This will never happen of course because WB want to milk this cow until its run dry (and why wouldn't they? Its made them over a billion).

I really hope that we could get one or two more films from the creative team/cast in place. Even if Chris Nolan stepped aside and produced it and Jonah Nolan directed the next two features....or trilogy.

While Chris is the superior filmmaker, it's obvious that Jonah is the real comic geek and has the more "American" sensibilities, and I think he'd be chomping at the bit to get behind the camera on one of these, with Chris' blessing. I feel like if we got a trilogy from him with Bale, Oldman, Caine, Freeman, and Hathaway it would be amazing. (Plus Wally Pfister as the cinematographer).

Chris Nolan's trilogy would be the Rise of Batman.

Jonah Nolan's trilogy would be the Rise of the Freaks.

We could see the mob element turned freak. Introduce Ventriloquist, Black Mask, and Penguin.

Villains like Deadshot, Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange, Hush, Calendar Man, or the Riddler would be amazing to see with this world's sensibilities and rules. We could have a continued romance with Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Bruce Wayne/Batman.

We could give the story of Robin justice with a proper introduction to Dick Grayson, and have him evolve from a kid who Batman doesn't want as a side kick into a soldier by Bruce's side in Batman's never ending war on crime.

It could be epic. There are so many stories that could be told. And if done right, Bale could play the role until he's 44-45, convincingly. I doubt he would, without Chris, but if it were still A Nolan behind the camera, and Chris were involved, who knows?

Batman should be a saga...

-R
Jonah hasnt even directed a home video yet and you want to give him a Batman trilogy?

Who wants to bet WB hires goyer to write more batman movies after this?

The best part is that when the Nolan Bros leave, Goyer will regain a full time position as Batman writer as opposed to just having a story credit. I can't wait to see you guys reactions when that happens:hehe:

While I'm all game for a DK:R live-action film, I just don't see Nolan or this current cast doing it. Besides, Nolan has already tackled many of the themes from that book. DKR, if indeed made (perhaps with Clint Eastwood!) should be a direct adaptation on its own.

I just saw the Expandables recently and damn if Stallone would not be the perfect DKR Batman for a singular adaptation of the gn. Some people don't like Stallone but he feels so Frank Miller-esque. I couldn't imagine anyone better for a straight adaptation. However, as it's been suggested so many times before, it would be cool if Nolan and Bale returned to the world a decade down the line for a DKR film. But that would definitely not be a strict adaptation, it would probably have a loose basis using the main ideas.

Just like batman in DK:R, stallone gets larger and more distorted with age.

I feel like Mickey Rourke is perfect for a Dark Knight Returns adaptation. Maybe directed by Robert Rodriguez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"