The Dark Knight Rises Life after Nolan: What comes next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably been said a ton of times before but...I don't see a problem with Warner Bros. renewing another contract with Christopher Nolan for another film or two. They might as well continue with Nolan. add to the good that has been created and not over saturate everything with new series, new actors, new renditions of another Batman universe. Continuing on Nolan's story with a new director which will potentially replace some of the actors is a bit lame and CAN be avoided.
There is no problem whatsoever with money at least...Warner Bros. will continue to make alot of money with Nolan. Why not make another contract with Nolan? I believe his series deserves a 4th film...it's too good. But I am grateful for a 3rd, if they make their final complete official statement in 2013 that Christopher Nolan is TRUELY done.

Give it to Dominic Sena, he's a trusted WB gun, him or James McTeague will be great for forming good action scenes, styled with blood, let's see if these two get the job together...

The reason why I'd like to see a Batman Beyond series of movies is because I'd like to see them try something different.

I really dug the Batman Beyond concept and while I really liked the series I felt like it didn't capitalize enough on the concept.

I think a live action remake of the pilot Rebirth, only extended to fit two hours and have deeper development, would make a great movie.

That and to reiterate, I'd like to see Clint Eastwood play Old Man Bruce Wayne before he gets too old to act in movies.

a Batman tv series would be awesome but only if it's on networks such as HBO, Showtime, or AMC mainly because it would get the proper budget and treatment it deserves. i just do not see it working on networks such as CW, NBC, etc. because of those reasons. it would be like a "darker" version of Smallville. the stories and budget would be almost campy like.

I really hope they decide to do sequels to Nolan's trilogy with the same actors but new directors. We don't need a reboot, there is still a lot of good story to be told. I mean they're def not gonna stop making Batman movies for very long, I would much prefer direct sequels, with slightly different styles, kind of like Harry Potter.

I really hope that we could get one or two more films from the creative team/cast in place. Even if Chris Nolan stepped aside and produced it and Jonah Nolan directed the next two features....or trilogy.

While Chris is the superior filmmaker, it's obvious that Jonah is the real comic geek and has the more "American" sensibilities, and I think he'd be chomping at the bit to get behind the camera on one of these, with Chris' blessing. I feel like if we got a trilogy from him with Bale, Oldman, Caine, Freeman, and Hathaway it would be amazing. (Plus Wally Pfister as the cinematographer).

Chris Nolan's trilogy would be the Rise of Batman.

Jonah Nolan's trilogy would be the Rise of the Freaks.

We could see the mob element turned freak. Introduce Ventriloquist, Black Mask, and Penguin.

Villains like Deadshot, Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange, Hush, Calendar Man, or the Riddler would be amazing to see with this world's sensibilities and rules. We could have a continued romance with Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Bruce Wayne/Batman.

We could give the story of Robin justice with a proper introduction to Dick Grayson, and have him evolve from a kid who Batman doesn't want as a side kick into a soldier by Bruce's side in Batman's never ending war on crime.

It could be epic. There are so many stories that could be told. And if done right, Bale could play the role until he's 44-45, convincingly. I doubt he would, without Chris, but if it were still A Nolan behind the camera, and Chris were involved, who knows?

Batman should be a saga...

-R

It would be interesting to see what David Lynch can do with a Batman film, it could be very mysterious, surrealistic and really showcase Batman's detective side a lot more.

I know, it's a weird choice that's kind of right up Tim Burton's alley.

Lynch would be even worse than Burton. The latter gave us a Batman film where the script was an afterthough, the former would give us a Batfilm with a literally unfinished script. F**k no.

a Batman tv series would be awesome but only if it's on networks such as HBO, Showtime, or AMC mainly because it would get the proper budget and treatment it deserves. i just do not see it working on networks such as CW, NBC, etc. because of those reasons. it would be like a "darker" version of Smallville. the stories and budget would be almost campy like.

That's pretty much why it will never happen.

Do you guys suggesting a Batman show for HBO, etc realize what their viewership is? For HBO, 7 million viewers for a show is considered a huge hit (such as True Blood). AMC's highest rated show Mad Men averages about 3 million viewers if not less. WB will never limit Batman's viewership to such small numbers. I don't imagine a Batman live action show happening in the foreseeable future, but if it did it will be on a channel like NBC where it can reach nothing less than 20 million viewers.

That's pretty much why it will never happen.

Do you guys suggesting a Batman show for HBO, etc realize what their viewership is? For HBO, 7 million viewers for a show is considered a huge hit (such as True Blood). AMC's highest rated show Mad Men averages about 3 million viewers if not less. WB will never limit Batman's viewership to such small numbers. I don't imagine a Batman live action show happening in the foreseeable future, but if it did it will be on a channel like NBC where it can reach nothing less than 20 million viewers.

I wouldn't want a Batman tv show if it isn't on HBO. I hope a great director, if not Nolan, comes back to adapt The Dark Knight Returns. It would be pretty awesome if it was Nolan and his cast and crew though.

I wouldn't want a Batman tv show if it isn't on HBO. I hope a great director, if not Nolan, comes back to adapt The Dark Knight Returns. It would be pretty awesome if it was Nolan and his cast and crew though.

I'd love to see DKR adapted. But it's far too early for Nolan and Bale to do it. Only if they returned to the series 15 years later.

Also, why are most of the threads closed?

There's a new system just implemented that locks and reboots every thread that reaches 1k posts.

Lets narrow this discussion down to the main character, ie, who could play Batman? It would have to be someone relatively young, under 40 say, someone who can convey intensity through the mask without going over the top. I'm thinking Ben Foster and/or
Adrien Brody. Before you go ape***** about the ladder, watch him in predators.

Lets narrow this discussion down to the main character, ie, who could play Batman? It would have to be someone relatively young, under 40 say, someone who can convey intensity through the mask without going over the top. I'm thinking Ben Foster and/or
Adrien Brody. Before you go ape***** about the ladder, watch him in predators.

What if Nolan ends up being the mentor for the Batman franchise as it continues, much like he's doing with Superman?

Who wants to bet WB hires goyer to write more batman movies after this?

Has anyone mentioned the prospect of Nolan loosely adapting The Dark Knight Returns and distinguishing from the others by naming it The Return of the Dark Knight or The Dark Knight Strikes?

I don't see this film prospect as a dreamy-eyed fanboy (or girl) wish.... Heath Ledger's untimely death left A LOT of unresolved conflict between Batman and the Joker -- e.g., when the Joker tells Bats, "I think we'll do this forever."

The most logical step would be to 1) excise Superman and 2) make the Joker a bigger part of the story. And if Nolan foresees this possibility... maybe he'll leave the myth that Batman perpetrated Harvey Dent's murders for that film?

Christian Bale would need to appear older, and Nolan would obviously need a new actor to play the Joker, who rises from catatonia when he sees that Batman has similarly risen to take Gotham back from the freaks and criminals? Oh, and Alfred would be out of the picture, and we could see a female Robin. :) :) :)

What does everyone think? :2face:

I think after TDKR we have to wait at least 10years before there would be another Batman film.Maybe they make Batman films like the animated serie 'Batman Beyond' in 3D.Because i really think they will want to make a 3D batman movie.

I hope they don't continue on with another Batman story with different actors...mainly because I'm afraid it'll be just like all the other new superhero movies...over polished, same story, same formula. Sign Nolan on again! Another contract! for just one or two films. More money, more good movies...no gigantic disappointments. Worldwide fan acclaim. Keep it goin or don't do it for like another 10 years.

Maybe they could go with a Silver Age Batman again? One with clothe costumes and over-the-top hijinks, with some of the villains that Nolan didn't want to tackle.

But what I would personally like to see is another trilogy (hey you said what I'd want) of Batman films set in an era after these 'Year One' stories. Perhaps with Dick's evolution from Robin to Nightwing taking place, with the backdrop of the Killing Joke, A Death in the Family, and finally No Man's Land thrown in there somewhere. It would have to be stylistically different though. I think the best thing about these films by Nolan is that it basically creates the origin of the Batman mythos and leaves room for future talents to build on that myth/legacy. It doesn't need to be a continuation of this series though, and I think that's the beauty of it all.

This 'second' trilogy could then lead into a 'third' trilogy set in Batman's final years. And yes, I fully expect a scene-by-scene adaptation of DARK KNIGHT RETURNS some time in the future, maybe with Zack Snyder in the helm. Though I'm not sure it's really necessary because a bulk of the themes and ideas of DK:R were incorporated brilliantly (if not improved upon) by Nolan.

I think Nolan and his team should stop the Bat-films after the third, and go out as LEGENDS. A trilogy is a solid, bold statement.

Beyond is awesome but i agree with you that i'd rather have some movies about Bruce first. Beyond is mostly about him, so i'd rather they ve set things up first before they show him as an old man.

I'm not big fan of old Bruce but loved ROTJ movie though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"