Hype! User Name: NamesAreUseless

Desired character:
Napoleon Dynamite

Is your character a 'good-guy' or a 'bad-guy?'
Good-guy

Movie(s) that that character has appeared in:
Napoleon Dynamite … (duh!)

Release date(s) of film(s):

Which of the following, if any, describes your character?

[FONT=&quot]Average-Joe: [/FONT]Your character is a normal person who has access to extraordinary items.

[FONT=&quot]Other: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]He’s quite a … unique guy. He’s probably SO unique that he wouldn’t fit into just your Average Joe. In fact, I would say he’s got a bit of everything! Superhuman dance moves, an Extra-Terrestrial-like presence, “Pedro for World President” schemes, an expert orange slinger, and nun-chuck and bows-staff action!

[/FONT]
Genre of film that your character stars in: Comedy (of the Independent Film variety)

Brief history of the character in their films up to the start of the RPG:
What is their to say? He’s … Napoleon Dynamite! He’s that guy at high school (Preston High in Preston, Idaho to be exact) that no one understands. He likes thrift stores, the FFA, tatter tots, fanny packs, “Happy Hands”, chapstick, ninjas, nun-chucks, bowstaffs, medieval warrior wigs, ligers, unicorns, drawing, and doing “sweet moves” (whatever those are). He hates Rex-Kwon-Doe (what a ripoff!), Don (school jerk), Uncle Pedro (at-home jerk), only making a dollar an hour (work jerks!), and P.E. (but who doesn't?).

He’s got a Mexican sidekick (Pedro) and a girl with an 80’s sideways ponytail (Deb) for friends. Well, I think she has a crush on Napoleon … its kinda hard to say WHAT those two have going. I guess you could say he’s made quittances with the little kids on the Elementary School bus, and a love-hate relationship with a llama named Tina (or maybe just hate).

He lives with his grandmother, along with his older brother Kip. Well, that guy got married to an African American named Lawfanduh (with the help of the world-wide-web and chatrooms). So I guess its just Napoleon and granny now. Uncle Rico babysat the brothers when their grandmother was sent to the hospital because she broke her whatchamacallit. That guy can be a real *****e.

What font face and color do you plan on using for your character's speech:
[FONT=&quot]Palatino Lipotype, Red[/FONT]

Please write, in character, a two-paragraph (No more, no less) sample post. Please ensure that your post is in character, contains dialogue, and conforms to standard guidelines of the English language:
((This post is inspired by the short film, Peluca, which is what Napoleon Dynamite is highly adapted from))
It was another day, another weekend. Well, his brother Kip just got married to a black chick, and Napoleon got to ride a wild stallion (bare-back might I add) with Deb … but that’s not the point! Anyways, Napoleon and Pedro were off to one of their favorite spots: the local quickie mart!

The two glanced through the store, and Napoleon caught sight immediately to the Lottery tickets. He searched through and found one with an interesting prize. It was a special mystery ticket, with a prize of just about anything. [FONT=&quot]"Sweet!"[/FONT] He called over to his friend with excitement. [FONT=&quot]"Check it out Pedro, this looks frickin’ awesome!"[/FONT] The Mexican walked briskly over and looked down at it. "Yeah, that looks pretty cool I guess."

Dynamite walked up to the cashier with the ticket in hand. [FONT=&quot]"Yeah, I’m just gonna buy me this here Lotto ticket …" "I ain't selling to a minor son," The guy at the front said with a stern voice. "Hang on a minute." He went over to Pedro with the Lottery piece, who [/FONT]was staring at the soft drinks. "Dude, you think you could spot me?" His pal glanced at the object again. "Sure."

Pedro stepped over to the counter with the item in-hand. "One ticket please." The cashier eyed the buyer over, doubting he was of proper age. When he caught sight to Pedro's mustache, he shook his head. [FONT=&quot]"Alright." Preston High's School President paid the man with cash and walked out, with Napoleon right behind him.

As they exited, Dynamite reached over for the scratch-off. "Thanks." He began to rub the pad with a quarter. Once all was said and done, he couldn't believe. "Yes! Yes, yes yes!" Napoleon began to hyperventilate, jumping up and down wildly. "What'd you win?" asked Pedro in his usual monotone. "Dude, its an all-expense paid trip to Hollywood for two!" The Mexican put a large grin on his face.
[/FONT]

Are there any attached NPC's that you will require for your character?
Pedro

How many times per day do you plan on posting in character?:
Hopefully just as much as my characters in the “Get Violent” Video Game RPG (which is pretty often).

What, if anything, can you bring to this RPG?
I can bring Napoleon Dynamite and Pedro *shot*. Ok, I can bring a black sheep amongst the flock (a.k.a. a loser among movie legends). I’ve also watched this movie way too many times to count, so I know this character inside and out.

Do you know how to post pictures on the boards?
Of course, gosh!

napoleon_dynamite.jpg

Approved.

Maybe this thing can get back up and running again.
That's probably the quickest approval I've had yet! :wow:

I probably won't do my first Napoleon post for awhile. I still need to read up on all that is going on in the IC.

As for getting this RPG back up and running ... Well Idunno. Just give it some time.

Ok, well, I'd kinda like to play a character from a David Lynch film. Thinkin' of Henry Spencer in Eraserhead.

I got sick over the summer and, unfortunately, so did the game. I recovered. It didnt.

I might still join. I've just got to find a character that'll get me motivated enough to actually post...

*Adam West* AHH! ZOMBIE!

The rp has risen once again. Interesting.

So, is this RPG dead? If so, that's a shame, because I had an idea for a character...

NoCountryForOldMen3.jpg

I suppose it's dead, but I think it could be resuscitated if people actually posted.

Hmm. The Shadow is quite tempting, as is James Bond...

Dammit, Murdock. I was trying to cut down. You win this round. :cmad:

No, some idiot applied and was accepted for Robin Hood. He's aslo thinking about Elliot Ness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"