Lights, Camera, Action! The Movie RPG [OOC]

Well, the Terminator is beginning his warpath. Of course, he doesn't realize that his mission is meaningless - the merging of the universes has changed the future anyway, and Judgement Day (presumably) will never happen in the first place. But anyway, he's got 5 John Connor's left until his mission is complete, so if any of you little "heroes" feel up to the challenge of trying to stop him - go right ahead. :yay:

Sorry to do this, guys, but this RPG is failing, and we all know it. But in any case, I feel that I should formally drop out.

Besides, we're in talks for a Marvel: New Age RPG, and frankly...I'd rather devote attention to that.

Sowwy. :csad:

This is one of those things I plan on copying and pasting in every game I'm in, so that's why this messsage'll seem strangely familiar.

You guys may or may not have read this from the Lounge thread, but seeing as how it won't really do any harm if you know, I might as well tell you myself.

Over the summer, I became very, very, ill. My lungs were filled with fluid, and the doctors attempted to give me about 11 different kinds of treatment.

At this point, there are very few treatment options left, since the doctors are really just stabbing in the dark diagnostically speaking, and as such, they've given me a prognosis of 6-7 months left to live; unless they can figure out what the hell I have and treat me.

I really don't know what else to say, I'd like to keep playing, but everything seems to have come to a standstill as far as posting goes. I don't like dropping out of games. I've only done it once before, but at this point I don't see many other options. I plan on staying in two, maybe three, games, and devoting my attention to them. This is one of those games.

I may not post much in character, but I will be here for administrative duties as much as possible.

If anyone has any issues, feel free to talk to kaboom.

Thanks, guys, and I hope you can understand.

As I said over on the Ultimate Marvel RP I'm truly really damn sorry SSF, I can't imagine how hard it must be.

I plan to post an App later today if that is alright with everybody.

Hype! User Name: NowufaceDoom

Desired character:
Snake Plissken

Is your character a 'good-guy' or a 'bad-guy?':
Likes to think hes a bad guy, but hes got a heart of gold deep down. Lets say he walks the line.

Movie(s) that that character has appeared in:
Escape From New York (There was no sequel... honest)

Release date(s) of film(s):

Which of the following, if any, describes your character?

Action star:
Your character is a whip-wielding, car-chasing, building-destroying action hero, complete with his trusty pistol and leather fedora.

Genre of film that your character stars in: Action/Sci-Fi

Brief history of the character in their films up to the start of the RPG:
After Escaping New York along with the President, Snake headed for the the plane awaiting him, destroying a very important tape of the Presidents in one of the most Anarchic and Cynical endings in movie history

What font face and color do you plan on using for your character's speech: Century Gothic Black

Please write, in character, a two-paragraph (No more, no less) sample post. Please ensure that your post is in character, contains dialogue, and conforms to standard guidelines of the English language:

"We'd make one hell of a team Snake.'

I didn't need to look at him, the guy wasn't worth *****. Didn't feel like wasting my one good eye on an officer of a country I don't believe in no more. Still his words were like a serpents, like the snake that tempted Eve.

I was the Snake this time. He didn't deserve to call me by the name given to me by dead friends. Friends who died for their country and received jack ***** in return.

"The names Plissken..."

I walked away, I would've liked to have seen the look on his face but like i said: He ain't worth the effort it'd take to move my good eye.

I carried on walking. I took the tape from my pocket as I heard Cabbie's music playin from the president's conference. I destroyed it and along with it the so called peace it would apparently bring.

One final thought swirled through my mind as I entered the small plane prepped for me.

"God bless America"

(Sorry I went over the 2 paragraphs a tad)

Are there any attached NPC's that you will require for your character?
nope

How many times per day do you plan on posting in character?:
As much as I can

What, if anything, can you bring to this RPG?
Eye-Patches, theres a distinct lack of them so far.

Do you know how to post pictures on the boards?
Hells yeah.

snakeplissken.jpg

This is one of those things I plan on copying and pasting in every game I'm in, so that's why this messsage'll seem strangely familiar.

You guys may or may not have read this from the Lounge thread, but seeing as how it won't really do any harm if you know, I might as well tell you myself.

Over the summer, I became very, very, ill. My lungs were filled with fluid, and the doctors attempted to give me about 11 different kinds of treatment.

At this point, there are very few treatment options left, since the doctors are really just stabbing in the dark diagnostically speaking, and as such, they've given me a prognosis of 6-7 months left to live; unless they can figure out what the hell I have and treat me.

I really don't know what else to say, I'd like to keep playing, but everything seems to have come to a standstill as far as posting goes. I don't like dropping out of games. I've only done it once before, but at this point I don't see many other options. I plan on staying in two, maybe three, games, and devoting my attention to them. This is one of those games.

I may not post much in character, but I will be here for administrative duties as much as possible.

Dude... That sucks.:csad: :csad: :csad:

Preliminary Plissken Post Posted (Alliteration FTW) :yay:

Hate to do this but I've had less and less time to get on now and days. So I'm dropping out.
I will return someday.
So until that time I wish you all the best of luck. Hopefully this won't die.

Hate to do this but I've had less and less time to get on now and days. So I'm dropping out.
I will return someday.
So until that time I wish you all the best of luck. Hopefully this won't die.

Harsh, Sparrow was gearing up to being my favorite character in the RP. Sorry to see go man.

Harsh, Sparrow was gearing up to being my favorite character in the RP. Sorry to see go man.
Ya know what thanks for that.
I'll drop Harry.
But not Sparrow.
I know I know Harry is a badass. But I just can't think of anything for him.
But I have a story for Jack so I'll keep him.

I was gonna sign up as Plissken, but I'm all right with NowufaceDoom as playing him.

:csad: Oh my gosh dude.... I'm sorry to hear that.
I'll be praying for ya man.

But I'm sure they'll find out whats going on with yo.
My friend just got Sever Aplast Anemia and apparently only middle aged men that work in chemical plants get this and it's only like a one in one million thing.
And he got over it. So You'll pull through.

Sorry to hear that, buddy -- I'll keep ya in my thoughts and prayers.

I was gonna sign up as Plissken, but I'm all right with NowufaceDoom as playing him.

Sorry :ninja:

I'll try and do him justice.

Ya know what thanks for that.
I'll drop Harry.
But not Sparrow.
I know I know Harry is a badass. But I just can't think of anything for him.
But I have a story for Jack so I'll keep him.

Yay! :)

OK guys and gals, hate to do this, but I'm droppin out of this game. With substitute teaching now, as well as my other job, responsibilities, girlfriend, etc, I'm just so boggled down. It was fun, and I'm sure I'll see some of you over in the Marvel game.

I've been watching this RPG for a bit now, and it looks pretty awesome! :woot:

I may join in. As for my character: I'll either be eternally praised or forever condemned (and I have a feeling its the latter) ...

jon_heder.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"