Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

74814-negan-and-lucille.jpg

Probably just some random gang member who picks a fight with Logan

Lucille is apparently the bat. I found that out when I lost a trivia question on it.

Saw the trailer for the first time in theaters which was awesome. However, there was a 6-7 year old superhero fan kid sitting beside me and it hit me how unfair this movie is gonna be. Always wanted an R Wolverine movie, but somehow the fact that means kid fans can't see a Wolverine film somehow didn't register until tonight. It would be cool if Fox releases a PG-13 and R cut into theaters, even though know that's not possible. Plenty of kids still got into see Deadpool though...

Last edited:
there were kids at the deadpool screening I was at
and apparently ryan reynold's baby watched it with mom as well, specifically the scene where he has mashed potato eaten out of his butthole (her words, not mine).
Wolverine's probably a bit gory, but I doubt it's sexually explicit. It also has a kid starring in it, making it more relatable to them. So I personally don't see the problem, as long as there's parental consent.

Yeah, parents will be taking their kids to this. Plenty brought them to Deadpool.

Most have to take them regardless of the rating, and likely wouldn't have their kids just going to the movies by themselves. While I'm sure there will be parents who say no, alot will probably just think they have alread seen Wolverine films before so I don't think it will have much of an impact.

Also, the R rating would just make me more interested in the film if I was a kid. Growing up R rated films were always cool to talk about amongst class. The fact it's something kids are supposed to be too young for will just peak interest even more.

Last edited:
Even though the film will be rated-R, I doubt Mangold would want to make things gory or unnecessarily violent. There will be blood and f-bombs, but if the trailer is anything to go by (as well as some of Mangold's tweets), I believe the film will be more calculated in its depiction of violence and truly show Wolverine's combat potential as a brutal and efficient killer and not turn it into some gore-fest.

Besides, even if there are a small percentage of people who won't be able to view it, we should appreciate the fact that Fox and Mangold are trying to create something faithful and authentic rather than succumb to creating some creatively compromised, sanitized version of Wolverine. We've already had that twice.

This is gonna be violent, graphic and have impact haha.

There's pretty much a disclaimer about how the violence is gonna really hurt people in bad ways on the second page. Violence won't really turn parents away. Graphic sex on the screen is still what bothers parents the most and keeps the eyes covered.

Last edited:

There's pretty much a disclaimer about how the violence is gonna really hurt people in bad ways on the second page. Violence won't really turn parents away. Graphic sex on the screen is still what bothers parents the most and keeps the eyes covered.

That's how my parents were when I was younger. Grew up on Predator, T2, Aliens, Robocop and Commando. They were mostly worried about anything sexual I was exposed to.

That's how my parents were when I was younger. Grew up on Predator, T2, Aliens, Robocop and Commando. They were mostly worried about anything sexual I was exposed to.

Likewise, alot those films were marketed heavily to us growing up in the 80s and 90s even though they were R. I think Deadpool and Wolverine have the same appeal if not far more so nowadays. Been just a ton of cartoons, comics, merch, games and movies with them the past few decades. And now with Wolverine, BvS and Deadpool R rated violence with these characters at home.

Last edited:
I think the R-rating in this movie is more a case of them being able to do whatever they want. Not needing to hold back. :)

I realize that the word that I was looking for when I made the post was gratuitous. I do agree with that it'll be violent, graphic and impactful though, like the clip from the teaser showed.

Yeah, I'm not expecting anything Perter Jackson Dead Alive style where it's there for comedy and absurdity. But I do think organs being ripped out, people being mutilated, etc are very much on the table. I don't think it will be gore free at all.

We had hearts being ripped into and people being chopped to pieces with blood going everywhere in The Wolverine so I imagine things will be a bit more brutal then a claw through the head. Right now I don't think the trailer is any sign of the level of violence showing in the film. Like alot of the X-Force books, The Wolverine comics even with serious and dramatic tone are quite gory and horrific. It's all baked in.

The character has been tricky to show with action in a pg-13 going back to X2. Nows the last time to let lose, and only time without censorship.

Last edited:
I wonder if Mangold wanted this released in black and white?

Looks like Hugh is sporting the traditional wolverine hair in this pic. Makes me wonder if this scene will be a flash back

He looks the same as he does in the woods shot in the trailer

I don't see anything that looks like his traditional Wolverine hair.

Perhaps it's the tank top (?), or at least sleeveless top, that's throwing ppl off and giving that traditional Wolverine/flashback look

Same here, throw First Blood and Terminator 1 in there as well as a few others.

Awesome stuff. So much intrigues me about is movie.

Wait, are you me?

Sort of unrelated, but saw the trailer for this on the big screen when seeing Hacksaw Ridge. We see trailers for films online nowadays that I forget how different an experience it is watching it in the cinema.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"