Lost (new viewers)

For someone who doesn't really like Lost you certainly know your stuff. Are you going to continue watching it?

The Storm said:
For someone who doesn't really like Lost you certainly know your stuff. Are you going to continue watching it?
i said i would, it kills an hour of my time, and when you're living on your own, every hour counts:o

i missed a little of it yesterday, i missed the part where
sawyer is talking to kate, i presume he told her about jack, and i only saw a bit where sayheed (sp?) got logged, i don't know who hit him, but i'm going to guess and say it wasn't sawyer cause that would be obvious

Did you guys see the one where Boone dies yet?

Gamma, they are only on the 7th or so episode...could you please edit your post to mention that the spoiler is an end-of-the-season spoiler? I can just see some people reading your spoiler even though it's spoilerized, thinking that it's a spoiler about their latest episode, until it's too late.

Also, Odin, many of your concerns about this show are dealt with at one point or another. You will see. People crying, people worrying about loved ones, Charlie dealing with his addiction, etc etc. The writers are masters of the minute detail, and when it seems like you may have found a hole in their logic/storytelling...it's usually ends up just being a "just-wait-and-see" thing...they have it covered down the road.

Odin's Lapdog said:
sawyer is talking to kate, i presume he told her about jack, and i only saw a bit where sayheed (sp?) got logged, i don't know who hit him, but i'm going to guess and say it wasn't sawyer cause that would be obvious

I'm guessing its not him either because for the same reason.
Saheed (sp?) left Kate with Sawyer to go to his destination. Kate and Sawyer were talking, Sawyer was asking her what she saw in Jack and it seemed he was a little jealous of it. He said she'd have to find someone new being as Jack was dead and then she ran to the caves. Sawyer set off the signal that Kate was supposed to do, which is another reason why I don't think he hit Saheed.

Odin's Lapdog said:
i said i would, it kills an hour of my time, and when you're living on your own, every hour counts:o

It couldn't be him anyway besides being "obvious" because he was in another part of the forest to set off the flare

On another note, I love this show. I watch it on e4 to keep ahead but I hate those 2 idiots from the 118 118 adverts who sponser the show. Anyway, I think the way the story and characters are handled are pretty detailed, griping and convincing, the flash backs are pretty good and I like all the characters. That girl who has a brother is definately hot but she p1ses me off because she's such a ditzy cow. Thank God for this show because really and truelly, theres not much on tv thats good these days.

Agree with what you said there Jide. Its certainly a break from all the other shows (although I'm a huge DH fan). I really like the flashbacks, although I desperate to know what Kate did. IMO Kate is prettier than Shannon. I think women got a better deal, we have Jack, Sawyer, Boone and Charlie.

I can't wait til next week's show, I'm contemplating ordering the DVD box set from Amazon.

You do find out what Kate did later in the season Storm. Her and Jack both have 3 or 4 episodes that deal with their respective back stories, all 13 of the main characters get at least one episode for their back story, the bigger characters get more than one. There are a good deal of mysteries solved as the season progresses, however, a bunch of new mysteries are brought up too. Wow, it's really diffiicult talking about this show without giving anything away. Keep on watching though, it just gets better and better as the season progress.

Odin's Lapdog said:
the 'Korean' male i believe is called Jin

Hey, I've only seen three episodes, cut me some slack! :D

Seriously, does anyone know about Paul Dini's involvement on the show?

'Lost' is the greatest show invented since '24'. I'm from the UK, and I watched the episode premiere on Channel 4, but I couldnt wait anymore to watch more, so I downloaded all the episodes from tvtorrents.com. Find a torrent program, such as 'bit tornado', then get a torrent file of an episode, and you can thank me later. I watched the entire season in 6 days.

*For legal purposes, I do not promote the use of any torrents for downloading TV programs (even if we have the benifit of no adverts, amazing HD quality, and watching programs 2 months in advance than what we would have in the UK. All rights reserved. Copyright 2005 ;)

I would love to do something like that then at the same time I'm thinking well if I do I have no one to talk to about it. Its a tough decision but I'll probably just watch it on E4 and just do with the repeats on Sunday.

The Storm said:
I would love to do something like that then at the same time I'm thinking well if I do I have no one to talk to about it.

That's the only downer......You have all this knowlegde, yet you cant spoil it for anyone. I was on the London underground last week, and some people were talking about 'Lost' and their theories. It was driving me crazy - I just wanted to go over to them, get involved in the conversation, and just reveal all to them....But obviously I couldnt. But my friend has watched the season as well, so he keeps my insanity levels down.

I miss London, sorry off topic.

I have a theory already but its probably wrong.

Odin's Lapdog said:
they will drag it out as long as people are stil watching for a series or two, and then he will probably find out what she went to jail for, and it may be some twist that someone on the island killed jack's father or something equally predictable like that

and consider this

if that drug addict guy found it so easy to give up just after a day and a half, why do other druggies have to put themselves in clinics for months and months on end, it's totally bogus. surely you can see where i'm coming from on the whole realism part of things

Wait until the end of the season:o

Obsidian said:
Wait until the end of the season:o

Well said...People - AKA: Odin's Lapdog, need to stop jumping to conclusions. The writers arent dumb.....
You've been pretty much wrong in all your theories....so much for being predictable.

The Storm said:
I'm guessing its not him either because for the same reason.
Saheed (sp?) left Kate with Sawyer to go to his destination. Kate and Sawyer were talking, Sawyer was asking her what she saw in Jack and it seemed he was a little jealous of it. He said she'd have to find someone new being as Jack was dead and then she ran to the caves. Sawyer set off the signal that Kate was supposed to do, which is another reason why I don't think he hit Saheed.
interesting...

spider-jide said:
On another note, I love this show. I watch it on e4 to keep ahead but I hate those 2 idiots from the 118 118 adverts who sponser the show. Anyway, I think the way the story and characters are handled are pretty detailed, griping and convincing, the flash backs are pretty good and I like all the characters. That girl who has a brother is definately hot but she p1ses me off because she's such a ditzy cow. Thank God for this show because really and truelly, theres not much on tv thats good these days.
those 118 guys are pretty cool actually, especially when one of them shouts out 'racheal', always reminds me of batman begins...:o

I'm sorry but i'm just not clicking to these characters, there's no emotional attachment to them,
if jack would have died in that cave, i would have been no big deal

heck, we've all read lord of the flies right, although it deals with children on an island as appose to adults, i expect a similar situation to inevitably break out once hope kinda expires on the island, yet i doubt that's going to happen....

also the burning of corpses on a beach would smell horrific for a few days, especially corpses that have been left to rot on a beach for a while, having everyone standing round while the fuselage going up in smoke with the smell of kerosine and rotting flesh in the air would not be a pleasant occassion, yet everyone is happy to do so.

^^^^

it's this kinda knit picking that really doesn't do it for me. yeah sure, there can be disbelief and all, but when a show's foundation is based on the seriousness of the situation, simple things like such shouldn't be overlooked.

other thinks such as the lady's legs not getting hairier or the fact that after eiht days most of the men still don't need a shave, or that no one smells, or no one has really brushed their teeth is also pulls on my strings. also small things like people wearing clothes that don't fit them, or having different clothes for different climates (as passengers may have been on a transit flight etc).

and if that large castaway (whose name escapes me at this present time, doesn't start to lose some seriouis weight over the next couple of weeks (island time), i'm gonna be pissed:mad:

*rant to be continued on later date, most likely next thursday after wednesday's e4 show*

Odin's Lapdog said:
those 118 guys are pretty cool actually, especially when one of them shouts out 'racheal', always reminds me of batman begins...:o

I'm sorry but i'm just not clicking to these characters, there's no emotional attachment to them,
if jack would have died in that cave, i would have been no big deal

heck, we've all read lord of the flies right, although it deals with children on an island as appose to adults, i expect a similar situation to inevitably break out once hope kinda expires on the island, yet i doubt that's going to happen....

also the burning of corpses on a beach would smell horrific for a few days, especially corpses that have been left to rot on a beach for a while, having everyone standing round while the fuselage going up in smoke with the smell of kerosine and rotting flesh in the air would not be a pleasant occassion, yet everyone is happy to do so.

^^^^

it's this kinda knit picking that really doesn't do it for me. yeah sure, there can be disbelief and all, but when a show's foundation is based on the seriousness of the situation, simple things like such shouldn't be overlooked.

other thinks such as the lady's legs not getting hairier or the fact that after eiht days most of the men still don't need a shave, or that no one smells, or no one has really brushed their teeth is also pulls on my strings. also small things like people wearing clothes that don't fit them, or having different clothes for different climates (as passengers may have been on a transit flight etc).

and if that large castaway (whose name escapes me at this present time, doesn't start to lose some seriouis weight over the next couple of weeks (island time), i'm gonna be pissed:mad:

*rant to be continued on later date, most likely next thursday after wednesday's e4 show*

I don´t care about any of that stuff cuz in a show like that, you just have to suspend disbelief a lot... I enjoy 24 aware that there´s no way all these things could happen in the same day and every terrorist attack involves LA and it´s always up to Jack Bauer to save the day, I enjoy Alias aware that nobody speaks as many languages as Sidney does and women that size don´t beat the crap out of well-trained 200 pound six feet guys and no way she would always have to disguise in sexy leather outfits...

Connecting to the character is a subjective thing... I think Hurley is funny, I sympathize with Jack, Charlie and Sayd, I´m intrigued by Kate and Locke, I find Sawyer repulsive - which is what he´s supposed to be. The only character I really can´t stand is Maggie.

Here are the theories for the island mystery I REALLY hope don´t turn out true...

- They´re dead and in purgatory

- They´re trapped in a government secret experiment

- They´re trapped in an alien ship

- They´re in a Matrix-like virtual reality simulation

Vincent the dog's flashback episode is a must see.

At one point it's just dog butt sniffing for 4 and a half minutes.

Odin's Lapdog said:
i haven't made any theories:confused:

Look in this thread - Post No.18 - Date: 09-08-2005 - Time:10:56 AM. You made some then :)

Anways man, just keep on watching. You wont be dissapointed. TRUST ME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"