Lounge of Themyscira

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game looked pretty solid:

Like Assassin's Creed IV, but with Krakens. And no sections where you play as a video game tester.

I ****ed up the YouTube link in my first try, and now I can't go back and fix it in the previous thread. This will haunt me.

oh yay more wonder woman :o

Here's a picture from Toronto..

Canada is hiding something.

DCMQrk2XsAAsRok.jpg:large

Could have gone with It Lounges At Night.

Like Assassin's Creed IV, but with Krakens. And no sections where you play as a video game tester.

I could dig it. Black Flag was my favorite AC game.

Basically the Black Sails game I've wanted with 200% less animus

we dont need no water let the mother ****er burn

Missed this in the last thread, but I prefer Temple of Doom to Last Crusade. It's raggedy, and annoying at times, but the action is top-notch, it's shot amazingly well, and it's a little unhinged.

Last Crusade isn't just a safe sitcom of a movie, it's also one of Spielberg's least pretty films. And not just because of bad compositing in certain scenes (the plane, specifically) but the whole film seems sorta flat and washed out.

Crusade also takes Sallah and Brody and turns them into clowns, which kinda sucks.

Temple of Doom has Willie Scott, and yeah, maybe that's annoying to some (I like her more than bland Elsa). Short Round is there for kid appeal. But I'd rather have the mind-melting action, the legitimate sense of stakes, the darker sense of humor and the much better cinematography that goes along with those annoyances than the relatively safe and not visually appealing sitcom that was Last Crusade.

Last Crusade's best 10 minutes are its first 10 minutes. It spends the rest of the movie with its feet up, telling jokes about itself until it ends. And I still love Last Crusade for what it is, warts and all, but it's coasting entirely on charm.

Detractors can bag on Temple of Doom all they want, but at the very least it had the balls to be something radically different from its predecessor, something sorely lacking in the pervasive "more of the same" school of thought regarding movie franchises.

Last edited:
Well that was weird... i was logged out. :huh:

I love the whole trilogy. Crusade is my favourite as a triumphant end to one of the best ever film trilogies. Raiders is pretty much equal to it and Temple slightly behind. Temple does have some unique things going for it that the other 2 don't though.

As good as it is, Last Crusade is pretty clearly Raiders Lite. It has almost none of the first film's edge, and some of the broad comedy undermines the suspense. Instead of being the badass anti-hero of archaeology, Indy has fully converted into cinematic hero mode. Doesn't mean the ride isn't fun, but I'll take a morally ambiguous, flawed human being over a wise-cracking superman dragging along a coterie of sidekicks (even if one of them's Sean Connery).

A lot of people put Crusade above Doom but I feel that's mostly because they want the same thing out of an Indiana Jones film. Crusade is a little too much "Raiders 2.0" for me. I like how Doom changed things up.

I would argue that Spielberg's pure directing in Temple of Doom actually surpasses Raiders in some ways. Of course Raiders is the superior movie, but when I watch Temple of Doom, the set ups, the direction, the craftsmanship, I put it up there with Jaws in terms of quality of direction. I know that sounds nuts. But Raiders was shot quickly and benefited from that. Spielberg didn't mail Temple in, he appears to have savored directing it.

Last edited:
And a man had his heart pulled out and set aflame in Temple of Doom.

Also, the only good pirates movie is the first one. The sequels are bloated and overlong, with the only redeemable quality being some of the vfx work (particular Davy Jones) and the action scenes.

Crystal Skull is better than any Pirates sequel. Believe it.

Hype for Black Panther (loved the teaser, don't mind the poster) and footage of the new Spider-Man game are why I cut my break short.
Well that was weird... i was logged out. :huh:
Keep the remember me box ticked. If you did and it logged you out, then there's a glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"