Luke Cage Luke Cage General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah boy!!! That's was great.

Loved the trailer, but I have a question. At the :32 second mark their is a wall mural of a kid promoting the Black Panther Party. I do not know the origins of the Black Panther as well as some, but it is my understanding that the 2 things do not relate to one another. Does anyone think that Marvel will try to make some connection in their Marvel Cinematic Universe. Perhaps suggesting the party used the name of the Black Panther King T'Chaka because he was looked at as a fierce warrior in his day and he was a person who was well respected. Not sure it is a good idea to do so, but saw the mural and thought about it, so wanted to see what others thought about the subject.

Surfer

Love the trailer. Now I'm officially done with seeing previews for this show. I don't want to be spoiled by anything else.

Love that almost everything he wears has some yellow highlight.

Great. Got a glimpse of the Seagate super soldier experiment program. Cage being a man of the people and looking out for folks in the neighbourhood.

Looks like luke may come out of the shadows and be well known by the end of the show. It will be interesting to see how certain characters being local celebrities comes into play with the defenders. Daredevil may be the only one that has a secret identity.

Sweet Christmas! Now that was a fine trailer. Marvel and Netflix just click...love it!

Anyone know the exact song from the trailer?

Great. Got a glimpse of the Seagate super soldier experiment program. Cage being a man of the people and looking out for folks in the neighbourhood.

Looks like luke may come out of the shadows and be well known by the end of the show. It will be interesting to see how certain characters being local celebrities comes into play with the defenders. Daredevil may be the only one that has a secret identity.

Do you think they'll keep the Seagate experiment close to the comics with Rackham disrupting the experiment? From the sound of the trailer, Luke made it seem like the whole experiment was against his will.

Loved the trailer, but I have a question. At the :32 second mark their is a wall mural of a kid promoting the Black Panther Party. I do not know the origins of the Black Panther as well as some, but it is my understanding that the 2 things do not relate to one another. Does anyone think that Marvel will try to make some connection in their Marvel Cinematic Universe. Perhaps suggesting the party used the name of the Black Panther King T'Chaka because he was looked at as a fierce warrior in his day and he was a person who was well respected. Not sure it is a good idea to do so, but saw the mural and thought about it, so wanted to see what others thought about the subject.

Surfer

I doubt they're going to connect the two. In the MCU Wakanda just recently became known to the larger world. Bruce Banner didn't know how to pronounce the nations name, and T'Chaka even said during the U.N. meeting that they had been keeping to themselves.

As for the mural Harlem had one of the more well known chapters of the Black Panther party, second only to the one in Oakland (where the group was founded). The history of the organization is very much a part of Harlem and many former members still live there.

With the talk of gentrification of Harlem in the show I think it would be a cool way to set up the Bushmaster family as villains in the future as their business front in the comics was financiers.
Do you think they'll keep the Seagate experiment close to the comics with Rackham disrupting the experiment? From the sound of the trailer, Luke made it seem like the whole experiment was against his will.

It sounds like Cage might be more of a reluctant participant.

I doubt they're going to connect the two. In the MCU Wakanda just recently became known to the larger world. Bruce Banner didn't know how to pronounce the nations name, and T'Chaka even said during the U.N. meeting that they had been keeping to themselves.

As for the mural Harlem had one of the more well known chapters of the Black Panther party, second only to the one in Oakland (where the group was founded). The history of the organization is very much a part of Harlem and many former members still live there.

Plus the tv side and movie side of things have little to do with each other. A mural in Cage's show has nothing to do with the BP movie, heh.

tumblr_oap2amGgdP1usws96o1_500.gif

tumblr_obnafyo3Bd1usws96o2_500.gif

EDIT: I forgot seeing Luke meeting Claire for the first time in the final episode of JJ.

Last edited:
Definitely takes place before Jessica Jones.

:huh: No it doesn't. Well the flashbacks (like his origin) do, but otherwise it is set after JJ's first season.

Marvel going for the third wise old black man who dies in a Marvel Netflix series trifecta?

Nick Fury is the only old black dude that can survive superhero shenanigans!

Marvel going for the third wise old black man who dies in a Marvel Netflix series trifecta?

Nick Fury is the only old black dude that can survive superhero shenanigans!
I know Ben Urich, who's the second person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"