Luke Cage Luke Cage General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody make me a 75x75 gif of That nod of Luke in original outfit. Much appreciated.

Can anybody make me a 75x75 gif of That nod of Luke in original outfit. Much appreciated.
Don't log out now.

ezgif-793375575.gif
gif_im_color_60_ezgif-793375575.gif

Detective Clemons from Jessica Jones. He is originally from The Punisher comics.
The one inspired by Morgan Freeman from Se7en?
That's another thing I forgot from that show.
I liked Nuke before that moment. :csad:

Posting on my phone.

That trailer was legit! And that shows what I've been saying by wanting a 'Shaft' film. This hit all of the same beats as those original films, just updated to modern times. This is beyond awesome, been waiting for something like this for a while now.

Yeah I love the Shaft tone I'm getting off of this.

Luke cage was a cash in on the whole blaxploitation craze in the seventies so it is no wonder the show will probably feel like a modernized version of that stuff.

"You might be bulletproof...but Harlem ain't." Omg. Live-action Misty Knight!! I might cry! :funny:

That was a fantastic trailer! Love the music, the style, the whole vibe. Love seeing more Claire here too. Looks like she will definitely have a more prominent role and perhaps even a romance of sorts with Luke. I'm ok with that, much more so than the idea of Misty/Luke.

According to Jeph Loeb, they're not the villains, they're the other heroes.

Black mariah, shades, and cotton mouth are the villains

Loved the trailer and looking forward to the show, but the one thing that kinda irked me was Cottonmouth's "the city's in my blood" speech and Claire's "you gotta seek justice yourself" speech. I hope this doesn't come off as a retread of Daredevil Season 1 with Cottonmouth being just like Kingpin and Claire playing the exact same role as in Daredevil.

Hopefully there's more to it.

Yeah, Claire's lines and purpose to our main heroes is getting repetitive. Including her small stint in JJ. Not sure what else she'll bring here if what we saw in the trailer was the basic outline [of her arc].

According to Jeph Loeb, they're not the villains, they're the other heroes.

That's probably why they're so good. Obviously with 13 episodes they're given more time to develop. One thing the movies could take from the netflix series is to give the villains a little bit more time on screen...two maybe three more scenes could really help to make the movie baddies a little more memorable.

Hopefully Cottonmouth makes it 3 for 3 for Netflix and their bad guys and I know Alfre Woodard should be pretty good.

https://twitter.com/cheo_coker/status/763071647439925248

Episode 7: Manifest

Yeah, Claire's lines and purpose to our main heroes is getting repetitive. Including her small stint in JJ. Not sure what else she'll bring here if what we saw in the trailer was the basic outline [of her arc].

I think it'll at least slightly more than that. They're introducing her mom, she's without a job, and Luke will need a friend group like Daredevil with Foggy and Karen to interact with seeing that Pops has a chance of dying in the barbershop shootout, and none of the other casted characters really fit that mold (and they haven't introduced his friend DW from the books), and Claire was Luke's love interest in the original series.

We'll have to see though. I hope she isn't just there as a way to spring Luke into action.

Just some various thoughts:

luke-cage-trailer-00012-194012.jpg

In the trailer, Luke said "I didn't ask for any of this". I think there's a chance he might not know Rackham (or whoever if they decide to change it up) disrupted the experiment and caused it to go wrong. It could explain why in Jessica Jones, Reva had the USB about various experiments (maybe she was looking for information about the experiment that gave Luke powers?). They might be trying to make the experiment a little more mysterious in order to set up future plotlines (possibly IGH or Bushmaster?). However, I don't think this will be the main focus of this season.

luke-cage-trailer-00052-194123.jpg

luke-cage-trailer-00028-194028.jpg

luke-cage-trailer-00029-194029.jpg

I think these might be flashbacks to Luke's gang days when he used to be part of the Rivals before going clean. IMDB has Clifton Cutrary cast as young Carl Lucas and recently Jared Kemp was added as young Willis Stryker.

luke-cage-trailer-00104-194103.jpg

luke-cage-trailer-00105-194104.jpg

Any theory on who this is?

It might be Cottonmouth, a Hand member dressed up(if they want to set up for the Defenders) or just a random goon, but I think it could possibly be Shades. I think that Shades might be hiding his true skills in order to manipulate and assess things in order to make big moves (and don't forget Loeb's comments about Shades playing a big role in challenging Luke).

Just some various thoughts:

luke-cage-trailer-00012-194012.jpg

In the trailer, Luke said "I didn't ask for any of this". I think there's a chance he might not know Rackham (or whoever if they decide to change it up) disrupted the experiment and caused it to go wrong. It could explain why in Jessica Jones, Reva had the USB about various experiments (maybe she was looking for information about the experiment that gave Luke powers?). They might be trying to make the experiment a little more mysterious in order to set up future plotlines (possibly IGH or Bushmaster?). However, I don't think this will be the main focus of this season.

I don't think they'll have Luke be in the dark about Rackham sabotaging the experiment. I think information that Reva digs up is going to show that the experiments conducted on Luke were tied to Project: Rebirth (The same U.S. program that gave Steve Rogers and Isiah Bradley their powers). It'd be something taken directly from the comics and would create closer ties between the Netflix shows and the MCU films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"