Mad Max: Fury Road - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That trailer... was insane. I don't care if this flops. The film will awe and influence those who watch it for years to come. Good lord.
Hopefully the whole film lives up to the visuals. If it does, we have a potential classic on our hands. Looks so, so good.

That trailer was just 2 mins of visual noise to me.

I don't care what the story is about I just want to see Max battling all those freaks in them there wild chase sequences on the big screen. :drl:

tumblr_msveuxYz9d1r60wcfo1_500.gif

Maybe because I meant it that way.
It's an action-focused trailer for a movie about explosions and car chases. What exactly are you looking for? This isn't exactly a Wes Anderson flick. ...oh my god, now I want to see a mad max movie directed by him haha.

I like more than surface characterization and depth, and great dialog and stories with thought put into them as much as most geeks do. Yes, that approach can, hell, it does raise the quality of all types of films but especially genre material.

That said I think that a lot of online fans simply underestimate the pure visceral rush that comes from well done spectacle and visual mastery and that too is part of the art of cinema. I think many feel that in some ways that films with that approach no matter the quality, are some how less valid or illegitimate as entertainment or affronts to quality film making and film as art and I just don't share that view. Film is a visual medium and there are those that do spectacle right and can make it a worthwhile experience, sometimes in and of itself, and then there are those like Bay that simply don't have it in them to make films that even purely on spectacle and visuals can come close to holding my attention (Sorry to pile on Bay, I know people feel it's too trendy, but for myself I cannot stand ANY of the TF films, and haven't enjoyed a film of his since THE ROCK. I think my feeling on this are come by honestly). All my own opinion but when it comes to genre work sometimes I ain't looking for a supposed tete a tete with the burning bush up on the mountain top. In fact sometimes that sort of "depth" can be (not always of course) annoying as hell since perhaps in a genre type film the real weighty issues (whether character, story or theme-wise) just can't be given the real room necessary to explore them in a mature manner, or in doing so kills the buzz, the excitement of why you are going to see such a film in the first place. My two cents.

I gotta say as someone who was kind of ....'meh' to the original trilogy (I watched all of three of them for the first time very recently and....I just don't think they were for me, just a little too weird for my liking) this trailer looks REALLY good. I'm interested. I'm willing to give this franchise a 4th chance to win me over.

I don't give a **** what anybody say's, every frame of footage I've seen of this movie looks unbelievably badass. It's my #2 most hyped flick for the summer behind AoU. The color palette on it is so striking and interesting. The fire almost looks dark red and the design of the bandits and vehicles are insane too. I'm catching the midnight premiere come hell or high water.

This is WB's most expensive R rated film since Troy, and just one of the most expensive R Rated films ever.

This is WB's most expensive R rated film since Troy, and just one of the most expensive R Rated films ever.
If nothing else, I hope this succeeds just to ensure Suicide Squad has a shot at that R rating.

It's an action-focused trailer for a movie about explosions and car chases. What exactly are you looking for? This isn't exactly a Wes Anderson flick. ...oh my god, now I want to see a mad max movie directed by him haha.

THE LIFE APOCALYPTIC WITH MAX ROCKATANSKY

Max: Adrien Brody
Furiosa: Tilda Swinton
Nux: Jason Schwartzman
Immortan Joe: Bill Murray
Rictus Erectus: Edward Norton

People have said as much about all sorts of pop corn driven fare. Cynicism does tend to stand out when it's it's laid upon a fan favorite movie though.
Those movies don't have editing or cinematography that good in their final films, let alone their trailers. :funny:

I get more pumped for this with each trailer. It looks stunning. May can't get here fast enough :mrk:.

Those movies don't have editing or cinematography that good in their final films, let alone their trailers. :funny:

By good I assume you aren't talking about the majority of the GA.
The trailers in particular seem to have something working, rather "good" considering they entice massive openings.
Trailers are kinda funny that way, I suppose time will tell if that's a rule or something.

George miller is maybe my favorite. I just tend to see alot of selective apologetics to things around times like this. That all important story and substance and...oh what the hell, baddass and awesome here we come. I respect the consistency of some people more than others is my point.

Last edited:
By good I assume you aren't talking about the majority of the GA.
The trailers in particular seem to have something working, rather "good" considering they entice massive openings.
Trailers are kinda funny that way, I suppose time will tell if that's a rule or something.

George miller is maybe my favorite. I just tend to see alot of selective apologetics to things around times like this. That all important story and substance and...oh what the hell, baddass and awesome here we come. I respect the consistency of some people more than others is my point.
If the movie is lacking substance, I will be very disappointed, but I will point it out. I have been jazzed for plenty of movies that let me down. I was crushingly disappointed by Big Hero 6 not all that long ago. Trailers can be deceiving, but thes are not run of the mill trailers. They have their own identity unlike most which just copy Nolan's trailers over and over again. These seem crafted with the intent and tone that one would think is coming from the film itself.

And by good, I mean film as the amazing art form it can be. The blending of sound and imagery to give the world something to awe at. Transformers and TMNT films still aren't good. :cwink:

this movie looks so entertaining that i dont even have a problem being a hypocrit. the movie looks more racist than Exodus. :oldrazz:
like there ....is not a single human of color in the trailer 1 and 2. at least i didnt see .

who cares about story with this kind of precise practical action scenes. Miller is back. :hmr:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"