Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want is good solo movies that focus on the individual heroes, their worlds, and their villains.
I want no cameos or references to previous movies.
I want movies that could basically be seen as outside of a shared universe.
I want movies that aren’t just a step towards something bigger.
I really want them to basically forget a shared universe for awhile and focus on making good solos that develop the heroes before bringing them together again.
I’ve said that a lot all around this forum :funny:

But I think that after credits scenes that collect the villains that are already being used in the movies would be a simple and easy way to keep things connected without forcing or rushing things.

You really aren’t understanding but okay :funny:

Probably best to take your Legion of Doom fantasies to another part of the forum and create its own thread.

This is one reason I want the next solo Superman to be a Metropolis story where Lex is involved in the creation of Parasite and the Metallo to take on the Man of Steel. I see it as Lex’s LOD phase I.

This is the kind of stuff I don't want the solo films to be doing. Being affected by any LOD plans.

Supergirl solo as the mini JL movie is all the MoS sequel I could ask for.

Supergirl solo as the mini JL movie is all the MoS sequel I could ask for.

Nn3n.gif

tenor.gif

lol, but yeah that could easily have equally portioned screentime between Supes & Supergirl. Supes playing the awfully concerned cousin.

lol, but yeah that could easily have equally portioned screentime between Supes & Supergirl. Supes playing the awfully concerned cousin.

As long as he's not "off-world" :oldrazz:

I think the danger is balance. It wouldn't be wise for a Supergirl movie -- a movie with a female lead and with her own story to tell -- to feature too much Superman screentime or story for Superman. He can't overshadow her or give the impression that she would basically be totally lost without him and doesn't have enough of her own unique story or strengths to bring to the table. Likewise, I wouldn't want the longed for MOS sequel to, like BvS, end up focusing or featuring too much of another superhero, Supergirl, when Superman and his world have some rebuilding and growing to do.

In other words, a Supergirl movie where Superman gets equal screentime would not be ideal, and a Superman movie (if were to come first) shouldn't be where Kara's origins are explored. At best, she could be a part of an opening flashback relevant to Brainaic and a final shot or postcredits scene hinting at her emergence, setting up her solo follow up.

This is the kind of stuff I don't want the solo films to be doing. Being affected by any LOD plans.

It's not going to effect the solos though as I said the solos hapoen as they should introducing the villains. Me saying Lex creating an LOD Phase I isn't literal, it's just Lex's first attempt at a stable of villains to take on Superman.

Too much Legion of Doom talk in the Man of Steel 2 thread for my taste, but enough for me to want to reiterate how much I don't want a LOD movie anytime soon, perhaps never, and how much I hope never to see boring villains like Metallo and Parasite in a Superman movie. They're fine characters, but I think they work better on one-off television episodes or mini-arcs. I just really hate any Superman villain whose primary effect is to drain his powers.

Well we all know how you feel about the Legion of Doom :whatever:

I disagree too that Parasite and Metallo are boring villains. Written and cast correctly they can be as fascisnting as any villain, also in my scenario the true villain is Lex pulling the strings. I think it would make for a fantastic Superman movie.

What I want is good solo movies that focus on the individual heroes, their worlds, and their villains.
I want no cameos or references to previous movies.
I want movies that could basically be seen as outside of a shared universe.
I want movies that aren’t just a step towards something bigger.
I really want them to basically forget a shared universe for awhile and focus on making good solos that develop the heroes before bringing them together again.
I’ve said that a lot all around this forum :funny:

But I think that after credits scenes that collect the villains that are already being used in the movies would be a simple and easy way to keep things connected without forcing or rushing things.

You really aren’t understanding but okay :funny:

Let's just come back in 2023 and continue this discussion :oldrazz:

I heard MOS2 is coming out in 2049

Trying to think of a way to intorduce Supergirl in MOS2 without her taking too much of focus away from Superman.
Maybe Brainiac is the villain, and in the third act it reveals a mind controlled Kara as a weapon against Superman. She is freed from Brainiac control during the finale, setting her up for her own film but introduced late enough that Clark has plenty of time to shine.

Trying to think of a way to intorduce Supergirl in MOS2 without her taking too much of focus away from Superman.
Maybe Brainiac is the villain, and in the third act it reveals a mind controlled Kara as a weapon against Superman. She is freed from Brainiac control during the finale, setting her up for her own film but introduced late enough that Clark has plenty of time to shine.

It's like no matter the story, she'll end up mind-controlled.

The Darkseid story ends the same way, except they gave her neat slave-Leia inspired outfit.

I'm not a fan of that story, or Loeb in general, but the concept of free will is something that ties back to MOS.

I was thinking a Supergirl movie could be kind of cool if it takes place mostly off earth. Maybe have the movie start with Brainiac attacking Kandor simultaneously with the end of Krypton, then Kal and Kara both get sent off, but Kara's ship gets sucked into worm hole or some other event happens setting her off course, and she wakes up on a planet she doesn't know and has to fight her way off the planet and the movie can end with her finding her way towards Earth, setting up a MOS2/Superman appearance with Brainiac as the main villain.

Wonder if they’ll race swap Supergirl...

Would it matter?

To most no, to me yes. I’m just one of those people who like to see characters depicted onscreen the same as they’ve been depicted for the last 60 years on paper, the characters I grew up with. I know people can argue the personality is all that matters but as these are comics, physical appearance plays an important role when portraying the character IMO, I want to see the pictures I grew up loving brought to life.

I really have no interest in a Supergirl movie where she takes on Brainiac without Superman. It’s bad enough the TV show continually pilfers his villains and storylines. Now a Superman-Supergirl team up movie where they take on Brainiac together would be very cool.

I really have no interest in a Supergirl movie where she takes on Brainiac without Superman. It’s bad enough the TV show continually pilfers his villains and storylines. Now a Superman-Supergirl team up movie where they take on Brainiac together would be very cool.

I don't want to see a film in which Superman and Supergirl are co-leads. So if she's going to help him take on Brainiac, she's going to have to have the same sort of role in terms of screentime and scope as Wonder Woman in BvS.

I don't want to see a film in which Superman and Supergirl are co-leads. So if she's going to help him take on Brainiac, she's going to have to have the same sort of role in terms of screentime and scope as Wonder Woman in BvS.

No but you can do a Supergirl film (where Superman has a glorified cameo) and a Superman film and then do a team up film where they take on Brainiac.

No but you can do a Supergirl film (where Superman has a glorified cameo) and a Superman film and then do a team up film where they take on Brainiac.
That could be cool. My two wishes: 1.) Don't make a Supergirl origin film without including Superman, and 2.) Don't tell a Brainiac story without including Supergirl and her unique POV on him. So that option would fulfill them both quite nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"