Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically, Andrew Garfield never quit either. But I doubt Marvel ever would've used him for their own Spider-Man anyway.

My point is this. WB could be resetting with the Superman franchise and rethinking things. This could be a good thing for the fans, for Superman and for everyone.

This character has been around for 80 years. The role doesn't belong to Cavill. Many people have played the role of Superman before him and many will play the role after.

They should have scraped the franchise after BvS wasn’t looking good. JL is an abomination after Infinity War proved years of investment and care make a better outcome.

MOS 2
WW
Batman > into JL would have been a smarter option.

They should have scraped the franchise after BvS wasn’t looking good. JL is an abomination after Infinity War proved years of investment and care make a better outcome.

MOS 2
WW
Batman > into JL would have been a smarter option.

Of course it is an abomination. The studio messed with the movie over worries that moviegoers wouldn't find it 'Marvel-y' enough. That's what happens when you don't follow your own path. They should have left Zack Snyder alone on the movie, and switch gears afterwards. This way he would've completed his trilogy, and they would've been free to handle things they way they wanted afterwards.

Make me laugh.

So does that mean that this thread/section will get closed soon or at least retitled to something more accurate to the current status of the franchise?

With Henry Cavill out as Superman, I think it was written on the wall with a Supergirl movie and doing other projects as well not to mention WB having no plans for a MoS sequel.

There was a lot of things Warner Bros. should've done differently, but what's in the past is past. It's time to look toward the future.

And the future now is looking like Geralt of Rivia for Henry Cavill. IMO, not so bad. The casting has really grown on me.

It's disappointing to hear, that's for certain, as Cavill has been my favorite interpretation of the character so far. I think a number of people are to "blame" if you could call it that, but theres certainly once again that feeling of a missed opportunity. Only now it seems that instead of nothing, we'll be getting Kara. While that's not entirely bad, it's frustrating as a Supes fan to see so much of his own mythos subsumed by Supergirl in his stead. That's my biggest problem with the CW series, and it looks like that trend may continue for the movies.

Selfishly I want more Cavill as Supes as I think hes a brilliant modern day interpretation. The bigger issue, I think is where this leaves the character. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fade away at this rate, given how his "Evil" interpretation seems more popular than he is these days.

Calling it right now, but we will probably not see a superman film (where he is the star) until possibly 10 years from now.

And if Supergirl ends up taking his spot then his mythology might end up being rewritten a bit so that it accommodates her's.

My guess is WB will go total reboot. No Cavill's Superman and likely recasting Affleck as Batman.

My guess is WB will go total reboot. No Cavill's Superman and likely recasting Affleck as Batman.
Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman can be the Judi Dench M of the franchise - the element that remains while everything else changes, lol.

Also, since Thread Manager's no longer around to keep our threads at more manageable lengths and this one's over a thousand posts anyway, I think this might be the perfect time to close this one down and open a new, more appropriately titled version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"