Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick a fork in the DCEU!

Don’t know why someone would want to see Aquaman, but now that the DCEU is dead... why would anyone now?

Like WW can sort of get away with it, being period prequels/reboots from here on out. But, sort of confusing if they don’t Flashpoint the universe to cheat recastings.

Honestly don’t know why it took this long for him to quit... after how they’ve treated him/his character post-MOS.

Don’t know why someone would want to see Aquaman, but now that the DCEU is dead... why would anyone now?

Like WW can sort of get away with it, being period prequels/reboots from here on out. But, sort of confusing if they don’t Flashpoint the universe to cheat recastings.

Also interested to see how they deal with all of the overt Superman references in Shazm... I mean Freddy is wearing a MOS shirt for ****s sake!

Looks like wb is moving away from the last remnants of snyder with cavill gone now or atleast the pieces that divided fans the
Most from his vision.

Dudette better not be dicking us around. If WB has any goddamned sense, they’d keep Cavill around for as long as he looks and wants to play the part.
I think that part might be the sticking point.

Dm0vWnoU4AApy9M

Great points. If Henry has to be replaced, my pick would be Routh.

Oh, did she shatter your dreams, lil' Willi?

Dunno, so far I'm looking forward to 'Shazam' (and 'Aquaman' looks solid, as well, even though not quite as good as the other one). As long as the movies will be good, I don't care about "plans." I'm sure 'Wonder Woman 1984' will be another hit, as well.

And I'm looking forward to Todd Phillips' 'Joker' movie.

Dunno, so far I'm looking forward to 'Shazam' (and 'Aquaman' looks solid, as well, even though not quite as good as the other one). As long as the movies will be good, I don't care about "plans." I'm sure 'Wonder Woman 1984' will be another hit, as well.

And I'm looking forward to Todd Phillips' 'Joker' movie.
Not interested in Shazam but ditto on the others.

I look forward to all those movies. But Superman fans have obviously had to put up with a lot for years. Whether it's yet another reboot, new actors, the rights issues, the shared universe etc. I mean pick a course and stay on it. I hope that for all the individual heroes. Just give a chance for these characters to develop within their own universes, to explore and develop the lore. Not all this stopping and starting.

Quite frankly, as a Superman fan, I liked 'Man of Steel' and (the Ultimate Cut of) 'Batman V Superman.'

As for the characters being developed in their own universes, I wouldn't have minded if DC took the opposite approach and had treated every character's movie/franchise as its own thing, in order to focus on the exploration of what makes each of them unique.

Last edited:
Henry Cavill saw the writing on the wall. He knew which way the wind was blowing. That's why he signed on for The Witcher. WB is moving on and so is he.

BoringUnequaledAsiaticmouflon-size_restricted.gif

I don't get why fans are so upset? This could be good for the franchise. It means in the future you can hopefully start fresh and get a better Superman film. Why are people so connected to an actor and set of movies that were not so well received and weren't that great? It's time to let go of Cavill as Superman.

This is the last straw for me if Henry leaves. Officially done with DC after that happens.

I don't get why fans are so upset? This could be good for the franchise. It means in the future you can hopefully start fresh and get a better Superman film. Why are people so connected to an actor and set of movies that were not so well received and weren't that great? It's time to let go of Cavill as Superman.

Maybe because some people don't agree with your opinion on 'Man of Steel' and 'Batman V Superman.'

Maybe because some people don't agree with your opinion on 'Man of Steel' and 'Batman V Superman.'

I'm just saying. Cavill had three films. They generally didn't work. This means WB is resetting and could make new films that pay greater respect to the Superman character you so worship. Isn't that what you want? I'm confused.

I didn't like most of the movies Cavill appeared in as Superman.....but I liked him as Superman. I think that with the right script and production he would have been great as the character.

Henry can be good under the right direction, give him one more solo film under a different director and see what happens. If hes still the wooden character then move on

Honestly don’t know why it took this long for him to quit... after how they’ve treated him/his character post-MOS.

he didn't quit. WB was the one who didn't want him back which isn't surprising given his demands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"