Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - - Part 15

I've gotta wonder if despite all the promotion in Japan, e.g. going their TWICE, before MOS was released and at the end, the numbers aren't as high for that very reason, it came at the end, I'm sure there's some valid reasons for why the movie was released 2.5 months later, but I think it really hurt them. Hopefully in 2015, the releases won't be as spread and piracy won't be rampant.

The "anime" type fighting should have been a great draw in Japan, but for some reason the box office numbers aren't reflecting that.

Who knows at the end of the day, just my two, very small cents.

Its not as simple as "anime" type fighting = mass appeal in Japan. Look at Pacific Rim it has Mechs vs Monsters but just came and went over there. The Wolverine which is set in Japan with a whole bunch of Japanese actors is behaving the same way.

What? I'm sure Henry has had quite a few scripts and offers but he didn't like them, he was also waiting for confirmation on whether he would be back as Superman again.

He's doing man from uncle now as it's what he wants to do,ie a decent sized movie and role that fits his character well and will look good on his filmography,especially when he goes for Bond again in the future, and it fits into the Supes Bats filming schedule.

That's what u think. N UNCLE was offered after MOS released.

Well, either WB stopped tracking MOS' earnings or the film left second-run theaters.

Total domestic gross: $291,045,518
Foreign cume: $371,800,000
Worldwide gross: $662,845,518

Well, either WB stopped tracking MOS' earnings or the film left second-run theaters.

Total domestic gross: $291,045,518
Foreign cume: $371,800,000
Worldwide gross: $662,845,518

Mos left my dollar theater yesterday

i guess Gravity is the biggest hit this year. should be doing better than MOS and DM2.

The highest foreign earnings were in the China and the United Kingdom. I don't understand why hopes were placed on Japan.

What do you think the odds are that Thor ends up out-grossing MoS?

it could…depends on if people continue to see it…it will be uncontested until the 22nd when Catching Fire comes out.

Curious if Thor2 or Gravity will outgross MOS.
Rest assured, no matter what those films get, they will be considered successes. And if MOS out grosses them it'll still be this highly debated topic.

par for the course.

it could…depends on if people continue to see it…it will be uncontested until the 22nd when Catching Fire comes out.

Bolded part is a BIG statement. If MOS had such luxury, it would have wiped the floor with anything in its path. This summer was brutal. MOS held good ground. I'm happy with the numbers.

Curious if Thor2 or Gravity will outgross MOS.
Rest assured, no matter what those films get, they will be considered successes. And if MOS out grosses them it'll still be this highly debated topic.

par for the course.

So true, Marvin.

MOS domestic box will beat Thor. Marvel U movies tend to do really well overseas though. I think they have a better strategy as far as releasing them.

When you are willing to create whole other cuts of your film to cater to a foreign audience *cough CHINA cough* then it's of little surprise that you do better outside of the US. But how does that effect the approach to the actual film on the creative side? So far it seems that WB gives a lot of creative control to the film makers. Not total control of course, these are still franchise characters after all. But compared to what MARVEL does it would seem that WB expects a director to do his/her best work if they give them more freedom. Thus Nolan being allowed to do what he did in TDKT and Snyder allowed to make the story choices he did in MOS. That backing of a director's vision is undermined when you tell them you have to make multiple cuts for multiple countries. It's great business, but bad for having well realized films.

Hobbit 2 has already earned 400 mil.worldwide in ten days. No way it will collect less than Thor 2.

Wow...looking at some of the predictions, there were a few high expectations for this movie. It should be interesting to see how the sequel does in terms of BO.

Wow...looking at some of the predictions, there were a few high expectations for this movie. It should be interesting to see how the sequel does in terms of BO.

Looking back, the expectation was about a bit more than 700m. MOS did 662m. Slightly less. So our prediction is quite accurate.

I think if it had better legs it would do as what we predicted.

I really think batman was bought in for the sequel because MOS didn't have good legs...

I was saying there were a few who obviously expected the movie to do better. Also, I don't know if Bats was brought in for that. TBH...I think bringing him in was the plan all along. I don't think it was done to boast the movie. This is the start of the DC movie verse, so bringing Bats in makes sense.

I was saying there were a few who obviously expected the movie to do better. Also, I don't know if Bats was brought in for that. TBH...I think bringing him in was the plan all along. I don't think it was done to boast the movie. This is the start of the DC movie verse, so bringing Bats in makes sense.

There were some 3xpected it to do only half of SR did. Lol
Btw, never expect MU did better than MOS WW since MU is such a poor animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"