Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing MOS to Iron Man 3 was never going to work. Iron Man 3 had tremendous momentum from Avengers and previous Iron Man films. That's why I always say I'm more impressed with the box office success of the first Iron Man film. That launched everything.

I agree.

Denial... I think...

At least Tobias is honorable and sticks to his numbers... (and he doesn't personally attack others)

How could I be in denial of box office numbers? They're not up for debate, they're fact.

I said way back when that anything over 600M would be good for MOS because it would lock in a sequel.

Quit beating a dead horse. I'm getting tired of all the indirect jabs. Cut it out.

Ok I wont use im3 but I still think MOS can get a billion out of its entire run if dont it will definitely be between 800-900

MOS was never going to be bigger than IM3. NEVER.

It will once MOS 2 is release. Mark my word... MOS 2 will be huge now that the origin part is over... I see some epic new outing that we have yet to see on the big screen display in MOS2. With a script on par with TDK or better is going make movie history... :woot:

It's a shame that staggering release dates around the globe doesn't have the direct advantages that it's meant for. Things like piracy, especially out of the US, takes away a lot of potential OS BO that open much later.

Japan in particular could be hurt by piracy. They're probably watching MOS on their computers right now.

Exactly. That's the only flaw in the plan. There's probably a really good quality one out as well. Could you imagine how much the Box Office numbers of just movies in general would increase if there was a way to prevent piracy?

Japan in particular could be hurt by piracy. They're probably watching MOS on their computers right now.

Another reason why Disney is superior on their os marketing rollout dates etc

Man of Steel =

Great_success.jpg

[YT]J88-RdWnNT0[/YT]

I think it made 2.8 mill yesterday but don't know if that's confirmed.

Read on Variety saying something like projecting 65-70 mill for Lone Ranger during 5 day rollout.

I'm gonna guess $2-3 million for Tuesday. Which would mean that it would have made about $6 million Monday/Tuesday.

Is the Lone Ranger any good? Is it going to have good WOM?

Is the Lone Ranger any good? Is it going to have good WOM?

Saw it yesterday and it's pretty damn boring and uneven. The last 13 minutes are a lot of fun, yet, very cartoony. Wish the first 130 minutes were like that. :(

Variety projects 115 for DM2 and 65-70 for Lone Ranger. I've never paid attention to Variety's projections before so I don't know how accurate they are.

Saw it yesterday and it's pretty damn boring and uneven. The last 13 minutes are a lot of fun, yet, very cartoony. Wish the first 130 minutes were like that. :(

So it's not a good fun adventure flick? :csad:

Variety seems to be the only one giving Lone Ranger a good OW number.

So it's not a good fun adventure flick? :csad:

To me it wasn't. It was just too uneven and WAY TOO LONG. Like 40 minutes longer than it should have been. Depp was good in it, though.

Denial... I think...

At least Tobias is honorable and sticks to his numbers... (and he doesn't personally attack others)

Yeah he sticks with his predictions until BO updates come out and then he revises up accordingly. Then he sticks with those until he sees he is way off again, and then..... The death spiral of negativity rears its ugly head again when he talks down MOS's Latest BO milestone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"