Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish.

I finally, finally, finally dragged my very dearest and best friend to see MOS tonight. She's been dragging her feet, because "It's a Superman movie", and finally, I pulled out my trump card: I saw Borat AND every Twilight film with her. She owes me big time.

So we went. She loved it. LOVED IT.

We then spent dinner fangirling about the film, and between the in-depth discussion of the film, looking up pictures of shirtless Henry, because oh my, those abs.

Welldone.

Ya. There are a lot of people having the superman movie phobia. I have seen some among my colleagues. And it's almost impossible to drag them to watch it. I failed.

Glad that ur best friend love it.

^ And that is one of the reasons why MOS has made 50 mil. less than what it could, some people just not willing to give it a chance, they would rather watch something else than seen going to a Superman movie.

To them it's all about perception, they are sticking to "Superman is Lame" belief. This is not just because of Superman Returns but also Chris Reeves' campy movies including from Superman 3, Superman 4.

^ And that is one of the reasons why MOS has made 50 mil. less than what it could, some people just not willing to give it a chance, they would rather watch something else than seen going to a Superman movie.

To them it's all about perception, they are sticking to "Superman is Lame" belief. This is not just because of Superman Returns but also Chris Reeves' campy movies including from Superman 3, Superman 4.

How did u make the 50M estimate? :D

But if MOS had super great WOM, don't u think they will go n watch it? :p

No. Because people think Superman is outdated, lame, and nerdy.

It's just a rough estimate, Robinov's statements about MOS making a 1 billion show that he was thinking that it would get success similar to TDK and TDKR.

TDK has a 3.4 multiplier and TDKR has a 2.9 multiplier. So, I set a multiplier of 2.9 for MOS to get the figure for domestic collections. (as per Mr. Robonov.)

U.S. Domestic Collections = Opening weekend X multiplier.

Opening weekend for MOS was 116 mil.

116 X 2.9 = 336 mil.

But the real number is -
Domestic 289 mil.

So that a difference of (say) 47 mil. Or shall we say that MOS could have earned 50 mil $ at the most.

I thought the same thing, but apparently some people don't want to see a Superman movie in their life, for some reason.

poor superman fans we are. no point of checking. it's done. the figure is about right.

now i'm thinking... maybe getting the batman's help isn't that bad. at least we wouldn't be worry that much about the box office earning. hmmm... would we?

It opens in Japan in a little over 5 days from now so it isn't completely done. With the controversy crap storm over Affleck's ( usual over reaction) casting it might help spur a little more interest in MOS to where people who haven't seen it decide to go. WB really ought to get it back on IMAX screens over Labor Day.

I think it's agood thing that we are not getting a solo superman movie after MOS, as it would feature Lex luthor.

As much as I want another Superman movie, doing something different always generates interest and breathes a new life into projects, after seven Batman movies and six Superman movies, a Superman -Batman movie is something new, something different that generates audience interest again.

I think it's agood thing that we are not getting a solo superman movie after MOS, as it would feature Lex luthor.

As much as I want another Superman movie, doing something different always generates interest and breathes a new life into projects, after seven Batman movies and six Superman movies, a Superman -Batman movie is something new, something different that generates audience interest again.

There's a very good chance Lex will be in MOS 2 or whatever they decide to name it, but it is becoming clearer by the moment ( at least to me) that featuring Batman in the sequel was not a knee jerk reaction to MOS's supposed underwhelming B.O. But was planned all along. Obviously there are some that will never be convinced of this.

It's a remarkable dilemma. The producers understand that they face a large contingent of the audience that thinks the character and his usual tropes are dated..(right down to pa kent)

Then when they make bold changes those tropes they face a contingent of people that revoke the film leading to in part bad WOM and Reviews..

Then that first group of people who aren't hip to see another superman film hear about the bad wom and reviews and so on and so forth...lol.

I think the producers succeeded. People such as tempet's friend here have a new perspective on this new thing they created and going forward the numbers are going to show it. This first film had alot going against it. I have a feeling if they nailed the superman purists wanted that would have yielded a different sort of problem, one that might have sent the property back into the ground it was prior to mos.

There's a very good chance Lex will be in MOS 2 or whatever they decide to name it, but it is becoming clearer by the moment ( at least to me) that featuring Batman in the sequel was not a knee jerk reaction to MOS's supposed underwhelming B.O. But was planned all along. Obviously there are some that will never be convinced of this.

I wonder who on earth you could mean? Does his name rhyme with 'so biased'?:oldrazz:

It's a remarkable dilemma. The producers understand that they face a large contingent of the audience that thinks the character and his usual tropes are dated..(right down to pa kent)

Then when they make bold changes those tropes they face a contingent of people that revoke the film leading to in part bad WOM and Reviews..

Then that first group of people who aren't hip to see another superman film hear about the bad wom and reviews and so on and so forth...lol.

I think the producers succeeded. People such as tempet's friend here have a new perspective on this new thing they created and going forward the numbers are going to show it. This first film had alot going against it. I have a feeling if they nailed the superman purists wanted that would have yielded a different sort of problem, one that might have sent the property back into the ground it was prior to mos.

If they had satisfied comic book purists, we wouldn't even be talking a Batman/Superman movie. There would be no plans to move forward with the DCU at all.

There were some missteps in MOS, but over-all, I think the film was very strong. It's too bad comic book purists felt the need to fuss so much about 'what went wrong'. I feel like they've set back the prospect of a MOS2 film, when it should have been propelled by the fresh new look at Superman.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; movie studios won't cater to a group of ungrateful audiences. If they think a MOS2 movie will tank because of a loud enough group of people, they won't bother putting any money into it.

Superman/batman if officially 7/17/15
Confirmed by box office mojo .com

I wonder how Snyders Batman will look I bet this will be the best batman ever
can't wait to see how this goes

I wonder how Snyders Batman will look I bet this will be the best batman ever
can't wait to see how this goes

I'd lay money on the costume being Blue & gray as opposed to the neoprene black that we've essentially seen in every cinematic Bat suit since '89. Actually that's alway supposing that WB don't want some kind of continuity and have told Snyder not to stray to far from what has been established already. However, I doubt they would tie him down like that. If it looks recognizably 'Batman' without the GA scratching their heads and exclaiming "WTF" I'm sure he pretty much has free reign. If WB meddle as much as people think they do they'd have told Snyder he had to use the appalling 'New 52' Superman costume for MOS.

Last edited:
It opens in Japan in a little over 5 days from now so it isn't completely done. With the controversy crap storm over Affleck's ( usual over reaction) casting it might help spur a little more interest in MOS to where people who haven't seen it decide to go. WB really ought to get it back on IMAX screens over Labor Day.

Too bad MOS has already out of cinema. N I wonder does WB have any say power in retrieving a movie back to screen. I think it's up to the cinema operator, isn't it?

Too bad MOS has already out of cinema. N I wonder does WB have any say power in retrieving a movie back to screen. I think it's up to the cinema operator, isn't it?

its in the dollar theaters

and its up to the studio to re-release a movie

I'd lay money on the costume being Blue & gray as opposed to the neoprene black that we've essentially seen in every cinematic Bat suit since '89. Actually that's alway supposing that WB don't want some kind of continuity and have told Snyder not to stray to far from what has been established already. However, I doubt they would tie him down like that. If it looks recognizably 'Batman' without the GA scratching their heads and exclaiming "WTF" I'm sure he pretty much has free reign. If WB meddle as much as people think they do they'd have told Snyder he had to use the appalling 'New 52' Superman costume for MOS.
Form my understanding they are supposedly will be making this batman form (the beware the batman tv series) I have been checkinh it out on cartoon network and I swear Ben Affleck fits this batman even the character of Bruce Wayne resembles BatFleck now that I have seen the cartoon I love it and hope to catch up on it one day but his toys are awsome in Beware of the Batman
The bike transform into some kind of flight suit and if Snyder is going for this batman this just mite be the best batman ever
the batman I always wanted
imo
but Snyder have gave me the supetman I always wanted so I have faith

Okay figured I needed to bone up on my Ben Affleck movies so I coughed up $25 for Argo . I've seen Daredevil, and thought I'd get the directors cut but Best buy was out of it, or probably doesn't even carry it. Maybe Amazon has it. Oh we'll I'll have to start with Argo. Btw Does anyone know how much MOS made on Friday or do we have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"