Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ben Afflleck is the new Batman? If true not a bad choice IMO. I wanted Bale back but I trust Snyder knows what he is up to. I guess this means we'll be getting a whole new Bat costume. Blue and gray perhaps? Btw I just saw MOS for the 12th time and added a whole $3 to the box office. If most dollar theaters are charging around that amount it must be putting quite a few butts in seats to pull in what has (close to $2 million?)in the past couple of weeks.

Last edited:
So Ben Afflleck is the new Batman? If true not a bad choice IMO. I wanted Bale back but I trust Snyder knows what he is up to. I guess this means we'll be getting a whole new Bat costume. Blue and gray perhaps? Btw I just saw MOS for the 12th time and added a whole $3 to the box office. If most dollar theaters are charging around that amount it must be putting quite a few butts in seats to pull in what has (close to $2 million?)in the past couple of weeks.

Just checked. It was officially announced. Was he selected by Snyder??? to me it is a bad choice. I think the announcement doesn't help the hype. It kills it instead.
I thought they wanna have a new batman franchise later?

N I thought superman is the 1st superhero in the MOS universe as they said earlier. So they change their plan again???

I have my doubts that he was a true Snyder casting. WB has big plans for batman.

That being said I'm sure Snyder had a large say in the matter.

I wonder technically despite him being a big name and all, how much does his star power alone really bring to the films potential BO?

Like if it was announced instead that bale was back i'd say it would be a guaranteed 1 billion lock but with affleck i'm not really sure?

I wonder when they start filming, January/ February ? Actually I'm really excited at the prospect of Snyder's take on the Bat costume.

Last edited:
With the added news coverage that the casting of Batman is going garner, perhaps WB should hurry up and get MOS Back on IMAX screens for a week or two to capitalize on the renewed interest the casting will generate. I wonder if Batman being cast so quickly means the talk of Mark Strong being the front runner for Lex is more than just a rumor?

Last edited:
Please let him help with the screenwriting and directing. Any input at all.
I actually think he's a boring and obvious choice for Batman, but superior to both Goyer and Snyder in writing and directing.

With the added news coverage that the casting of Batman is going garner, perhaps WB should hurry up and get MOS Back on IMAX screens for a week or two to capitalize on the renewed interest the casting will generate. I wonder if Batman being cast so quickly means the talk of Mark Strong being the front runner for Lex is more than just a rumor?
Ironman3 and FF6 were back to IMAX screens in my country since 2 weeks ago.

I wonder technically despite him being a big name and all, how much does his star power alone really bring to the films potential BO?

Like if it was announced instead that bale was back i'd say it would be a guaranteed 1 billion lock but with affleck i'm not really sure?
nothing is guaranteed.
btw, i don't think he is a big name. a known name, yes. i thought he was better at the back screen than the front screen. :D could it be a condition for him to direct any DC movies... or the JL!!!??? btw, does he like acting more or directing more?

anyway, now i think about it... i think the casting is good for superman. batman high possible is a supporting role. :p

Last edited:
Im not too excited about this casting but I guess we will have to see how he does. as much as I hate to admit it but we all gotta give him a chance a few casting announcements had people mad
bale as batman
ledger as joker Hathaway as catwoman cavil as superman
even had people who doubted rdj as iron man
and many thought evans as captain America was a bad choice but hey we have some of the best acting of all time form roles of actors who was doubted in the beginning

Last edited:
I thought it was funny when my wife told me about Ben/Batman. She represents GA and me the fanboy, and she was upset by the news while I was pretty content. I think he has Bruce Wayne down. I can see it in his face. We'll just see if he can pull of the Bat. Here's hoping for a more supernatural/comic take on the character. Very optimistic.

So Saturday will in all likelihood see MOS's domestic B .O. Cross the $290 million mark. I thought it might do it by Wednesday or Thursday, but better late than never. I wonder if it Can make it to $291 million before they yank it from cinemas? Still hoping for an IMAX limited engagement re-release. Anyone heard any rumblings about the prospect of it still happening.

So Saturday will in all likelihood see MOS's domestic B .O. Cross the $290 million mark. I thought it might do it by Wednesday or Thursday, but better late than never. I wonder if it Can make it to $291 million before they yank it from cinemas? Still hoping for an IMAX limited engagement re-release. Anyone heard any rumblings about the prospect of it still happening.
No havent heard of anything but I hope they do
because we have no $1 movies in my area and and the closet showing is over 200 miles away MOS havent showed in my city in about 3 weeks and im mad that it just had a 5 1/2.week run
im so glad superman/batman has the july 17th release date (confirmed by AMC)
thier will nothing to effect its legs
Here comes of reign of something great

Last edited:
With all the casting news I haven't really seen anyone posting about the release date: July 17th....hopefully it will give the team up room to maximize the box office.

I'm hoping for one too and have not seen anything on that.

I keep checking the foreign gross and it hasn't moved. And when do the final grosses usually come about?

Well below expectation!!!???
Wow.

With all the casting news I haven't really seen anyone posting about the release date: July 17th....hopefully it will give the team up room to maximize the box office.

I have only heard it form AMC movie talk on YouTube and thier information is about 99% right

Well below expectation!!!???
Wow.

Hows is that possible when WB was only hoping for an 85mil open weekend if u ask me if 85mil ow is what you want then 650mil ww couldn't have any possibility of being a failure

It was one of two dates not staked out by a major tent pole movie. What concerns me is a big movie from a rival studio being moved into the 24th of July spot giving MOS 2 only one week to dominate the B.O. Not that it is going to be huge but the Fantastic Four reboot if it runs into post productions snafus or If they think they've got a potential hit on their hands, FOX might move it from March 2015 to July 24th.

Robinov's statements were foolish. There was no chance that MOS would have earned 1 bil. in a crowded Summer.

I'm hoping for one too and have not seen anything on that.

I keep checking the foreign gross and it hasn't moved. And when do the final grosses usually come about?

poor superman fans we are. no point of checking. it's done. the figure is about right.

now i'm thinking... maybe getting the batman's help isn't that bad. at least we wouldn't be worry that much about the box office earning. hmmm... would we?

clubbing with Henry!!!???:wow:

I wish.

I finally, finally, finally dragged my very dearest and best friend to see MOS tonight. She's been dragging her feet, because "It's a Superman movie", and finally, I pulled out my trump card: I saw Borat AND every Twilight film with her. She owes me big time.

So we went. She loved it. LOVED IT.

We then spent dinner fangirling about the film, and between the in-depth discussion of the film, looking up pictures of shirtless Henry, because oh my, those abs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"