Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

I got the comic :D......but I'm not going to read it till after June 14th :p or atleast until I'm waiting in line to see the movie on the 13th lol

wait........are we saying that Kara's scout ship IS the FOS ship that crashed on Earth??

wait........are we saying that Kara's scout ship IS the FOS ship that crashed on Earth??

At the end of the comic

we see that Kara's crashed ship begins to send out a signal intended for Clark, who is working on the trawler boat.

So.. where's her body gonna be? Unless she's alive, of course. That would make a great BB style stinger at the end :)

If you don't want to know any more then I'll stop now

At the end of the comic

we see that Kara's crashed ship begins to send out a signal intended for Clark, who is working on the trawler boat.

:wow:

no. no. keep the spoilers coming, please!!! I don't mind. :woot:

how did you guys get this comic?? is it only at Wal-mart?

I've been trying to find that guide book at my Wal-mart but I haven't had any luck.......

but, please, tell me more about Kara's story.

So.. where's her body gonna be? Unless she's alive, of course. That would make a great BB style stinger at the end :)

I one of the pics from the Wal-Mart footage he is looking at a closed pod...Kara?? POSSIBLY!

I've been trying to find that guide book at my Wal-mart but I haven't had any luck.......

.....I'd rather not say how I got my copy.......:D

please, tell me more about Kara's story.

I posted a summary a couple of pages back:

Kara and a group of other young pilots-in-training are in the Kryptonian jungle, retrieving beacons as part of their terraform training. They have to learn to deal with an alien planet's harsh environment. But only four of the people in the group will be chosen to take on the expedition upon graduation. Dev-Em is a member of the group. When they split up, Dev-Em kills one of the other people, Kell, who is Kara's friend/love interest, in order to increase his chances of being chosen. Kara battles with Dev-Em and has him arrested for murder. Murder is rare on Krypton, and Dev is sentenced to death. Kara graduates and soon takes off in one of the scout ships. The whole fleet of ships take off to explore and help Krypton "expand". Each scout ship has a "Growth Codex" that will allow them to let the stored embryos grow into full-grown Kryptonians and help them terraform the land.

Kara and her team go to sleep in their sleep pods for the many years of travel. Kara wakes up and sees that everyone has already left their pod. She sees that the others are dead, and sees Dev-Em on the ship, alive. He was freed by council members who opposed the death penalty. He stowed away on the ship and woke up the others to access food, and killed them soon after when they were of no use. He then alters the course to the "Sol System" -our system. The ship is headed to Earth. Kara and Dev-Em battle, now with much stronger powers, and cause the ship to crash in the snow on Earth. A figure is seen leaving the ship. We then see an Inuit tribe in Canada in their hut, with a drawing of the ship crashing and the S symbol on their wall.

In present day, a signal under the ice (ice shelves thousands of years old) is picked up by mission control and they wonder who it is trying to signal. It cuts to Clark working on the Alaskan fishing boat.

That's the mystery. I don't see the point of introducing her and then killing her off so quickly. It seems more of a set up for future instalments.

Last edited:

The comic is a digital download that you get when you buy a ticket. Kara is sent out to explore with a crew of Kryptonians...and things don't go as planned, things go south bad

I haven't read the full comic, but if I had to guess, she goes back in cause the ship crashes, where safer would you go other than that chamber thing with some kind of protective goo, after the crash the systems could have been damaged and thats why it doesn't open

Nope, doesn't make sense because she was piloting the ship as it landed.

I posted a summary a couple of pages back:

Kara and a group of other young pilots-in-training are in the Kryptonian jungle, retrieving beacons as part of their terraform training. They have to learn to deal with an alien planet's harsh environment. But only four of the people in the group will be chosen to take on the expedition upon graduation. Dev-Em is a member of the group. When they split up, Dev-Em kills one of the other people, Kell, who is Kara's friend/love interest, in order to increase his chances of being chosen. Kara battles with Dev-Em and has him arrested for murder. Murder is rare on Krypton, and Dev is sentenced to death. Kara graduates and soon takes off in one of the scout ships. The whole fleet of ships take off to explore and help Krypton "expand". Each scout ship has a "Growth Codex" that will allow them to let the stored embryos grow into full-grown Kryptonians and help them terraform the land.

Kara and her team go to sleep in their sleep pods for the many years of travel. Kara wakes up and sees that everyone has already left their pod. She sees that the others are dead, and sees Dev-Em on the ship, alive. He was freed by council members who opposed the death penalty. He stowed away on the ship and woke up the others to access food, and killed them soon after when they were of no use. He then alters the course to the "Sol System" -our system. The ship is headed to Earth. Kara and Dev-Em battle, now with much stronger powers, and cause the ship to crash in the snow on Earth. A figure is seen leaving the ship. We then see an Inuit tribe in Canada in their hut, with a drawing of the ship crashing and the S symbol on their wall.

In present day, a signal under the ice (ice shelves thousands of years old) is picked up by mission control and they wonder who it is trying to signal. It cuts to Clark working on the Alaskan fishing boat.

That's the mystery. I don't see the point of introducing her and then killing her off so quickly. It seems more of a set up.

Holy ****!!! :wow:

thanks!!

sooo......

is it implying that Kara's ship crashed on Earth thousands of years ago, or just that it crashed into ice thousands of years old?

also, it didn't explicitly state who won the battle between Kara and Dev-Em, or whether the figure at the end was male or female??

Nope, doesn't make sense because she was piloting the ship as it landed.

She was piloting the ship as it approached the snow, but after that scene we didn't see what she did. She could have left the controls and ran into the pod before it hit the ground.

The comic is a digital download that you get when you buy a ticket. Kara is sent out to explore with a crew of Kryptonians...and things don't go as planned, things go south bad

oh, so you have to buy an advanced ticket......

do you think the comic will be available later on to everyone else??

you do know that with Dev-Em in the comic and the rumor that he was already cast in the movie (long before the comic was mentioned) there is a connection :D

oh, so you have to buy an advanced ticket......

do you think the comic will be available later on to everyone else??

you do...or get in less than reputable ways

you do know that with Dev-Em in the comic and the rumor that he was already cast in the movie (long before the comic was mentioned) there is a connection :D

there is totally a connection...and people keep trying to say it's not canon. Those people must be smoking some wacky stuff

Holy ****!!! :wow:

thanks!!

sooo......

is it implying that Kara's ship crashed on Earth thousands of years ago, or just that it crashed into ice thousands of years old?

also, it didn't explicitly state who won the battle between Kara and Dev-Em, or whether the figure at the end was male or female??

We don't know how long ago the "before" was. But, as I said on the previous page, it couldn't have been that long before Kal-El left Krypton.

So I don't think it was "thousands of years ago" Just that the ice is that old. The ship somehow gets buried under there. Maybe it was moved.

We don't know if it was Dev-Em or Kara who left the ship.

As I also said in the previous page:

-The tribe kill an animal in front of the ship, go back to the hut, and we see that the drawing of the crashing ship is on the wall. It must've been drawn recently because the ship was still there next to them as they were hunting.

-Dev-Em could've put an unconscious Kara back in the sleep pod. Maybe she lost consciousness during the crash. We see earlier that Dev-Em chose not to kill Kara, like he did the others. He says that they were "meant to be together". Maybe he intends to come back and find her again at another time.

-He also says earlier he wants to populate the Earth with Kryptonians by activating the Growth Codex in the ship. Maybe that's his plan, to return to the ship.

oh, yeah, Dev-Em is supposed to be one of Zod's henchman, right??

mo-cap dude, possibly??

if that is the case, then maybe Dev-Em is the one who signals Zod and co to come to Earth.........not Kal-El's ship!!

She was piloting the ship as it approached the snow, but after that scene we didn't see what she did. She could have left the controls and ran into the pod before it hit the ground.

lol, that's not in the comic. She was in the pilot's chair at the moment of impact. That's why she was piloting in the first place- to steer the landing. It's said "impact in 5..4..3". Then they showed her still in the pilot's chair still gripping the controls.

Maybe Dev-em attacked her again after it landed, but there's nothing to suggest she went in the cryo-chamber.

We do see someone leaving the ship after it lands.

Last edited:
We don't know how long ago the "before" was. But, as I said on the previous page, it couldn't have been long before Kal-El left Krypton.

So I don't think it was "thousands of years ago" Just that the ice is that old. The ship somehow gets buried under there. Maybe it was moved.

We don't know if it was Dev-Em or Kara who left the ship.

As I also said in the previous page:

-The tribe kill an animal in front of the ship, go back to the hut, and we see that the drawing of the crashing ship is on the wall. It must've been drawn recently because the ship was still there next to them as they were hunting.

-Dev-Em could've put an unconscious Kara back in the sleep pod. Maybe she lost consciousness during the crash. We see earlier that Dev-Em chose not to kill Kara, like he did the others. He says that they were "meant to be together". Maybe he intends to come back and find her again at another time.

-He also says earlier he wants to populate the Earth with Kryptonians by activating the Growth Codex in the ship. Maybe that's his plan, to return to the ship.

interesting, thanks!!

so.....

is Kara's ship marked with an S symbol?? why would the tribe paint the S symbol??

that means either it was Kara who walked out of the ship, wearing the S crest on her uniform, and the tribe people saw/met her.

or, the tribe searched the crashed ship, came across her body in the pod, and saw the S symbol on her.

oh, and do you mind if I post your summary in the All Thing Superman thread? with all credit to you, of course.

Last edited:
oh, yeah, Dev-Em is supposed to be one of Zod's henchman, right??

mo-cap dude, possibly??

if that is the case, then maybe Dev-Em is the one who signals Zod and co to come to Earth.........not Kal-El's ship!!

Yeah, that's why it seems more likely that Dev-Em left the ship. He joins Zod when Zod arrives on Earth. And we know an actor has been cast as Dev-Em. So the mystery is what happens to Kara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"