Full January Solicitations

TheCorpulent1 said:
No, that's ignorant. You were right when you called me ignorant, but you're wrong now that you've switched to petty personal attacks.

Also, I've never cared a whit about kung-fu comics. I barely even like a few kung-fu movies. Gulacy's early work's been almost entirely limited to Shang-Chi, a character I've never been remotely interested in. Wow, what a surprise, I haven't seen his earlier stuff because I've never been interested in the types of comics he drew. I guess that must mean I've never been a real comic reader, since real comic readers, apparently, only read kung-fu comics.

I've seen his more recent work, which was pretty abominable in JSA Classified, so I judged him on that. My guess is that he's not gonna be able to recover whatever talent he's lost overnight, so I'm betting his upcoming work will look just as bad as that JSAC arc. Hence, I stand by my statement that Gulacy's a crappy artist now. Like I said before, John Byrne's also a crappy artist now. It doesn't make his previous work any worse, nor does his previous work make his current crap any better. Your hero sucks now. Deal with it.

look, man. there's lots of creators doing genres that i don't like. but, that doesn't mean i'm not familiar with their work. i don't like horror comics. but i know richard corben, and i know he's a fantastic storyteller.

basically it comes down to this: you may not be a new person to the hype, but you're definitely under-schooled in comics.

In context of SIlent War, and its timeline within the events of CW.

Darthphere said:
Respect to what? He had a stroke, im genuinely sorry for that, Michael Turner has cancer, I feel for the guy and actually respect the dude, but im not going to sit here and say the man's art is awesome just because he had a stroke, thats ****ing ridiculous.
Did he have the stroke before or after the Spider-Man reboot?

photojones2 said:
look, man. there's lots of creators doing genres that i don't like. but, that doesn't mean i'm not familiar with their work. i don't like horror comics. but i know richard corben, and i know he's a fantastic storyteller.

basically it comes down to this: you may not be a new person to the hype, but you're definitely under-schooled in comics.
Because I didn't know of one artist who influenced a genre that I don't give a rat's ass about? Wow, I guess my knowing and appreciating graphic storytellers that range all the way back to the turn of the 20th century is invalidated because I missed Gulacy. Brilliant logic. Or, maybe, Gulacy just wasn't all that influential in the grand scheme of things. If you like him, that's fine. But try getting off whatever high horse makes you believe you need to educate us young'uns 'cause we ain't "real comic readers" for not knowing of a decent artist who's limited himself almost exclusively to one genre. We're getting along just fine.

I knew it. If me and Doc ever agreed on something, the Hype would dissolve into these kind of petty arguments. If you guys continue, I'll have to break out the Pittsburgh/Cleveland stuff.

iloveclones said:
I knew it. If me and Doc ever agreed on something, the Hype would dissolve into these kind of petty arguments. If you guys continue, I'll have to break out the Pittsburgh/Cleveland stuff.

Steelers *****.:cmad:

TheCorpulent1 said:
Because I didn't know of one artist who influenced a genre that I don't give a rat's ass about? Wow, I guess my knowing and appreciating graphic storytellers that range all the way back to the turn of the 20th century is invalidated because I missed Gulacy. Brilliant logic. Or, maybe, Gulacy just wasn't all that influential in the grand scheme of things. If you like him, that's fine. But try getting off whatever high horse makes you believe you need to educate us young'uns 'cause we ain't "real comic readers" for not knowing of a decent artist who's limited himself almost exclusively to one genre. We're getting along just fine.

are you serious?! hahaha. comics WERE genre-limiting in the 50's, 60's and 70's. you're career was not your choice.

that's why it was such a big deal when wally wood drew daredevil in the 60's.

you think people like gulacy WANTED to be stuck in kung-fu comics? HELL NO. he didn't influence his genre, he WAS his genre, d-bag. he influenced a lot of people, one being, john romita jr.

there's a ****load of fantastic artists out there, past and present, who are ingrained in genres that you or i might care nothing about. doesn't make them bad at their game, though, does it?

Ive always wondered how that evolved into an insult, anyway... Anyone know why the hell Earth's Mightiest Heroes II is ****ing $3.99?

Darthphere said:
Ive always wondered how that evolved into an insult, anyway... Anyone know why the hell Earth's Mightiest Heroes II is ****ing $3.99?

1. well, the *****ebag is, i'm guessing a fairly smelly thing.

2. cardstock cover?

Well who knows, it goes with the other 32 page books like Eternals being charged for $3.99 without explanation. And Ultimate titles have cardstock covers and theyre only $2.99.

Darthphere said:
Well who knows, it goes with the other 32 page books like Eternals being charged for $3.99 without explanation. And Ultimate titles have cardstock covers and theyre only $2.99.

well, the ultimates books sell well, so i'm guessing marvel can afford a lower price. seems like minis are always a little more expensive. not as many people buy them.

Darthphere said:
Steelers *****.:cmad:

Sorry, it just doesn't feel like an insult unless it comes from someone roasting hotdogs on the river.

iloveclones said:
Sorry, it just doesn't feel like an insult unless it comes from someone roasting hotdogs on the river.

I did my best.

iloveclones said:

Bah! Update your slams, that was the 70's!

Besides, I can't really rag on PB, my band does really well there.

Doc Destruction said:
Bah! Update your slams, that was the 70's!

Besides, I can't really rag on PB, my band does really well there.

Some classics just never go out of date!

(It was forced, though, considering the great time we had visiting the R&R Hall of fame and Science Center last summer.)

photojones2 said:
are you serious?! hahaha. comics WERE genre-limiting in the 50's, 60's and 70's. you're career was not your choice.

that's why it was such a big deal when wally wood drew daredevil in the 60's.

you think people like gulacy WANTED to be stuck in kung-fu comics? HELL NO. he didn't influence his genre, he WAS his genre, d-bag. he influenced a lot of people, one being, john romita jr.

there's a ****load of fantastic artists out there, past and present, who are ingrained in genres that you or i might care nothing about. doesn't make them bad at their game, though, does it?
No, and if your previous posts were halfway as cogent and informative as this one (barring the "d-bag" bit), I probably would've thought, "Wow, that's cool." See, the irony is that I actually love learning about artists. I even copped to my ignorance a few posts back. What I don't appreciate is people coming at me like they're titans of a given subject and I'm a 'tard simply because I was unaware of one thing. Try actually discussing points next time, instead of making personal insults and asinine claims like I couldn't possibly be a "real comic reader" because I don't think Gulacy is the be-all and end-all of comic art.

DD093_COV_col.jpg

*humps*

Oh, and photojones is possibly the most idiotically pretentious mother****er I've ever seen on the internet. Congratulations, dickbag. :up:

Haha, I was gonna have some harsh words for these:
Ben Urich said:
Nextwave canceled?!
noooooooo.jpg

Quiet, you. :cmad:
But then you totally redeemed yourself with this:
Ben Urich said:
Oh, and photojones is possibly the most idiotically pretentious mother****er I've ever seen on the internet. Congratulations, dickbag. :up:
Just for you, Urich... Daredevil's all right. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"