Full January Solicitations

He seems to be a relatively meticulous artist. Look at the way he draws hair, for example. His Thor run was very pretty.

I with The Return was a Annihilation thing and not a Civil War thing, I don't know why... I wish everything was an Annihilation thing and talking about it #6 is there so :D Seem like we learn about Quasar.

Agents of ATLAS is great fun Kirk is doing the best work of his career and I find the whole dynamic interesting.

Ant-Man still promices to be good Kirman not like Freedom Ring.

I just can't wait for more issues of the Oath, BKV seems perfect for Strange.

Illuminati has Black Bolt, so buying.

Does anyone care about Onslaught?

End of BKV's Runaways so definatly getting that.

Silent War is going to be fantastic, I already know it.

I give up on Squadron Supreme, since it went off MAX it went dull and now I havn't seen an issue in months, so this Hyperon vs. Nighthawk. I just pass.

Seems to be.

Looks like it is one of those "Ohno Civil War is taking 3 years to write we'll pump out some one shots so people don't forget that the Marvel Universe is changing" books.

Darthphere said:
Theres a funny thing called an opinion, and we live in 2006, nto 1970, his art TODAY sucks.

he had a mother effing stroke! his stuff might not as good as it was back in the day, but that's because he's had to LEARN TO DRAW WITH HIS LEFT HAND.

i liked byrne's stuff a LOT better 30 years ago. that doesn't make him any less legendary.

my god. show some respect.

photojones2 said:
he had a mother effing stroke! his stuff might not as good as it was back in the day, but that's because he's had to LEARN TO DRAW WITH HIS LEFT HAND.

i liked byrne's stuff a LOT better 30 years ago. that doesn't make him any less legendary.

my god. show some respect.

Respect to what? He had a stroke, im genuinely sorry for that, Michael Turner has cancer, I feel for the guy and actually respect the dude, but im not going to sit here and say the man's art is awesome just because he had a stroke, thats ****ing ridiculous.

Darthphere said:
Im more offended by the fact that theyre bringing Darfur into the comics than Gulacy being called a legend.

that's respect?

you don't have to like his art TODAY. art is, in fact subjective. but at least acknowledge the fact that he's done some pretty influential, and amazing work in the past 30 odd years.

Actually I dont. And I dont believe he did.

I dont think hes that influential. Steranko, Adams, Kirby, Windsor Smith, Joe Kubert, those are legends in my books, Gulacy is not.

I hadn't even heard of Gulacy before that JSAC arc, and I'm pretty well-informed about mainstream comic artists. Sucks that he had a stroke and I'm sorry for the guy, but that doesn't make his current art any better.

Darthphere said:
I dont think hes that influential. Steranko, Adams, Kirby, Windsor Smith, Joe Kubert, those are legends in my books, Gulacy is not.

opinions are opinions, but that's kind of a dumb one.

one can definitely tell who's a real reader of comics, and who's just a reader of the last 10 or so years, with statements like that. i bet you don't even own anything by kirby or kubert. you've just seen some things online and read what other's had to say those guys.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I hadn't even heard of Gulacy before that JSAC arc, and I'm pretty well-informed about mainstream comic artists. Sucks that he had a stroke and I'm sorry for the guy, but that doesn't make his current art any better.

like i said, art is subjective. you don't have to like it.

it's your ignorance that bothers me.

photojones2 said:
opinions are opinions, but that's kind of a dumb one.

one can definitely tell who's a real reader of comics, and who's just a reader of the last 10 or so years, with statements like that. i bet you don't even own anything by kirby or kubert. you've just seen some things online and read what other's had to say those guys.

Youre right, totally right. Im just a young'n who dont know nothing about nothing I reckon. Funny enough, I didnt need to come up with a sob story to try to get people to respect anyone. Whatever dude, its pretty clear that you have some odd grudge against me, so please go on about your business and ill stay over ehre and stand behind my statement that Gulacy isnt as legandary as some of you think he is.

Ill try to learn from you what a "real reader of comics" is.

You'll have to go to photojones for all your comics now. Apparently all you've read so far are fake comics.
photojones2 said:
like i said, art is subjective. you don't have to like it.

it's your ignorance that bothers me.
I've looked up some of his earlier work, and he was pretty good. But he's still really bad now. Sorry I don't worship at his altar because of his earlier stuff.

I wonder what's so crucial that Cap #25 can't come out until CW #7 is out.Sure Cap is the main guy and all,but there has to be more too it.

GNR4Life said:
I wonder what's so crucial that Cap #25 can't come out until CW #7 is out.Sure Cap is the main guy and all,but there has to be more too it.

Maybe in CW #7 Cap leaves the country or something, and #25 explores that.

TheCorpulent1 said:
You'll have to go to photojones for all your comics now. Apparently all you've read so far are fake comics.

I need to buy some pieces by Kubert and Kirby because I cant be fans of theirs without owning any of their work.

TheCorpulent1 said:

I've looked up some of his earlier work, and he was pretty good. But he's still really bad now. Sorry I don't worship at his altar because of his earlier stuff.

you don't have to like it. i don't like neal adams. i just don't. but at least i respect the guy for what he's done for comics.

you have this ignorance about your posts. example:

TheCorpulent1 said:
Jesus, Paul Gulacy's a comic book legend? Does that mean, like, legendarily bad?

now, you've just said, you never heard of him before some work he did for dc. that's ******ed. someone who loves comics (i think), would go, "oh, paul gulacy...yeah, dude pretty much invented kung-fu comics...hmm..." instead, you make these asinine comments about how bad he is without even knowing who he is, or his body of work.

that's DUMB.

Photojones is the only poster on here that loves comics, let the mass suicide begin. And I thought I was on a high horse.

Darthphere said:
Photojones is the only poster on here that loves comics, let the mass suicide begin. And I thought I was on a high horse.

you're a moron.

but seriously, how can you claim to like old-school guys like kirby with out owning their work. you can't look through the interiors and see what a good storyteller he was. all you see is the avengers #1 cover google.images.com. so don't pretend to know comics if you don't.

photojones2 said:
you're a moron.

but seriously, how can you claim to like old-school guys like kirby with out owning their work. you can't look through the interiors and see what a good storyteller he was. all you see is the avengers #1 cover google.images.com. so don't pretend to know comics if you don't.

Well they have these things called Masterworks and Essentials now, and really on torrents you could download any old school comic you want. So I maybe a moron, but youre arguments are ****ing idiotic. Because in truth, you got a point but the way you present it with such pretentious comments like people "one can definitely tell who's a real reader of comics" and "someone who loves comics" it pretty much ruins any good argument you had. So dude, you may think Gulacy is a legend, thats cool, I dont and it has nothing to do with a lack of respect but a difference in opinion. If you cant leave it at that then whatever, as far as im concerned, this conversation is over.

photojones2 said:
you don't have to like it. i don't like neal adams. i just don't. but at least i respect the guy for what he's done for comics.

you have this ignorance about your posts. example:

now, you've just said, you never heard of him before some work he did for dc. that's ******ed. someone who loves comics (i think), would go, "oh, paul gulacy...yeah, dude pretty much invented kung-fu comics...hmm..." instead, you make these asinine comments about how bad he is without even knowing who he is, or his body of work.

that's DUMB.
No, that's ignorant. You were right when you called me ignorant, but you're wrong now that you've switched to petty personal attacks.

Also, I've never cared a whit about kung-fu comics. I barely even like a few kung-fu movies. Gulacy's early work's been almost entirely limited to Shang-Chi, a character I've never been remotely interested in. Wow, what a surprise, I haven't seen his earlier stuff because I've never been interested in the types of comics he drew. I guess that must mean I've never been a real comic reader, since real comic readers, apparently, only read kung-fu comics.

I've seen his more recent work, which was pretty abominable in JSA Classified, so I judged him on that. My guess is that he's not gonna be able to recover whatever talent he's lost overnight, so I'm betting his upcoming work will look just as bad as that JSAC arc. Hence, I stand by my statement that Gulacy's a crappy artist now. Like I said before, John Byrne's also a crappy artist now. It doesn't make his previous work any worse, nor does his previous work make his current crap any better. Your hero sucks now. Deal with it.

So yeah, SIlent War is going to kick all kinds of ass. I wonder though about the Fantastic Four.

You wonder about them in the context of Silent War, or in general?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"