The Last Jedi Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker (VIII)

I think it would have worked better if Luke just dropped the saber instead of throwing it, but it does parallel with Luke throwing his saber at the end of ROTJ, which would have been the last time we saw him use one on screen. It's not exactly the same act in context, but they're both instances of Luke choosing not to fight. In ROTJ he does it out of love for his father and in defiance of the Emperor's machinations, in TLJ he does it out of a pessimistic fear that if he fights he will fail again. Ironically, what he does at the end of the film is still him not fighting but this time it's victorious, holding true to the ideal Jedi ethic of non-violence as he had at the end of ROTJ.

Google translation said:
So, rather than dissecting Luke's personality or debating his influence in pop culture, he evokes the turn that the Lucas saga takes. Last December, he said he was "shocked" by the performance of Rian Johnson, director of The Last Jedis , which brought radical changes to the character of Skywalker. A few weeks later, the star backpedaled, saying regret his words and subscribe to this development. Today, he reaffirms his initial position ... taking more tweezers: "It's not just me. The fans would have wanted Luke's fate to take another direction. I like being out of my comfort zone, but that was pretty extreme. "
Google translation said:
Mark Hamill speaks with nostalgia of a man who has gradually lost his bearings with the departure of Harrison Ford and the death of Carrie Fischer. "The hard part was saying goodbye to my sister. On the set of new movies, I went all the time in his dressing room, and vice versa, because we had too much fun together. I had a thing for her when we were young, but I always said that it must be the kind of tough girlfriend, which takes your breath away, but we regret forever. Remains George Lucas, whom he calls "regularly" despite his retirement. We imagine them comforting each other. "It will never be the same again without him. When I have George on the phone, we are talking about the 7th and the 8th. But I will not betray his trust and I will keep what he tells me confidential. I'm sure it was very hard for him to let go of his creation, just as it is for me to be part of something when he is no longer our guide. But you have to cash in and hope for the best. Hope the best, but expect the worst. "

http://www.lepoint.fr/pop-culture/c...e-sens-prisonnier-20-04-2018-2212166_2923.php (April 20, 2018)

6de488866242804.jpg

Kinda wish they didn't dye his hair and beard, but Johnson's explanation makes sense.

This analysis of the duel actually make more sense. As it actually is more a traditional view point of a Jedi than a spectacle.

^^ watched that video yesterday. Explains why that scene is so damn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"