Mark Millar/Dave Gibbon's THE SECRET SERVICE - Directed By Matthew Vaughn

This is going to be Matthew Vaughn's biggest movie yet!

Now in production, Matthew Vaughn's adaptation of the Mark Millar comic series The Secret Service has added Sofia Boutella to the cast, Deadline reports. She joins a cast that includes Colin Firth, Taron Egerton, Michael Caine, Samuel L. Jackson and Sophie Cookson.

Like his previous Millar adaptation, Kick-Ass, Matthew Vaughn has co-written the screenplay with Jane Goldman and will also direct and produce the project through his MARV Films banner.

The series, illustrated by Dave Gibbons, tells the story of a British secret agent, Jake (Firth), who recruits and begins to train his rebellious nephew, Gary (Egerton).

Although she's not yet a big name domestically, Boutella recently headlined France's Streetdance 2 and is set to star in the upcoming Monsters: Dark Continent. In The Secret Service, she'll play the film's lead female antagonist.

The Secret Service is set for a November 14, 2014 release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180009-sofia-boutella-enlists-for-the-secret-service

Well, she certainly has the femme-fatale look to her. When was Michael Caine cast, I didn't hear about that?

That late October date doesn't spell confidence. Halloween falls the Friday after that, which tends to seriously deplete the box office weekend.

But if it's good, who know how it'll do.

That late October date doesn't spell confidence. Halloween falls the Friday after that, which tends to seriously deplete the box office weekend.

But if it's good, who know how it'll do.

Nah, a January release would've been bad.

Also, Gravity proved that you can make major money in October. It's September that's a major drought month.

Some great reactions from the footage they showed at CinemaCon:

‏@colliderfrosty 1m
Colin Firth kicked so much ass in SECRET SERVICE it was crazy. Liam Neeson better watch his back. You will be floored by the footage.

Ben Fritz ‏@benfritz 3m
Biggest surprise at Fox Cinema-Con presentation was the Secret Service footage. Very unusual tone

Chris Sylvia ‏@sylvioso 6m
Colin Firth in Secret Service was the knock-out punch of #Cinemacon

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty 10m
Saw first footage from SECRET SERVICE. Looks ****ing amazing. We saw an action scene that used slow and fast motion in a brilliant new way

Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing 17m
Whattt Matthew Vaughn's Secret Service looks awesome! Badass fights, fun comedy, like Men in Black meets James Bond or something. #CinemaCon

Mystery Devin Faraci ‏@devincf 17m
First footage from SECRET SERVICE: great! Matthew Vaughn operating at his best with broad/fun action.

Pamela McClintock ‏@PamelaDayM 17m
First footage of Matthew Vaughn's 'Secret Service' plays @CinemaCon: James Bond meets 'Kick-Ass'

Alexandra Cheney ‏@alexandracheney 18m
“Secret Service” @20thFoxCC = #colinfirth kicking butt. #CinemaCon

Mark Millar should just end his ongoing projects before going into another, there's that super soldiers story he had that hasn't had a new issue in years.

Footage was insane! Definitely Vaughns best choreographed fight scene. It was like the Hitgirls fight from KA1 meets one of Edgar Wrights battles from Worlds End and James Bond. Very stylized, violent, gadgets and full of energy. :up::up:

Firth full on ****ed people up.

Should be online next week + shown with DoFP.

kingsmanpostersmall.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/featur...r-matthew-vaughns-kingsman-the-secret-service

I've never seen the lead kid before, but he looks like a young Sam Worthington to me. Hopefully that's the only similarity they share, lol. But yeah, looks decent so far. I generally loathe Millar's writing, but Vaughn's the one guy who's managed make a great movie from it in the past, so I have hope for this.

Looks fairly generic. Young male who is talented but reckless and directionless is recruited into a secret organization.

That's Millar for you. Vaughn's specialty is making his mediocre/bland comics better and more interesting.

Vaughn has a great sense of style, and that is also what I like most about this trailer. Otherwise I'm not sold, he managed to make Kick-Ass good, but this looks like an even harder task to make compelling.

I love Matthew Vaughn. Damn, does he know how to shoot a film or what? If only Emma Watson had agreed to the offered role, this could have been perfect for me. Instead it is just mostly perfect. :)

I watched Kick Ass 2 the other day. Big mistake. I was missing Matthew Vaughn's highly developed sense of style over the pathetic imitation of that style which failed to understand how it even worked minutes into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"