Marvel: New Spidey Game & Ultimate Alliance (Sequel announced.)

God, let's hope not! I want a straight-up 616 game, no more confinements to any particular movies or series or alternate universe.

I want a Spider-Man with a big history to draw from and tons of unlockable, which includes countless of different costumes. 616 is the way to go.

616 is caught up with Brand New Day atm and no one knows the outcome from all of that. =/ But I think it's a lot more plausible to be Spectacular Spider-Man related than 616.

However, with Kids WB! being ended in September 2008, the future of Spectacular Spider-Man is kind of unknownish since 4Kids is getting their grubby anime-killing mitts on Kids WB!'s programming.

Anyway, 616 is a good basis, but if ya REALLY think about it...it just doesn't seem possible anymore, not with the new show, three new movies, and Ultimate Spider-Man's face plastered over 616 logos.

I say, we want 616, we need to e-mail Activision's Development Support thing. I already gave them my idea so I'm accounted for, what about everyone else?

616 is caught up with Brand New Day atm and no one knows the outcome from all of that. =/ But I think it's a lot more plausible to be Spectacular Spider-Man related than 616.

Just because the whole Brand New Day mess is going on, that doesn't necessarily mean that the game would've to be based on the current comics. Just like Spider-Man 1 and Enter Electro weren't based on any specific comic arc.

We've got over 40 years worth of Spider-Man comics, that the people at Activision can use to form and shape their own unique story. I don't want to play as another Highschool Spidey that has to learn his moves because he's new in the business like the Ultimate Spider-Man game, or fight against a reimagined rogue's gallery. I want to have a Spider-Man game with the version of the character I freaking grew up with.

Just because the whole Brand New Day mess is going on, that doesn't necessarily mean that the game would've to be based on the current comics. Just like Spider-Man 1 and Enter Electro weren't based on any specific comic arc.

We've got over 40 years worth of Spider-Man comics, that the people at Activision can use to form and shape their own unique story. I don't want to play as another Highschool Spidey that has to learn his moves because he's new in the business like the Ultimate Spider-Man game, or fight against a reimagined rogue's gallery. I want to have a Spider-Man game with the version of the character I freaking grew up with.

Yea, and Spider-Man: Friend or Foe wasn't based off of a comic or movie and look how that turned out. =/

We all want the old-school Spider-Man but people now want a character that everyone can relate with. What we're asking for is like the whole hardcore vs casual argument on Wii. We want "hardcore" Spider-Man while Activision will most likely create "casual" Spider-Man...to be enjoyed by everyone.

I could be wrong (hopefully) and they make a 616 game using some of our ideas, but it just doesn't seem plausible right now. Not unless we let them know what we want.

Know why there weren't many female characters in M:UA? The groups of people they surveyed wanted mostly males not females. Only when they polled people on M:UA VIP did they learn the opposite. Assuming they've got some kind of survey group on this new game, we need to appeal to Activision MORE than they do. Thus, e-mail them (don't do a petition, those never work).

Yea, and Spider-Man: Friend or Foe wasn't based off of a comic or movie and look how that turned out. =/

That wasn't a free roam game. It was a brawler and a lazy attempt to cash in on the Movie franchise by advertising this to little kids. Just because that game did poorly, that doesn't automatically mean another game with a unique story would be just as bad.

That wasn't a free roam game. It was a brawler and a lazy attempt to cash in on the Movie franchise by advertising this to little kids. Just because that game did poorly, that doesn't automatically mean another game with a unique story would be just as bad.

Depends on who's writing it. Arguably, the last good written Spider-Man game was written by Brian Michael Bendis himself...and that was based on Ultimate Spider-Man's Venom saga. That was back in 2005...3 years ago.

Depends on who's writing it. Arguably, the last good written Spider-Man game was written by Brian Michael Bendis himself...and that was based on Ultimate Spider-Man's Venom saga. That was back in 2005...3 years ago.
true. The Ultimate Spider-man game did have a good story. I hope Venom is playable again in this upcoming Spidey game. But I bet it won't happen.

I was waiting so long for another Spider-Man game with Venom playable since I played Maximum Carnage. You can't believe how disappointed I was when I got Ultimate Spider-Man and Venom turned out to be nothing more than Hulk like with some tendril action. I finally want a game where I can play as 616 Venom.

Again, we all do but the chances of that are VERY slim unless they do something along the gameplay lines of XML/XML2/M:UA or something with an original storyline. They seemed to like that with FoF, so I'd say a more "mature" version is possible.

A game based on original ideas is a lot more plausible than something 616 based is. Even M:UA isn't 616 based, nor is XML2 to a fault (it's AoA universe based). I don't know about XML, never played it.

Both XML games as well as MUA can't be narrowed down to a single universe influence, as they all draw from both Ultimate, 616 and the movies.

Both XML games as well as MUA can't be narrowed down to a single universe influence, as they all draw from both Ultimate, 616 and the movies.

It was an example of how mature they are in storyline compared to FoF and how they may take that route with the new Spidey game's original storyline.

Basically, we want a 616 game which we most likely will not get. We'll most likely get an original storyline game pulled from Ultimate, 616, and the new show it just depends on if it's mature (XML 1/2 and M:UA) or kiddy (FoF).

How would you all feel about a Beat'em'up with spidey. Black Cat, Venom, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange....like all of spidey's friends or partners can be selected along the way and then there's like plenty of levels with as much detail as Marvel: Nemesis...but with a non-dumb storyline.

Like how about a Maximum carnage remake?

How would you all feel about a Beat'em'up with spidey. Black Cat, Venom, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange....like all of spidey's friends or partners can be selected along the way and then there's like plenty of levels with as much detail as Marvel: Nemesis...but with a non-dumb storyline.

Like how about a Maximum carnage remake?
That sounds like Friend or Foe with better graphics

I played Friend or Foe, it was actually set up to be an awesome game but then they didn't pull off what people needed.

It was an example of how mature they are in storyline compared to FoF and how they may take that route with the new Spidey game's original storyline.

Basically, we want a 616 game which we most likely will not get. We'll most likely get an original storyline game pulled from Ultimate, 616, and the new show it just depends on if it's mature (XML 1/2 and M:UA) or kiddy (FoF).

Well, I'd hardly say the Legends or the Ultimate Alliance games are paragons of mature story telling. They're pretty much the stuff of Saturday Morning cartoons.

MUA/Legends can have some odd dialogue. Alot of the characters talk like they came straight out of a comic.

Like Iceman in XML1. ''I can change my body to subzero temperatures.'' Really, what teenager talks like that?

I think MUa wasn't necessarily kiddie, but it was WAY simple- it was like Superhero Games for Dummies, not in gameplay, but in simplicity of story.
But XML1 and 2 were like that too, with all of their "Hi, I'm Magneto, I am a mutant who controls magnetism. I have known Charles Xavier for many years blah blah blah!"

I think MUA2 could be a little less generic with the dialogue and the story

Well, I'd hardly say the Legends or the Ultimate Alliance games are paragons of mature story telling. They're pretty much the stuff of Saturday Morning cartoons.

Compared to FoF, it's tons more mature.

MUA/Legends can have some odd dialogue. Alot of the characters talk like they came straight out of a comic.

Like Iceman in XML1. ''I can change my body to subzero temperatures.'' Really, what teenager talks like that?

But...he can. :huh: It only makes sense that he says it. D:

We all want the old-school Spider-Man but people now want a character that everyone can relate with. What we're asking for is like the whole hardcore vs casual argument on Wii. We want "hardcore" Spider-Man while Activision will most likely create "casual" Spider-Man...to be enjoyed by everyone.
whats funny though is that these big companies don't realize is that if they make the games for the hardcore people they will actually make more money. having Spider-man plastered on the cover guarentees sales, making the game actually deep adds to those sales

anyone heard of a game called spiderman and venom: seperation anxiety...i think that game kicked ass...just like maximum carnage but 2p co-op...great game

whats funny though is that these big companies don't realize is that if they make the games for the hardcore people they will actually make more money. having Spider-man plastered on the cover guarentees sales, making the game actually deep adds to those sales

Yea, I agree. They just don't understand it is all. Sure, you can argue that both Activision and Nintendo make hardcore games, but they're always dumbed down in some way (at least for Nintendo).

Oh, according to IGN, M:UA 2 comes out on PS2, 360, PS3, Wii, DS, and PC. Still no mention of PSP. I don't know if it's possible, but it may not come out on that handheld.

anyone heard of a game called spiderman and venom: seperation anxiety...i think that game kicked ass...just like maximum carnage but 2p co-op...great game

Heard of it? I HAVE it. I own all SNES Spider-Man games, including the games he cameoed in. Yes, I'm VERY proud of this fact. :woot:

In fact, Spider-Man and Venom: Separation Anxiety is the sequel to Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage.

I like the game, but really, no one plays beat-em ups anymore. It's all about the shiny graphics, the exclusives, the powers, etc. EA's Marvel beat-em-up is cancelled (along with all other EA and Marvel games for now), along with Marvel's MMORPG.

I did hear from another website (can't remember which, it's buried in my browser's history) that this Spidey game will be all new. Meaning it won't be a sequel to anything. I still think it won't be 616 based though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"