Marvel: New Spidey Game & Ultimate Alliance (Sequel announced.)

Hank Pym/Wasp; I just don't see how they could make the size changing work in this kind of multi-player enviroment.

Uh... Like they handled Juggernaut and the Hulk's boosts that made them grow in size...? :whatever:

Cable; A character that seldom appears outside X-titles, whose powers are mostly overshadowed by his stupid, giant, future guns. Until someone finds a costume for this guy that doesn't suck, and makes him something other than an angsty '90s goon with powers he can barely use, not gonna happen.

Psylocke; I like Psylocke, but just like Cable, she's a relativly obscure X-character, and her powers in XML weren't great.

Bishop; See Cable.

Punisher/Nick fury; One or the other, both becomes redundant.

Thats why Psylocke was a hair from being playable in MUA right? Cable and Bishop were great in XML2, but I see Cable making it over Bishop. Having Nick and Punisher both would not be redundant if done right.

Uh... Like they handled Juggernaut and the Hulk's boosts that made them grow in size...? :whatever:

Uh... you know that's not even remotely the same right? Hulk may have changed slightly in size in MUA, Hank Pym on the other hand can grow like 10 times his normal size and Wasp shrinks to the size of an insect.

Uh... you know that's not even remotely the same right? Hulk may have changed slightly in size in MUA, Hank Pym on the other hand can grow like 10 times his normal size and Wasp shrinks to the size of an insect.

Pym's growth would be very easy to achieve, all it'd take was for the developers to increase the size of the character model when boosted. As for Wasp, she's even simpler. So what if she can shrink? As long as there's that circle under her position, we can always turn her toward enemies and fire her sting away. What, don't tell me you actually look at the character models' faces to see which way they're looking when you maneuver them to attack someone in-game...? I usually do it by instinct and more often looking at the pad than at the TV.

I could see Wasp working, Her shrrink move could make her look small and give her huge agaility and speed boost and maybe increase her power damage or something- could be neat!
Hank Pym, I'm not so sure would work unless they wanted to make variable sized characters, which would change the level design and layout SO dramatcally, I don't think it'd be worth it
Punisher seems like an obvious choice to me. Persoanlly, I could libe without him, but he's iconic and popular and would be easy to add to game like MUA

Pym's growth would be very easy to achieve, all it'd take was for the developers to increase the size of the character model when boosted. As for Wasp, she's even simpler. So what if she can shrink? As long as there's that circle under her position, we can always turn her toward enemies and fire her sting away. What, don't tell me you actually look at the character models' faces to see which way they're looking when you maneuver them to attack someone in-game...? I usually do it by instinct and more often looking at the pad than at the TV.

Damn- you beat me! :bh: Hulk smash!

If the next game is still a hack'n slash style game ala Diabolo, Pym's and Wasp's growth/shrink effect would be really impractical. Unless you're in an open environment, you'd just be in the way as Pym and what fun is it to play as a character that is nothing more than a small black dot on the screen?

There are certain characters people keep listing that are, quite frankly, NEVER going to happen:

Hank Pym/Wasp; I just don't see how they could make the size changing work in this kind of multi-player enviroment.

Cable; A character that seldom appears outside X-titles, whose powers are mostly overshadowed by his stupid, giant, future guns. Until someone finds a costume for this guy that doesn't suck, and makes him something other than an angsty '90s goon with powers he can barely use, not gonna happen.

Psylocke; I like Psylocke, but just like Cable, she's a relativly obscure X-character, and her powers in XML weren't great.

Bishop; See Cable.

Shang-Chi; Redundant Iron Fist. If he makes it at all, it will be as one of Danny's costumes.

Punisher/Nick fury; One or the other, both becomes redundant.

Shadowcat; Intangability was used resonabley well for Martian Manhunter in Justice League Heroes, but they'll want to prioritize that power for Vision, so Kitty would probably only be playable in X-men games.

lol, wait what?

Every single one of those characters has a chance. You must've not been around when M:UA VIP had the mission where you tell them which character you'd most like to see. Some of those characters were mentioned. :X Punisher has been wanted ever since M:UA 1 was being developed.

Oh, and Psylocke ALMOST made it in but was dropped at the very last second.

You need to brush up on M:UA stuff...oh, and calm down with the bold and huge text...not really needed. >_>;

shadowdog just expressed it nicely, but I'll drive the point home even further: the fun would be in flitting around enemies pumping them full of Janet's bio-sting while her size reduction would make her increasingly hard to hit. Think of it as a different implementation of Sue's invisibility, or the Black Panther and Fury's stealth boost in MUA1. Shrinking makes the Wasp very difficult to hit (unless it's a radial or something) but we can still know where she is because of those circle thingies under the characters.

As for Pym, he wouldn't (nor should) go all the way up to his maximum height in the comics. Just 1/3 bigger than - or twice as big - pumped-up Juggernaut/Hulk, while gaining huge strike bonuses, would do the trick.

They've both been made to work by amateur modders, FYI.

I would just like better graphics especially for the sequel to MUA. I'm sort of over lazy, cartoonish graphics in a current gen(next gen?) world

For MUA 2 I just want better graphics, better animations heroes and villains combined to fight Calactus, and in total to play about 40 characters.

I hope the new spidey game features a story and versus mode with some other characters who have connectionsto spider-man like Iron Man and The human torch apearing as wel..

Ah! What?! Sequel?! Ah!

And yes, under a rock.

I'd like for MUA for you to be able to save whenever you want instead of a SHIELD check point.

shadowdog just expressed it nicely, but I'll drive the point home even further: the fun would be in flitting around enemies pumping them full of Janet's bio-sting while her size reduction would make her increasingly hard to hit. Think of it as a different implementation of Sue's invisibility, or the Black Panther and Fury's stealth boost in MUA1. Shrinking makes the Wasp very difficult to hit (unless it's a radial or something) but we can still know where she is because of those circle thingies under the characters.

As for Pym, he wouldn't (nor should) go all the way up to his maximum height in the comics. Just 1/3 bigger than - or twice as big - pumped-up Juggernaut/Hulk, while gaining huge strike bonuses, would do the trick.

They've both been made to work by amateur modders, FYI.

How boring is that? Just twice as big or a third? If at all I want to at least grow 50ft big. Why else bother to play as Giant Man? And again, Wasp? Great, I'm playing as a black dot with a colored circle around it. Awesome.

You'd find it awesome when the in-game character proved to be as good of a support character as the Invisible Woman... Pym wouldn't be big enough, Wasp would be too small... Geez.

Those are their powers in the comics. He grows, she shrinks. This would be as close as it would get right to portray them even remotely accurately.

But for a game such as MUA you couldn't really be faithful to their powers. Pym woul only be twice as big and Wasp barely visible. Now if they were working on a game similar to maybe Hulk Ultimate Destruction or other 3rd person Marvel games that would be a whole different story. You could actually grow with Pym 50-100ft tall walk between buildings and just knock the **** out of opponents. Or as Wasp you could actually fly around people's heads and hit their vital points. But for a game like MUA they simply wouldn't be suitable.

Well, the Cap can't exactly telekinetically maneuver his shield either, and he does in MUA. Some liberties have to be taken to use their powers in a game environment, we just have to deal with that... I'd rather have them playable with a few liberties taken power-wise than not have them at all.

You're not honestly comparing it to Cap's shield move are you? Sure, he can't telekinetically move it in the comics, but it's a fun Move that doesn't downgrade the character. What you're talking about is turning Pym into nothing more than a shadow of his real self by half assing his growth effect. I rather not have him and Wasp at all if they can't be done justice.

He doesn't always grow to his maximum height in the comics. I'm pretty sure Bill Foster wasn't fully Pym-ed up when he got fried by Clor... None of these characters can or will ever be made true, complete justice in any medium outside of comics. We just have to accept any changes that are made to suit them to the particular medium in question, videogames in this case.

As long as they aren't extreme changes, that is.

Bottomline: even if Giant Man/Yellowjacket/whatever-codename-he's-using-that-week doesn't grow to 50-100ft in the game, people will still know him for who he is and enjoy playing as him. Same goes for Wasp, with her shrinking and bio-sting.

What levels should there be?

I wouldn't mind going back to the Skrull world fighting more Skrulls

Galactus' city size space ship should be a level
Negative Zone
Wakanda
the Savage Land
Marvel Manhattan
Battle Planet (from Secret Wars)

Why the Negative Zone? Don't get me wrong, I'd love it, because Annihilus is never in the games and he'd be sure to pop up there, but I figure this will be more about Galactus, given how the last game ended.

By the way, I will be a sad, sad person of Iron Fist isn't in the game.

The Negative Zone because Annihilation is still fresh in the fans' minds. I didn't say Annihilus would be the main baddie, I said he stands a 97% chance of being in as a stage boss and what better stage than the Zone?

Ok, maybe never was a bit of a stretch, but you get my point; some of the characters that are on the lists people keep making are just not feasable. And I don't know about you, but I don't really see the need for more than 2 or 3 "guys with guns" in a superhero game. Superheroes are supposed to have either powers or special skills, or both, rather than carry around a bunch of ordinary weapons any jackass can get his hands on. So, if we have Punisher, do really need two other guys whose "powers" come from a gun show? That's why I'd rather not see Cable, Bishop, or Fury. Now Deadpool, on the other hand, has swordsmanship and a healing ability, plus he's hilarious, so if he makes the cut, I won't complain. I want Psylocke to be in this, but if she doesn't make it, I'll understand.

P.S. I always use this size, font and color.

IMHO, Deadpool should've been limited to the X-Men Legends games. In the context of the greater Marvel Universe, there are other characters who fully deserved to have been included before he were ever even considered...

Such as the Punisher.

I agree that too many "guys with guns" is a bad thing. Punisher, Blade, Nick Fury and the Black Widow should suffice (and make up a bonus team of gunfighters).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"