Marvel Now - Part 5

God damn. Nearly everything is $3.99. This is getting out of hand. Gonna have to drop a few books.

It was always headed that way. I'm more shocked there are any 2.99 books left.

The next jump is $4.99 comic. There are quite a few "oversized" comics in there for that price, and that's exactly how the $3.99 started. They started phasing out comics under $2.99 while starting to push $3.99 comics with extra pages.

I'd be shocked if anything coming out beyond this year is $2.99. I'm genuinely shocked any of these are $2.99. Why price Magneto at $3.99 but Nightcrawler at $2.99? It makes no sense.

I remember reading that Ed brubaker took a pay cut so that Winter Solider could be 2.99 a few years back. Maybe Claremont took a pay cut. I just say Deadpool #27 is going to be 9.99. It's obviously super sized, but the escalation is still concerning.

Yeah, I'm not happy about TWO issues of Superior Spider-Man in April at $4.99 each.

The story has been so freaking good though. I'd hate to say it but I'll pay the price. What can I say? They got me by the b***s.

they should make black and white versions of all the comics and sell em for $2 bucks less

The story has been so freaking good though. I'd hate to say it but I'll pay the price. What can I say? They got me by the b***s.

Oh, I will be buying, as well. I love that book. I was wrong, though. It's one Superior and one Amazing, but you get the idea.

Speaking of Amazing, I REALLY wish they were picking it up with issue #701.

But then all the idiot comic book fans who can only count from 1 to 10 might get confused and not buy it. Those triple digits are so confusing. :(

But then all the idiot comic book fans who can only count from 1 to 10 might get confused and not buy it. Those triple digits are so confusing. :(

Also, what "ruins" the concept of original numbering (like how issue #15 is all of a sudden issue #400 because of some milestone) is all of the useless .1/.NOW issues. I wonder how those will affect overall issue numbering over time.

I still stand by Amazing Spider-Man #699.1 being the biggest waste of time, pointless, money-grab comic I can think of. It wasn't even a Spider-Man story and came in the middle of this awesome Spider-Man book, messing with the flow of the story, IMO, just to pimp the new Morbius book.

They did the same with the .1 issue starring Venom. It was a good issue but had nothing to do with Spider-Man. The majority of crap Marvel does these days are money grabs. Constant relaunching, .#s/words, and junk like that, artificial milestones, etc. It has nothing to do with story and world building. It's about getting a few extra bucks.

Granted, they're a company that needs money to succeed, but I think they've created a model that only hurts their company. Sales look nice, but their organization and character history kinda sucks.

DC is following suite, with the marathon of line/company wide events and continuity that does not make sense on any conceivable level.

Speaking of DC, was there ever any point to the much ballyhooed Trinity War event? There was 2 years worth of build behind it, wasn't there? Wasn't it pretty much the payoff to them doing the reboot to begin with?

I'm curious because it seems like there wasn't a lot of buzz around it.

From what I can tell it was all to set up Forever Evil.

Of course it was. :o

That's all comic events are anymore.....a never ending trip down a rabbit hole.

Trinity War wasn't really much of an event though. It was a pretty straight forward story that was a total of 11 issues (the man 6 parts in the three Justice League books, 1 Constantine, 1 Phantom Stranger, and 3 Pandora if you count the 1st issue lead-in). If anything the book was simply a prelude to Forever Evil, which is still playing with the original premises of the New 52. From what I hear, Forever Evil is the defining chapter of the opening plots of the New 52 and will lead into the next stage of the new continuity.

LOKIAOA2014001-DC11-LR-22084.jpg

LOKIAOA2014001-DC21-LR-56681.jpg

LOKIAOA2014001-int-LR2-1-fc8b2.jpg

LOKIAOA2014001-int-LR2-2-44dd9.jpg

LOKIAOA2014001-int-LR2-3-b7c95.jpg

LOKIAOA2014001-int-LR2-4-327ff.jpg

LOKIAOA2014001-int-LR2-5-d7910.jpg

LOKIAOA2014001-int-LR2-6-d8926.jpg

Loki looks pretty good. I can't afford to pick it up, but it looks like it'll be a fun series.

Ms. Marvel looks interesting, but it's a bit off putting how they are making shoving her religion to the fore of the story.

"Look guys, she's Muslim! You've never seen that before, she's totally unique!" (Y'know, except for the other Muslim characters in the Marvel universe.)

I look forward to seeing if it can find it's own voice. It would be nice to have another female hero at the forefront.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"