Marvel Now - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it, there are enough blonde men at Marvel. Should've kept him brunette for diversity's sake. :cmad:

I thought DnA probably strayed from Giffen's vision there..I mean there was a reason he didnt become starlord during that series.(and to a lessor extent they did this with rich, who lost his scar and was throwing out "blue blazes" less than a year later)

That being said DnA did a good job.

Giffen put Peter back in the Star-Lord identity. The whole Guardians of the Galaxy formula of a small strike force led by Peter came from Giffen's Star-Lord mini-series during Annihilation: Conquest.

I forgot he wrote that

But even still I'm still not sure it was his actual vision for quill...I'm not sure for whatever reasons he was calling the shots as much at that point.

Last edited:
Here's a bigger version of the Marvel Now Ed McGuinness pic with some of the characters in the new Marvel Now suits, and other characters that are to be featured across Marvel Now books.

2612140-marvel_now.jpg

Didn't see this posted...

Previews of Matt Fraction and Mark Bagley's Fantastic Four:

fantastic1.png

fantastic2.png

fantastic3.png

fantastic4.png

Actually looks pretty awesome!

Here's a bigger version of the Marvel Now Ed McGuinness pic with some of the characters in the new Marvel Now suits, and other characters that are to be featured across Marvel Now books.

2612140-marvel_now.jpg

Great pic, but man, Thor just doesn't look as cool as he should after getting pissed on so badly in AVX.

I wonder when we'll see the "Spider-Man" pic altered to what it's supposed to be... :csad:

What Now book is Gambit supposed to be in? I haven't seen him on any of the rosters......

I'm putting my money on him being in Hickman's Avengers since they teased him joining way back when during an issue of X-Sanction.

That would be great, but I'd need verification before buying.... :(

Someone please give Storm a new costume. I cant believe she's still sporting a redesign of the Davis costume.

He has his own title. I think issue 3 came out today.
That I know. :up: I picked it up today. :D Still as far as I could tell the only other book he is in is Astonishing. Didn't know if that was going to change....

That I know. :up: I picked it up today. :D Still as far as I could tell the only other book he is in is Astonishing. Didn't know if that was going to change....
Well he's also going to be in A+X #3 in one half of the book's story where he teams up with Hawkeye. The other half features Black Widow, and Rogue teaming up. That should be a fun issue. Plus I think that whole book should be pretty good.

Well he's also going to be in A+X #3 in one half of the book's story where he teams up with Hawkeye. The other half features Black Widow, and Rogue teaming up. That should be a fun issue. Plus I think that whole book should be pretty good.
I saw that in the solicits and made sure I wrote it down so I won't forget. It will probably be the only issue of that I pick up. It seems to me that most team up books like that never really have the chance to flesh people out enough for me to want to stick with it for a full run. :)

Yeah, that issue sounds like it'll be a fun one. I agree, the stories will be pretty short, so we shouldn't be expecting any big character developments lol. It'll be good though, because if their's an issue with characters that I don't really care about or that I don't think sounds good, I can just skip it, and not have to worry about having missed anything important. I hope that Marvel sets up some pretty good, interesting team ups though.

Gambit as an Avenger sounds so weird. But, hey, if Wolverine can make the cut...

Someone please give Storm a new costume. I cant believe she's still sporting a redesign of the Davis costume.
Eh, it's one of the better costumes she's had, I think. Relatively conservative headdress, no shoulder pads, not too skimpy, etc. Which one would you prefer?

Gambit as an Avenger sounds so weird. But, hey, if Wolverine can make the cut...

Eh, it's one of the better costumes she's had, I think. Relatively conservative headdress, no shoulder pads, not too skimpy, etc. Which one would you prefer?
Something new. I dont think she needs to go back to an old look but for what its worth, her X-treme one was the best one she's had in the last decade

tumblr_m2rvz1Yt741qcqbb4o1_500.png

tumblr_lk6bnfvlnF1qbm9uro1_400.jpg

Blurgh. I never liked that costume. It's basically just Ms. Marvel's costume with--again--shoulder pads.

Don't complain, they could give her back Bianchi's costume. :o

643087stormsuper.png

Seriously, what is it about Storm that makes people believe she needs the shoulders of a linebacker? So many shoulder pads or other shoulder-enhancing elements on her costumes!

Shoulder pads makes the cape drape better. :p

didnt that start with the costume she wore during the Australia days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"