Marvel Now - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Corp. Her current costume is fine.

And looks relatively modern and classic simultaneously.

Blurgh. I never liked that costume. It's basically just Ms. Marvel's costume with--again--shoulder pads.
I saw it more as a blend of her costume from the 70s and late 80s

rvzer8.jpg

+

80sStorm.jpg

Speaking of her old costumes, I really dug her mid 90s look

1zbyc9.jpg

I don't know, all of those look either too skanky or too shoulder-paddy to me. I like the current one a lot. I actually prefer the unaltered Davis one, where it was just a simple black bodysuit with the cape "wings" and a piece of white cloth to make it look a bit classier and break up the black a bit.

alan-davis-uncanny-x-men-445-cover-nightcrawler-wolverine-storm-bishop-marvel-girl-and-x-men.jpg

Simple yet elegant. Good stuff.

I don't know, all of those look either too skanky or too shoulder-paddy to me. I like the current one a lot. I actually prefer the unaltered Davis one, where it was just a simple black bodysuit with the cape "wings" and a piece of white cloth to make it look a bit classier and break up the black a bit.

alan-davis-uncanny-x-men-445-cover-nightcrawler-wolverine-storm-bishop-marvel-girl-and-x-men.jpg

Simple yet elegant. Good stuff.
LOL..this has got to be the most altered costume out there. Like most artists that take it draw it and/or have it colored differently

7EOzv.jpg

Dang, I didn't know there were so many variations. Why do so many artists randomly decide that we've gotta see those chocolatey thighs, though?

Rogue is clearly jealous of Jean's figure and Havok is not just diving - he's going to dive into Beast's butt. :facepalm:

strange posing aside, that art looks great. I wish Cambpell could keep up a regular schedule to be a regular on a book.

Looks like he's letting the dogs out all over Rogue's butt.

Wow there is no diversity in these flagship books.

The market does not want diversity. All of the titles that Marvel created to celebrate diversity have, for the most part, had abysmal sales. The problem lies with America, not Marvel.

It's due to the demographic too.

By and large, the majority of comic readers are white men, age 16-25. So everything will be slanted to appeal to their interests.

That explains why the vast majority of characters are white, but not why there isn't a single racial or sexual minority on any of these teams. That's a flimsy excuse to begin with, but having one black character out of ten, for example, won't scare away the white guys.

I did wonder where Cage, Black Panther or War Machine factored into the Marvel Now

More variant covers, as long as no one minds seeing them:

IRON MAN #1 PAGULAYAN DESIGN VARIANT 1:25

im-1-pagulan.jpg

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #2 ACUNA VARIANT 1:50
thor2.jpg

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #3 ACUNA VARIANT1:50
THORGOT20_acunavar.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #1 RIVERA VARIANT – 1:50
ANXMEN2001_varcov-col.jpg

CAPTAIN AMERICA #2 TEDESCO VARIANT 1:50
CAPA_TedescoCvr.jpg

AVENGERS #1 RIBIC VAR 1:50
AVEN20_Ribicvar.jpg

I did wonder where Cage, Black Panther or War Machine factored into the Marvel Now
Well their was that Skottie Young Baby variant cover for New Avenger's #1 that had Black Panther on it with IM, Black Bolt, and Reed Richards. So people think he'll be apart of New Avengers under Hickman, who also says that he really likes writing Black Panther.

Cage's fate though lies with Bendis, and how he ends his Avengers stories. Marvel hasn't said much about him beyond wait until the end of Bendis' run. War Machine though hasn't really been mentioned by Marvel much either though.

ehh..still not really cool with Iceman's new powers, just seems like something to short term and bound to be ditched.

That explains why the vast majority of characters are white, but not why there isn't a single racial or sexual minority on any of these teams. That's a flimsy excuse to begin with, but having one black character out of ten, for example, won't scare away the white guys.

Because when people want the Avengers to consist of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Black Widow, the amount of room left for minorities gets increasingly smaller and smaller. As for your comment about having one black character out of ten, I would consider using characters like Hank Pym, the Wasp, Carol Danvers, the Vision, Dr. Strange, Daredevil, and other white characters before thinking about Luke Cage, Black Panther, Falcon, etc. Same applies to the X-Men, the only racial true minority most people want on the X-Men is Storm. The problem is that when people want the teams filled almost exclusively with AAA characters, there is just no room for minority characters that people just don't give a damn about.

As for sexual minorities, I blame the comic book industry on that one. Most comic book writers just don't know how to write gay characters and most of them are just well......lame and the ones who aren't lame suffer from the same problem that minority characters face: insignificance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"