Marvel TV Series Marvel Studios' Ironheart

REPORT - Marvel Studios to Introduce Black, Latina or Afro-Latina Transgender Character in 'Ironheart' | POC Culture

Assuming this is true, I wonder what the situation is.
I can't think of any young, nerdy, mystical trans afro-latina Marvel characters. Especially not anyone related to Riri.
So is this a fully original character?
A situation of a cis character deliberately changed to be trans for the MCU?
Does anyone have any ideas?

The only character that very vaguely comes to my mind is Goodness Silva, who to be fair is young, dark skinned, has a Portuguese sounding last name (I don't think her race or ethnicity have ever been confirmed?), is nerdy with hobbies some find weird, has something mystical to her (and her family) and while never explicitly portrayed as trans has had quite a lot of speculation and headcanon surrounding her potentially being trans or some type of genderqueer from readers at least. Though she has absolutely nothing at all to do with Ironheart, so it doesn't seem very likely to me. Then again they apparently have
Mr. Immortal
in She-Hulk so maybe they'd introduce such characters in various shows to spin them off into their own thing later?

Last edited:
REPORT - Marvel Studios to Introduce Black, Latina or Afro-Latina Transgender Character in 'Ironheart' | POC Culture

Assuming this is true, I wonder what the situation is.
I can't think of any young, nerdy, mystical trans afro-latina Marvel characters. Especially not anyone related to Riri.
So is this a fully original character?
A situation of a cis character deliberately changed to be trans for the MCU?
Does anyone have any ideas?

The only character that very vaguely comes to my mind is Goodness Silva, who to be fair is young, dark skinned, has a Portuguese sounding last name (I don't think her race or ethnicity have ever been confirmed?), is nerdy with hobbies some find weird, has something mystical to her (and her family) and while never explicitly portrayed as trans has had quite a lot of speculation and headcanon surrounding her potentially being trans or some type of genderqueer from readers at least. Though she has absolutely nothing at all to do with Ironheart, so it doesn't seem very likely to me. Then again they apparently have
Mr. Immortal
in She-Hulk so maybe they'd introduce such characters in various shows to spin them off into their own thing later?
Only person that comes to mind is Moon-Girl and/or Moon Boy. I think there was a few rumors awhile back that said the character was coming to the MCU but I may be wrong on that front

Only person that comes to mind is Moon-Girl and/or Moon Boy. I think there was a few rumors awhile back that said the character was coming to the MCU but I may be wrong on that front
Moon-Boy is a primitive hominid boy and Moon-Girl is a 4th grader.
I don't think either of those would be fitting for a 18-22 year old woman.

Moon-Boy is a primitive hominid boy and Moon-Girl is a 4th grader.
I don't think either of those would be fitting for a 18-22 year old woman.
Yeah but Marvel's been aging up all their "kids" for awhile now.

Yeah but Marvel's been aging up all their "kids" for awhile now.
When has the MCU even included any hero that's a preteen in the comics? Even when it comes to teenage characters who have at least gone through puberty to some extent they're not aged up that much.
Spidey and Ms. Marvel are depicted as highschoolers in the MCU, same as the comics.
Billy and Tommy Maximoff got their Wiccan and Speed powers while appearing younger than they were in the comics as superheroes.
America Chavez is played by a 15 year old.
Cassie Lang was played by a teenager in Endgame and while Kathryn Newton will be a bit older I'm pretty sure she'll be intended to be in her late-teens in Quantumania given that Cassie's date of birth is known.
The only significant aging up I can think of is Bucky being early 20s instead of 16 in Cap 1 because they wanted him to be a more experienced soldier (and possibly because they knew they wanted the actor for Winter Soldier down the line).

But I just don't think it makes sense to cast a 22 year old transgender actress to play a character who in the comics is like a 9 year old elementary schooler and does things related to being that age.

I think it's pretty likely this casting is a classmate of Riri or some other teenage character. But I just can't see it being a preteen.

Ryan Coogler producing the show and Riri showing up in BP2 helps prevent the character from undergoing a drastic character change that we've seen in the MCU from project to project.
Both of those steps should help, yeah. :up:

Do we know who Anthony Ramos is playing?
While details behind the Ramos role are unknown, sources say it will be similar to how Jonathan Majors was introduced as Kang the Conquer in Loki, where he is expected to not only have a big role in this series but in future Marvel projects as well.

Is it too much to hope he’s Johnny Storm?

I wonder which will release first: this or Armor Wars? Maybe Armor Wars will play into Riri becoming Ironheart.
Actually, Wakanda Forever comes out first and some new info hints
that she may already have/get a suit there.

not really familiar to the supporting characters/villains of this story

any thoughts on who he might be?

I haven't really read Iron Heart and with every casting announcement I have no idea who they may play. But then the rumored characters are all characters that aren't traditionally associated with Riri so... who can tell what characters may show up.

If the rumors about the villain are true I could see some of the cast be members of his gang. Notably some Iron Man baddies like Living Laser and Shockwave have been part of that during Riri's time, so perhaps they could set up some characters that might return for Armor Wars. Also Armadillo was a somewhat significant part during that. Maybe Manny Montana could be him? (assuming Anthony Ramos is indeed the main villain as rumoured)

Last edited:
So it's likely we see this out next Spring/Summer?
Not sure, but I don't think so. If Secret Invasion doesn't come out this year, it's gonna be first out next year. Then Echo is almost done filming, so that will probably be next. Ironheart and Loki just started filming in last month. So it's kinda up in the air at this point.

Since they're non-binary and used to presenting as a woman I wonder if they'll be playing the character that was supposedly being cast as a young adult, nerdy, mystical, transgender, black and/or latina character, or if that's separate. They are considerably older than the 18-22 age range they were supposedly casting for back then at 33.

Funnily enough the character I initially named as the only Marvel character I could think of that comes even a little close to the description they gave was Goodness Silva of the GLA, and the only confirmed GLA member that's appearing in the MCU (Mr. Immortal) is also significantly older than in the comics. (David Pasquesi is 61, while in the comics Craig Hollis seems like in his 30s at most).

Of course it's also entirely possible they'll be presenting more masculine or play an actual drag queen.

EDIT: apparently there's a drag queen mutant called Shade/Nightveil with darkforce teleportation similar to Cloak, who was actually modelled specifically after Shea Couleé (similar to how Ultimate Nick Fury was modeled after Sam Jackson). That's interesting I guess.

shade-close-up.jpg

Last edited:
Wasn’t she/ them rumored a few months ago as Hood?

Daniel RPK says, that the series theme is science vs magic…imho perfect setting for Doctor Doom hints
since he already has something to do with Riri‘s research under the ocean

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"