Marvel TV Series Marvel Studios' Ironheart

I'm very glad that at least the Mark I and Mark II for Riri look more mechanical and practical and don't have typical Stark faceplates. When they announced Riri I was a bit worried they'd go straight into a nanotech version of her modern design which is just a sleek fem Stark suit.

Daniel RPK says, that the series theme is science vs magic…imho perfect setting for Doctor Doom hints
since he already has something to do with Riri‘s research under the ocean
Makes sense with Hood as the villain since he's like basically a street level villain given a magic powerup. And the transgender character they were casting was also said to be mystical in some way.

I think around the time when Riri was introduced was when Doom was also the Infamous Iron Man so I'm sure those two have some connection already.
a07b5f347b745a9fc4460bd4121183d1.jpg

Last edited:
There’s also a rumor that Hood was the apprentice of
Agatha and she‘ll show up as well

Okay so this actor does match the young adult description from that casting rumor of a trans character, but they're white and transmasculine nonbinary instead of a black and/or latina transgender woman as was supposedly being cast. So I wonder if we'll see more trans characters in this.

Rumor has it, that Hood doesn’t get his powers from Dormammu but Mephisto…and he‘s played by Sacha Baron Cohen.
Take it with a grain of salt, but I like SBC as Mephisto. There were rumors last week, that SBC plays a more humanoid version of Dormammu. but Mephisto sounds better to me. They should keep Benedict Cumberbatch as Dormammu.
He could also show up in Coven of Chaos

Most of the cast announced are likely Riri's MIT classmates or members of her family, so I don't know why they would keep the roles of the cast under wraps.

Mephisto shouldn’t be a comedic character. Just my take

SBC has done some serious stuff over the last few years, so it's not like everything he's done has been comedic. He did good enough in that Trial of the Chicago Seven movie that he got a lot of acclaim for it, including an Oscar Nomination. He was very good in the Netflix series "The Spy." So he's not against doing serious stuff. It's that he went right back to playing Borat after those comedic roles.

Mephisto shouldn’t be a comedic character. Just my take

you probably never read Faust. Being both comedic and evil is what makes Mephisto really menacing.

This a legendary portrayal of Mephisto. I know the Marvel version doesn’t have much to do with it, but it undoubtedly derives from it. I hope SBC draws some inspiration from it.

Wakanda Forever is a litmus test as to how this show is going to go. If the reviews come in and all of them say that Riri Williams is a scene stealer and is going to be a fan favorite, then I think the anticipation for this show builds, especially since Ryan Coogler is executive producing.

Seeing some rumors that Regan Aliyah may be playing Zelma Stanton. Though nobody known to be reliable has picked it up yet.

Zelma Stanton is a young woman who had been infected with magic parasites and became the Sanctum Sanctorum's new librarian.

iu
d7b5a7b682ef4d39b09c7ab87013d2e4.jpg

Rumor has it, that Hood doesn’t get his powers from Dormammu but Mephisto…and he‘s played by Sacha Baron Cohen.
Take it with a grain of salt, but I like SBC as Mephisto. There were rumors last week, that SBC plays a more humanoid version of Dormammu. but Mephisto sounds better to me. They should keep Benedict Cumberbatch as Dormammu.
He could also show up in Coven of Chaos

Switching to Mephisto would make a lot of sense, in terms of setting logic. For one, Mephisto actually does do baseline "deals with the devil" in a way Dormammu almost never does. For another, the Hood being magically empowered by Mephisto would make him less of a 5 Star magical emergency, and thus better justify why Dr Strange isn't showing up to splatter him.

you probably never read Faust. Being both comedic and evil is what makes Mephisto really menacing.

Hey now, lets not forget the third pillar of Mephistopheles: a great deal of concern with Austrian monetary policy. *eg*

Wakanda Forever is a litmus test as to how this show is going to go. If the reviews come in and all of them say that Riri Williams is a scene stealer and is going to be a fan favorite, then I think the anticipation for this show builds, especially since Ryan Coogler is executive producing.
Of course, yes, hopefully she gets a great showing. :up:

Yeah I feel the same as with the Echo show, it feels odd to give a side-character a series when we haven't met the character yet.

Hawkeye was fantastic, but Echo was just good/ok. Not a standout, not a scene stealer, just fine. So that show is currently the one I'm least excited about, outside of the Daredevil characters appearing.

If Riri isn't amazing, it'll be the same with this

Yet Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight and others avoided this, even though we never met them at all. So going in clean is somehow better than going in with a middle-of-the-road impression of the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"