Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, i just want them to let us know we're getting more then setting dates. Didnt they hint at something at the end of the month?

if we get something at the first/end and middle of every month id be happy.

but i think not giving us a big map right away adds more "want" and "hype" to the DLC
Well with Mortal Kombat coming in less than a month, they better start talking bc the demo for that game already has gotten quite a bit of hype. Im sure they wouldnt want to lose people to that title.

.... you don't lose an audience due to DLC... that's ridiculous. it's all "bonus features".... and any game competes with EVERY game.

infact, waiting for more DLC characters brings people back to a game that "got old" and reignites interest

TBH, I've always felt a bit "meh" to some of the choices for this game. So for me to get back my interest, I need one or two new characters who are exciting, not just costumes. Shuma Gorath and Jill??? Meh...give us Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Green Goblin or someone.

Also, this game lacks so much in modes, it feels half finished to me. For me, who don't like spending time online with lag and jerks all the time, there's really nothing to do with this game offline.

After playing the demo for MK and seeing all the different features that it will have, I feel that MK will be much better than this game and I'll probably prefer playing MK instead of MvC3. The devs for MK seem to at least care a bit about us offline players. Overall, it seems to be more care put into the whole game than MvC3. And I think many fighting gamers will recognise that and "move over" to that game.

I got rid of this within the first few days of having it. Why do devs no longer give a **** about offline players anymore?

^Yeah it's gaining dust for me as well. I'm really looking forward to MK instead.

Yeah. I mean sure, I can't judge a game solely on a demo, but just the demo itself sparked more of interesting stuff than MvC3 has ever done.

Well, I have more fun with MvC3 type of combat, but what gets me looking forward to this MK, besides the chars from MK1-3, are the many modes that will be available, including the Krypt.
The Challenge Tower will be just so much fun. This and the story mode will take a chunk of my time.

After playing the demo for MK and seeing all the different features that it will have, I feel that MK will be much better than this game and I'll probably prefer playing MK instead of MvC3. The devs for MK seem to at least care a bit about us offline players. Overall, it seems to be more care put into the whole game than MvC3. And I think many fighting gamers will recognise that and "move over" to that game.
IA. MvC3 is very barebones. Im very impressed with all the extras MK has to offer

.... you don't lose an audience due to DLC... that's ridiculous. it's all "bonus features".... and any game competes with EVERY game.

What I was saying is how after I'm long done with the game (like Mass Effect 2) DLC is the only thing that will bring me back to it for a short while. No steady release means no steady play for me, hence "losing audience."

I'm sure we'll get word on future DLC at Captivate next month.

about to test a Magneto (grav), Thor (Spark or smash, dunno yet), and Akuma (Tastu) after training with them for 2 nights

With the DHC trick, for 2 meters I can do an 800k+ combo easy, and 100% on most characters with 3 bars. Mags combo ending with Hyper grav then quickly Tempest or Shockwave followed with a DHC into thor grab..all these hypers whiff on purpose....then combo with Thor's hard hitting attacks

Akuma tatsu allows me to land an easy (sorta) 660k combo anywhere on the screen with Magneto

I'd pick Thor's Assist B. His projectile's not as good as Magneto's, so you might as well get a free ground bounce.

Other than that, seems very good. Seeing the damage Thor can do off the DHC trick makes me never want to play against a good (or consistent) one.

IA. MvC3 is very barebones. Im very impressed with all the extras MK has to offer

Yea and MvC2 was pretty bare as well, but that game gave you 50 plus characters to play with. Im sorry but 38 characters is WAY too small a roster for a cross over game, i dont care that they have all been "designed from the ground up". This game should of stayed in development for another half year so they could of added 10 more characters.

The 50 plus characters in MvC2? Funny thing, but most of them were pretty useless. Most of them played the same. It's why the same 5 or 6 were always used.

It's why Sentinel is in this game. At least in this game, everyone seems worthwhile I can hit random all and even get Spencer (whose probably the worst member of the Roster) and still be able to fight. I couldn't do that with MvC2.

Quality not quanity is the answer.

Yea and MvC2 was pretty bare as well, but that game gave you 50 plus characters to play with. Im sorry but 38 characters is WAY too small a roster for a cross over game, i dont care that they have all been "designed from the ground up". This game should of stayed in development for another half year so they could of added 10 more characters.

I totally agree.

And people may say "So, do you really want 50 characters where only 4 are used all the time?".

Well, that's not an excuse if you ask me. Not when Capcom themselves stated that they made characters imbalanced intentionally in this one.

Tekken 6 has over 40 characters and is still very well balanced. And as you said, this is a cross over game. When I've waited for about 10 years to play a new, exciting fighting game that stars Marvel characters, I don't want to have only about 12 to chose from with so many awesome characters that got left out.

Sure, it may be because of licensing issues. And I don't know much about how that works. But if they can use Dormammu and Shuma Gorath, why not Dr. Strange? And if they can use Spider-Man, why not Doc Ock or someone else from his huge rogue list?

And if it really is IMPOSSIBLE to have more characters, then they should at least put SOME effort in making the game at least a bit enduring for us who don't want to spend money on DLCs (that should have already been in the game in the first place) due to their cheap way of squeezing out money out of their customers.

Yea, the problem with MvC2 lied in the fact that it was nothing but one huge cut and paste job. Several characters were practically the same, many were not altered at all. I mean Iceman still only had one super, they didn't bother to give him any more moves than he had in CotA.

Two Wolverines, two Iron Man characters, five: count them five shoto characters, plus Charlie AND Guile.

They just took all the characters from previous games and threw them in there with no work done to them to balance them or diversify their moves.

With the new game they actually rebuild characters, gave them new moves and in many cases an actual purpose.

You can go in and choose any character and have a different experience than with any other group.

edit: Tekken 6, while fun, was anything but balanced.

The 50 plus characters in MvC2? Funny thing, but most of them were pretty useless. Most of them played the same. It's why the same 5 or 6 were always used.

It's why Sentinel is in this game. At least in this game, everyone seems worthwhile I can hit random all and even get Spencer (whose probably the worst member of the Roster) and still be able to fight. I couldn't do that with MvC2.

Quality not quanity is the answer.

Thing is, with the smaller roster, they should have added up to that by adding something else. There's not even a proper vs. computer mode like in Street Fighter 4.

EDIT: And to put Tekken 6 again as an example: It has, as I said, over 40 characters. Yet, they all feel better balanced than the roster in MvC3. And STILL, Tekken 6 has other content such as Team Battle, Customizing your characters, 3rd Person Story Mode (yeah it was pretty crappy but you could at least tell they tried) etc.

Last edited:
edit: Tekken 6, while fun, was anything but balanced.

Still better balance than MvC3 if you ask me.

I'm sorry for ranting so much but it just feels extremely annoying to buy something expensive that feels half finished.

Still better balance than MvC3 if you ask me.

I'm sorry for ranting so much but it just feels extremely annoying to buy something expensive that feels half finished.

It's ok to rant, really. I personally find MvC3 more fun (maybe not balanced) than Tekken 6, but then again it's just taste. Also it's hard to compare 3D fighters to 2D ones, as they are birds of a different feather really.

But I do agree at the lack of features for the game. But even so, it gives me two player local and online battles. This means that I can play against friends from the Hype and PA, as well as my other friends that have the game. Plus I can have friends over my house to play whenever my wife and I do our periodic gaming fun night with friends which usually inclues SSBB, Mario Kart, SSFIV, Guitar Hero, and now this.

So with that said, I'm getting more than my money's worth.

edit: Also about buying something that feels half finished, welcome to the new generation of gaming. It's one reason I hate how easy it is to patch and add in dlc, as this gets most companies to throw out whatever they made with the idea that they can just patch it later to fix bugs and use dlc to add in content later. It's not just Capcom, most companies do this anymore. It's one reason I love that Nintendo still has the old school way of making games, completely finish them before they are ready, then there is no need to patch them later.

Two Wolverines, two Iron Man characters, five: count them five shoto characters, plus Charlie AND Guile.

You realize that the two Wolverines played differently right? One had a lot more attack and speed, the other had more defense and health. Same thing with the shoto's. Could you play them all exactly the same? Yeah, but they all had completely different combos and what not.

The reason theres was only 5 - 6 top characters in MvC2 was cause of the specific characters ability to control the entire screen and chip damage via supers. There were maybe 10 characters that are considered "top tier" in that game, and everyone else is throw into the other tier.

However, as "bare bones" as MvC2 was, it had hours upon hours of unlocking - something to keep you playing it to unlock new characters and what not.

Funny enough that was almost universally the most hated aspect of the game, and why they didn't keep that around for the XBL/PSN version. It was hours and hours of playing the boring single player to get enough points to unlock one character/backround/whatever.

As far as the characters go, of course they all played slightly different, but in the end, they all worked the same way.

As far as the characters go, of course they all played slightly different, but in the end, they all worked the same way.

You mean how like every character in MvC3 has the same basic combos? Yeah, all the characters in this game work the same way too buddy. :whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"