Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have no problem with the final, classic-looking suit being more expensive looking, with the prototype suit being the cheap looking one.

I'm just among those hoping that Stark doesn't make it for him. I think the best approach would be to have Peter still be the one who makes the classic suit but simply uses materials that Tony has readily available.

I don't see why Stark would make him the suit. He could probably have it made for him, but not make it himself. He's not a seamstress after all. And Peter using Stark's resources doesn't make sense either. Unless he's building an armor? It seems more like the Avengers have their own costume maker somewhere because I don't think it's Stark sitting down and designing and sewing up costumes for all of them, ya know?

I am sure again by either the end of civil war or start of solo film his homemade suit gets trashed. Then he makes a new suit that is the "hollywood" looking materials and caliber like past suits.

Hey if you think they won't do a cloth suit. We got kickass suit thst was cloth materials and his two films where decent money makrrs. And look at quicksilver outfit in aou that was under armour long silver shirt with some sort of pants. Just cause they may use those materials doesn't mean it will look or be cheap looking.

Come on how is it not a cloth thing. The mask looks like a wool like ski mask. And same with the green body suit looked clothed like.

That's not exactly true. Most of the best cosplay suits are made by a bunch of different people. For example one guy makes lenses that pretty much everyone uses. There's a bunch of people who design suit prints. Then they send that off to a printing company for the print. There's one particular woman who everyone goes to for sewing that print.

Anyways, the reason everyone is talking about homemade suits is because Feige said his suit would be homemade. :shrug:

All that means is Peter is a very good seamstress. Given the time and effort, he can do it all himself. Maybe he compartmentalizes the suit.

Most important is it would be pretty damn stupid to make a scrappy little suit after two series of a proper suit. That's like Batman going back to the Adam West suit.

Most important is it would be pretty damn stupid to make a scrappy little suit after two series of a proper suit. That's like Batman going back to the Adam West suit.

We're not asking for that. It's more like Batman going to a more cloth-like suit after having armor for so long.

Which is happening.

Spider-Man should show up in something decent looking that he home made, and I'm not opposed to Cap or Iron Man giving him a really fancy looking one later.

EDIT: And by decent, I mean something that looks good. Homemade doesn't equal bad. I don't necessarily want something that looks like it tried to be movie quality but just didn't quite make it-- I want something made specifically for a more homemade design. That will look good.

Last edited:
It's not like he'll have the homemade suit for long. I'm sure he'll have something much more refined by the end of Civil War.

Anyway, this costume wait is getting anoying. Marvel needs to take some advice from Shia LeBeouf when it comes to the reveal and

giphy.gif

All that means is Peter is a very good seamstress. Given the time and effort, he can do it all himself. Maybe he compartmentalizes the suit.

You realize he had a homemade type outfit in both series right? The wrestling suit and the ski mask with glasses. Same idea. And besides we're talking about CW not his solo.

It's not like he'll have the homemade suit for long. I'm sure he'll have something much more refined by the end of Civil War.

Anyway, this costume wait is getting anoying. Marvel needs to take some advice from Shia LeBeouf when it comes to the reveal and

giphy.gif

:funny: I agree.

Why would this Parker need a professional suit given to him when the previous Parker's were able to create their professional suits on their own?

Every Spider-man suit was supposed to be 'homemade'. In Raimi's series, we saw Parker designing the suit himself. In ASM 1 Parker made the suit himself, at home, from materials he bought on the internet. Within the context of the movie, those suits were homemade. The next suit will also be homemade. In this context, I don't believe 'homemade' is even referencing what the suit will *look like*, it's merely referencing where it *comes from*.

Other than the fact that Spidey got the Iron Spider suit from Stark in Civil war, I see absolutely no reason to assume that he's going to start in a 'prototype suit' and then get a professional suit given to him.

Why would this Parker need a professional suit given to him when the previous Parker's were able to create their professional suits on their own?

Every Spider-man suit was supposed to be 'homemade'. In Raimi's series, we saw Parker designing the suit himself. In ASM 1 Parker made the suit himself, at home, from materials he bought on the internet. Within the context of the movie, those suits were homemade. The next suit will also be homemade. In this context, I don't believe 'homemade' is even referencing what the suit will *look like*, it's merely referencing where it *comes from*.

Other than the fact that Spidey got the Iron Spider suit from Stark in Civil war, I see absolutely no reason to assume that he's going to start in a 'prototype suit' and then get a professional suit given to him.

Why is that such an out there idea to you? Pretty much every hero has had a natural progression in their costumes. Also, in the context of the mcu it wouldn't make sense for Spidey to already have as good a costume as the avengers. Let me remind you what Iron Man, Cap and Daredevil started off wearing.

Captain-America-USO-Costume-Chris-Evans.jpg

MTI5MzY0ODgwNDIyNjYyMTE0.jpg
And what the previous spider-men first wore
headline19041.jpg

e9a1ee0227171266315bddff99484721
What he wore in the comics
AC043.jpg

UltimateWrestler.jpg~320x480

Point being: it's not really a stretch to assume that he'll get an upgrade from what he wears in CW.

Why is that such an out there idea to you? Pretty much every hero has had a natural progression in their costumes. Also, in the context of the mcu it wouldn't make sense for Spidey to already have as good a costume as the avengers. Let me remind you what Iron Man, Cap and Daredevil started off wearing.

Captain-America-USO-Costume-Chris-Evans.jpg

MTI5MzY0ODgwNDIyNjYyMTE0.jpg
And what the previous spider-men first wore
headline19041.jpg

e9a1ee0227171266315bddff99484721
What he wore in the comics
AC043.jpg

UltimateWrestler.jpg~320x480

Point being: it's not really a stretch to assume that he'll get an upgrade from what he wears in CW.

The difference is that this is not a Spider-man origin story. He has already began his superhero career when we are introduced to him in Civil War. My issue is that everybody is assuming that Fiege was using 'homemade' to describe what the suit looks like, rather than where it comes from.

PS: Ironman is in a billion dollar exosuit, Hulk is in tattered purple pants and Thor is wearing regular armor from his homeworld. So I'm not even sure what you mean by Spidey having 'as good a costume' as the rest of the avengers.

Last edited:
He would get the gift of a suit because he's helped the Avengers......

I don't know why it's such a hard concept for some to comprehend.

Hard to comprehend? Was it really necessary to insult my intelligence like that?

Secondly, you're completely overlooking my actual point. I'm not disputing the possibility that Spidey can be given a new suit (as I said it happens in Civil war) what I'm disputing is that Fiege's quote is basis enough to assume that Parker is going to first appear in a $20 halloween costume.

Hard to comprehend? Was it really necessary to insult my intelligence like that?

Secondly, you're completely overlooking my actual point. I'm not disputing the possibility that Spidey can be given a new suit (as I said it happens in Civil war) what I'm disputing is that Fiege's quote is basis enough to assume that Parker is going to first appear in a $20 halloween costume.

People don't assume that because of Fiege. They assume it because of this.
http://www.latino-review.com/news/asa-butterfield-spider-man-marvel-sony-pictures
Speaking of the Spider-Man costume, production art that's been quietly making the rounds shows a suit with a very rough, homemade aesthetic - which reminds us of Tobey Maquire's "wrestling" outfit from the very first Spider-Man movie.

As you already know of. :yay:

It's not just you that can't understand why the Avengers would give him a suit.

And I know prior he will appear in a homemade suit, I just don't agree or like some concepts some have put forward as homemade looking suit.

People don't assume that because of Fiege. They assume it because of this.
http://www.latino-review.com/news/asa-butterfield-spider-man-marvel-sony-pictures

As you already know of. :yay:

That's even less of a basis to make any assumption. We've been over this. The article was clearly written by people who haven't even seen the supposed art. The description 'homemade aesthetic' leads me to believe that this is nothing but a rumor influenced by the Fiege quote.

That's even less of a basis to make any assumption. We've been over this. The article was clearly written by people who haven't even seen the supposed art. The description 'homemade aesthetic' leads me to believe that this is nothing but a rumor influenced by the Fiege quote.

You have no basis to claim that they haven't seen the art. I'm confident that they would have never posted that unless they knew it wasn't a rumor, or they would have at least called it a rumor.

It's not just you that can't understand why the Avengers would give him a suit.

And I know prior he will appear in a homemade suit, I just don't agree or like some concepts some have put forward as homemade looking suit.

I can't understand it? There you go again you snide turd. No body is so stupid that they can't wrap their head around the concept, you're ignoring the actual arguments being made.

You have no basis to claim that they haven't seen the art. I'm confident that they would have never posted that unless they knew it wasn't a rumor, or they would have at least called it a rumor.

My basis is that they didn't even describe the most minor detail, other than to say it is homemade, which is exactly what Fiege said.

There is also the leaked email that speaks of Tony Stark giving Peter "the suit" during Civil War. "the suit" is likely either referring to the Iron Spider suit, or his classic suit. If the latter he would most likely have a "proto suit" in Civil War.

There is also the leaked email that speaks of Tony Stark giving Peter "the suit" during Civil War. "the suit" is likely either referring to the Iron Spider suit, or his classic suit. If the latter he would most likely have a "proto suit" in Civil War.

Agreed.

PS: Ironman is in a billion dollar exosuit, Hulk is in tattered purple pants and Thor is wearing regular armor from his homeworld. So I'm not even sure what you mean by Spidey having 'as good a costume' as the rest of the avengers.

To be more specific: Cap's outfit, Black Widow's, Scarlet Witch's, Falcon's, Hawkeye's. They've all got these over engineered professional looking designs. Daredevil's suit is like that too, even Hulk got new fancy stretchy pants for AOU.

I literally roll my eyes at the notion of Stark making Peter's classic suit. It's just unnecessary and annoying.

I literally roll my eyes at the thought of Stark making his suit for him.

You mean Stark having the suit made for him? Because once again I don't see Stark designing and sewing Peter's costume:oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"