• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look really closely though it seems like the top right red piece is different. Different shade of red and it has black edges. The bottom left red has a red edge and it looks like rubber too

Yeah, you're right. The picture is up very close though, I feel like there's not enough space there to reach between the back symbol and the belt

hqdefault.jpg

2099 confirmed!

I know what you mean, I'm just saying it's not a black edge, it's a hemline of the blue.

As I said in the general thread. Was some interesting news of that twitter page the other day. And if it was real I did like that fabric material for spidey. But I doubt that lens thing was spidey related. But since James gunn has debunked that twitter page we are back to no clue. I do hope we get something be it official first look or concept art at d23.

I really want to see a Spidey suit in the style of Ben Reilly's. If not at first, then in a future Spidey MCU movie/appearance.

It retains enough of Spider-man's classic look, while also giving off a more modernized vibe that I think falls perfectly in line with the way many of the MCU heroes look.

3834462-ben-reilly-spider-man.jpg

Peter_Parker_(Ben_Reilly)_(Earth-94)_004.jpeg

nextsuit500w.png

I said it before I do not want to see peter sporting any other spiders suits. Peter should have his looks for him alone. And then oh if we used miles, ben. Miguel stuff now. Oh what would we do later if we ever got to see them used in mcu down the road. I see no reason to do that.

I love Ben Reilly's suit so I'm completely down for that. I don't think we'll ever see him in the movies anyway so it doesn't matter. He could use his classic hoodie and spandex suit combo if he does appear.

I would not ever say we couldn't or wouldn't see ben, kaine, miles, miguel ever. In time I am sure marvel would bring in others. I personally love to see ben and kaine done. Before Miles or miguel. Now I agree miguel likely be a long shot. As miles I could see come once tom time is up.

If we getting for first suit that home made look I expect suit parts to look like this:
Head
wholesale-Face-Ski-Mask-1-Hole-(7-Colors-Available)_12583279684f3a2fb61c0714.1198757620120214.jpg

Lens
curved2.jpg

Upper Torso:
under-armour-youth-long-tp_2854045629792756679f.jpg

Gloves:
1248298-600_B

Pants:
under-armour-ua01-1248351-gsz.jpg

Boots:
adidas-adipure-gazelle-review-very-impressive-natural-running-shoe-6.jpg

Under Armour would pay well for that type of endorsement. and I wouldn't be surprised considering Cap has worn their clothes a couple of times

Maybe we will see the clones, but I don't think it's out of the question to use ben's spider-man suit. It's still a spider-man suit after all, and even spider-girl has used the design. The suit I would attribute to Ben specifically would be the hoodie one. So I'd be perfectly fine with the idea.
Under Armour would pay well for that type of endorsement. and I wouldn't be surprised considering Cap has worn their clothes a couple of times

I'm pretty sure Marvel and underarmour have a deal together since they made Quicksilver's shirt for AOU as well as cap's and Tony's.

If we getting for first suit that home made look I expect suit parts to look like this:

Nononononono. Sure, if he had three days notice, that would work. Maybe if it's a super lazy teen, that's all they would want to come up with. But they've said Peter's been Spidey for a while, and Peter is a dedicated and hardworking person. He could come up with something better than that in a few months with 200 bucks.

I would like a home made look, but I just don't see those items coming together to look very nice.

I really want to see a Spidey suit in the style of Ben Reilly's. If not at first, then in a future Spidey MCU movie/appearance.

It retains enough of Spider-man's classic look, while also giving off a more modernized vibe that I think falls perfectly in line with the way many of the MCU heroes look.

Naaaaah

I would not ever say we couldn't or wouldn't see ben, kaine, miles, miguel ever. In time I am sure marvel would bring in others. I personally love to see ben and kaine done. Before Miles or miguel. Now I agree miguel likely be a long shot. As miles I could see come once tom time is up.

Head
wholesale-Face-Ski-Mask-1-Hole-(7-Colors-Available)_12583279684f3a2fb61c0714.1198757620120214.jpg

Lens
curved2.jpg

Upper Torso:
under-armour-youth-long-tp_2854045629792756679f.jpg

Gloves:
1248298-600_B

Pants:
under-armour-ua01-1248351-gsz.jpg

Boots:
adidas-adipure-gazelle-review-very-impressive-natural-running-shoe-6.jpg
There's cheap and then there's this.

This is laziness to the extreme.

3834462-ben-reilly-spider-man.jpg

Peter_Parker_(Ben_Reilly)_(Earth-94)_004.jpeg

nextsuit500w.png

:up:

Peter came up with something very similar to what Webhead suggested in the Ultimate comics... Not sure why people are so against the idea. I guess it makes Spider-Man look "lazy" or whatever, but I like it.

image.jpg1_zpssu2tlgdz.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see it being lazy or what not. As it said this first suit will be homemade and something a kid with low funds could make. And I said it before I expect it to be something along kickass or quicksilver outfit.

The suit then probably gets trashed during fights in civil war. And at end of film or start of solo he upgrades and makes a better suit ie again looking like and better material base and look like past film suits.

Also I am not saying he would just have those basic clothing parts and just run around with that. I could see him taking goggles and attaching then to mask. And mask and body have some Web lines on it or at least a spider logo and all that. I was just throwing out ideas on materials and parts a kid could likely use as a first suit. Like Tobey and Andrews first outfits where like.

Remember here is ASM prototype suit:
4378918-the_amazing_spider-man_spidey_se_devoile_enfin_plus_11.jpg

Spider-Man 1 wrestling costume:
The-Spider-800x600.jpg

So again if mcu peter took parts like I showed above of mask, goggles and using under armour like shirt pants and gloves. And doing some modifications to them to get the webs and logos. I don't think it be lazy. And works with that homemade feel kevin talked about before. Then again this suit gets trashed and he makes a better suit. That again is higher caliber and looks hollywood caliber materials like raimi true spiderman suits, or ASM 2 suit was.

Last edited:
So again origin costume....didnt we get this already two times. Is there need for 3rd with 2nd reboot? Will it be for 4th with 3rd reboot five years from now. I can't take this crap anymore. Just give me my Spider-Man back in Spectacular Spider-Man season 3.

I could see something like this working. It's the suit we all know and love but very homemade:
U1o3rso.jpg

19789056699_e9a653fc45_b.jpg

EDIT: Now to make my appraisal after seeing it in a new light. I noticed the two red parts are different materials-- even slightly different colors. The smaller red part looks like it is indeed for the back spider. It would make sense for the back spider to be closer to the top red part instead of the belt, so the image fits for this orientation.

Is it the tick spider? So little is shown that it's hard to tell, but maybe. And I hope so.

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned it but the red band on the bottom left is quite thin, judging from that bit of blue in the bottom left corner.

I'd like his suit to show his resourcefulness-- not thriftiness.

I could see something like this working. It's the suit we all know and love but very homemade:
U1o3rso.jpg

It's hard for me to focus on the suit because of the horrible posture. Stand up straight, Peter!

EDIT: Also, the Spider-Man 1 wrestling suit would look better if the clothes weren't as baggy and he had a decent mask. But as it is in the movie, it works, because he was supposed to have thrown it together in a hurry. It would be different if he were wearing that for months while fighting crime.

EDIT EDIT: Also, I wasn't happy with the Amazing Spider-Man 1 hipster Spidey with sunglasses and a hat. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back