Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!? - Part 8

I think adding the webwings is a nice addition since it's a clear part of SM's past history and helps to distinguish this version from the previous ones.

If someone can't tell the difference between this movie, and Tobey and Andrew's, there is no hope for them.

Spider-Man has a costume? Where did it come from!? Oh wait, Iron Man smh

nvm

Eeeeeey I was avoiding all possible information for this movie (I plan to avoid the trailers when they come out) but when someone let it slip to me that they're doing underarm webs I was totally excited and thought of this forum.

...and, they're being used to glide?

Ugh, that's too bad. The web-pits are only for style, at least that's how it is in the classic comics.

But hey, if that's what it takes for the movie people to let Spidey web-pits, then I'll take it! This Spidey will be the best dressed Marvel hero yet!

Just watch, they'll turn out to be these:
b600a16d47d30b143c9b3f8baadb3a74.jpg

*shiver*

In case you wanna know:
They're classic style underarm, elbow to belt length

no they look more like this:

c8jefqz.jpg

seems like they drop down from the armpits so they're retractable and not there the whole time :)

Last edited:
also new shooters?

qhcWTq8.jpg

edit: ah looks like he's wearing a crappy homemade suit beforehand - at least it serves as a reminder that he created the webshooters for all those who whine about Stark "creating" them

Last edited:
So great to see Happy again.

no they look more like this:

c8jefqz.jpg

seems like they drop down from the armpits so they're retractable and not there the whole time :)

Wish they didn't go all the way down to middle of his thigh.

Wish they didn't go all the way down to middle of his thigh.

That could easily be changed consider they're probably all CGI. Plus, I don't think they'll be out more than they're tucked in.

I owe Kelly Yates a punch for coming up with such an awful design.

EDIT: Oh it's for a toy... no punching then. Still awful, though.

spectacular-spiderman.jpg

Spiderman.jpg

That's how I prefer 'em. Not a fan of the flying squirrel Spider-Man. :oldrazz:

the thing is, if the web wings weren't that big, audience would laugh at the idea of them enabling gliding

I think the wings look okay. I just have to get used to it. Though I don't really like that Tony Stark is looking like thar he is responsible for the outfit upgrade.... Let this be the Spider Man show.

I think the wings look okay. I just have to get used to it. Though I don't really like that Tony Stark is looking like thar he is responsible for the outfit upgrade.... Let this be the Spider Man show.

badnews.jpg

I'd argue that where the suit comes from doesn't really matter in the long run. Like some people are saying it takes away from Peter's intelligence, but...not really?

He didn't make the suit in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics either. The wrestling arena gave it to him, of all people. All he did was sharpie on some webs. What was important to developing that Peter is what he did with the suit and how he acted. Same deal here. In the long run, where the suit comes from is pretty inconsequential. All that matters is he gets it, and acts like Spider-Man, and I think he's done a good job of that so far.

I'd argue that where the suit comes from doesn't really matter in the long run. Like some people are saying it takes away from Peter's intelligence, but...not really?

He didn't make the suit in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics either. The wrestling arena gave it to him, of all people. All he did was sharpie on some webs. What was important to developing that Peter is what he did with the suit and how he acted. Same deal here. In the long run, where the suit comes from is pretty inconsequential. All that matters is he gets it, and acts like Spider-Man, and I think he's done a good job of that so far.

This guy gets it.

Peter can be a scientific/technical genius without also being a fashion designer. Not being able to make a top-of-the-line superhero costume does not automatically lessen his intellect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"